does ip matter

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3775

prowler

03-12-2004 21:39:46

some of my referrals did offers at my house will gratis accept them or will they say something about ip address, all my referrals did everything truthfully and all their info is correct

and the messege on fip.com when your account is being checked says they will check my referrals referrals, so if none of my referrals have any of their own (because they did the site just for me , not to get them an ipod) will they call them suspicious?

LaurencePLJ

03-12-2004 21:47:58

[quote120a02c505="prowler"]some of my referrals did offers at my house will gratis accept them or will they say something about ip address, all my referrals did everything truthfully and all their info is correct

and the messege on fip.com when your account is being checked says they will check my referrals referrals, so if none of my referrals have any of their own (because they did the site just for me , not to get them an ipod) will they call them suspicious?[/quote120a02c505]

Sorry, they don't allow same ip referrals. No matter what, even if your friends truthfully did it. Gratis will take it as fraud and put you on hold.

mushybubbler

03-12-2004 22:21:59

[quotedff608f911="LaurencePLJ"][quotedff608f911="prowler"]some of my referrals did offers at my house will gratis accept them or will they say something about ip address, all my referrals did everything truthfully and all their info is correct

and the messege on fip.com when your account is being checked says they will check my referrals referrals, so if none of my referrals have any of their own (because they did the site just for me , not to get them an ipod) will they call them suspicious?[/quotedff608f911]

Sorry, they don't allow same ip referrals. No matter what, even if your friends truthfully did it. Gratis will take it as fraud and put you on hold.[/quotedff608f911]

Not really...If all the referrals look legit, with different addresses, etc. you should be fine. However with the way gratis has been lately...they might get suspicious.

reverendandy

03-12-2004 22:25:16

Do you have highspeed internet or dialup. if you use dialup your IP changes everytime you connect

r2d2_unit

04-12-2004 00:19:57

i have a static IP address and i used my computer to have my girlfriend complete an offer for me. my ipod will be here on monday. i guess sometimes they might put a user on hold for this, maybe even its something they started doing after i completed the program, who knows? oh well i guess my point is that IP doesnt matter in all cases

FreeOffersNow

05-12-2004 09:19:31

I think they use a multiple suspicion system....as long as only one criterion is deemed suspicious....your account should be fine.

turpentinedreams

05-12-2004 11:30:51

i was put on hold for having my brother do an offer, he is at college, he used his college address, last name is the only thing that is the same, that got me on hold.
I will be calling gratis monday to complain/ask wtf happened, if they shrug me off, i'm filing with the BBB for false and misleadign advertisement.

wish me luck.

FreeOffersNow

05-12-2004 12:54:13

Turpentine....if you could just go ahead and stop re-posting how you are going to file with the BBB that'd be great...I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of seeing the same post from you (

Exhibit A http//www.freeipodguide.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3772&highlight=

turpentinedreams

05-12-2004 13:01:53

i think i posted somewhere that i posted this a lot, so yeah i know.

FreeOffersNow

05-12-2004 13:03:17

lol...I understand your upset but reading the same thing over and over can get old pretty quickly. Good luck with that.

turpentinedreams

05-12-2004 13:06:29

thanks, i think i'll need it.

focusdchaos

06-12-2004 19:14:34

3 of my referals were from the same IP, the same machine even. Friends used my laptop on the school network. I was never put on hold. If the referals are indeed unique they don't care.