FALSE claims of fraud & abuse by gratis internet - rakin

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3764

armyturtle

03-12-2004 16:14:42

I get their game plan now. Pass out enough freeipods to make good PR with enough people that it balances the people who get Fliked over by them. You see I started my freeipods account soon after seeing it work on TechTV's "The ScreenSavers."

I couldn't believe it! I signed up and immediately had two friends do the same. My girlfriend & her sister. Unfortunately for me they live in the same apartment complex. The sister does not have internet nor a computer. She signed up via my girlfriends computer & net access. Next I encouraged my non tech savvy mother to sign up. To my disbelief when I "SUBMITTED FOR APPROVAL" after getting my 5 referrals, Gratis Internet took away 2 & put my account on hold! I opened a trouble ticket with them where they came back saying that I had abused the service. What BS!!! Fine - since the right side pane under my account said, "One or more of your referrals has not been approved" it appeared as though all I had to do was get 2 more. So I got 3. But no longer did I get a "SUBMIT FOR APPROVAL" button after acheiving 5 referrals again. Instead it just sat there - for weeks. I opened ticket after ticket until finally I got told my account will REMAIN on hold because of abuse & fraud. First off... why the Fli call it "HOLD?" Do these people speak the same English language as I do? Do they understand that HOLD does not mean PERMANENT? Second, they don't bother to explain at all there supposed "findings" to back up their claims. I am wondering just how many other people out there are experiencing the same false claims by Gratis Internet.

It's really simple. I believe they use "HOLD" as a way to lead you to believe that you should go ahead & get more referrals - of which they will never honor anyway... Yields a definite 100% profit for them.

I also believe they don't divulge to you what they feel you did wrong, nor anything to support their claims because people would stop using their service if it was found to be the complete BS that it is. Basically - since they're giving you a supposed "FREE" product their attitude is they don't have to explain ANYTHING to you nor back up their accusations.

So - in short... be wary. Some tips that I believe they use in their FALSE accusations of FRAUD & ABUSE

#1 - possible they are looking at the hard drive serial number used to register an account (still shouldn't be considered as abuse unless you sign up 20 or so accounts with the same one - what happens if I've got family over & I happen to convince them all to sign up right then & there at my place?)

#2 - possible they look at the MAC address of the Network device on your net applicance/computer - same BS as #1

#3 - IP address - same BS as #1

Feel free to post your BULLSH1T claims of wrong-doing by Gratis Internet.

danetix

03-12-2004 16:53:27

nope, id have to disagree here.

[quote92479da2eb="armyturtle"]I couldn't believe it! I signed up and immediately had two friends do the same. My girlfriend & her sister. Unfortunately for me they live in the same apartment complex. The sister does not have internet nor a computer. She signed up via my girlfriends computer & net access.[/quote92479da2eb]

simply put, you broke the TOS. most likely they used the same or very similar shipping addresses, not to mention they had the same ips...

[quote92479da2eb](b) Only one account is allowed per shipping address. We do this to ensure quality leads for our advertisers. Since we are 100% advertiser supported, we cannot afford to support multiple accounts at the same shipping address. If there is more than one user at a shipping address, we suggest that they share an account. All accounts which are found to contain shared shipping addresses will be placed on hold.[/quote92479da2eb]

seeing that apple ipods are approx. $300, they cant just give them away so easily. anything suspicious has to be considered strongly...in this case you could be making up excuses to prove that your referrals are unique. im not saying i dont believe you, but thats not a good enough reason to be calling gratis fraudulent. roll

CollidgeGraduit

03-12-2004 17:33:23

Haha.. PWNED