WTF? Ordered an Apple Ipod and got a HPod

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3747

treydawg

03-12-2004 09:05:04

What gives??? I think I might go return it at Best Buy and switch for an apple.

Malkavian^C^

03-12-2004 09:21:24

They are precisely the same hardware...why bother?

Guitardy

03-12-2004 11:04:50

the difference is hp has a better warrenty

TonyGarcia

03-12-2004 11:13:59

I didn't know you could exchange it at bestbuy.. don't you need a reciept?

danetix

03-12-2004 17:07:28

i dont think you need a receipt if its unopened. some stores will trade, some wont. i would personally keep the hpod for the longer warranty.

hedwig_da_owl

03-12-2004 17:11:51

phone support for life and a longer warranty and THE SAME DAMN THING with a small extra logo..u must be nuts to return it..I wud like to see ur face after u got it exchanged...lol

CoMpFrEaK

03-12-2004 17:18:33

omg people actually want the hp over the apple one

r2d2_unit

03-12-2004 18:30:16

http//www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0822/batman.jpg[" alt=""/imgfd08af3d66]

whenrabbisattack

03-12-2004 20:51:25

if you're like me then you're the kind of person who has learned to detest hp simply for the cheap crappy computers their company produces. Also, if you're like me, you have grown to adore apple for their products' simplicity, user-friendliness, and all-around zen-like design.

now the hp ipod, being identical to the apple ipod, bears the hp logo; something that i would despise to have on something i worked my ass off for. i just loathe hp all over, it is the constipation in the pc industry and apple is the metamucil. it disturbs me to think that hp teamed up with apple.

yes, i am aware that it's the same hardware and the hp is even cheaper and has a better warranty. that's the fundamental value of the hp ipod and i think that its fine that other people desire them; it's simple math. however, something that i can't stand is the logo of my probably most despised pc company branded onto the back of my beloved ipod. to me, the apple ipod holds a sentimental value as it proudly shows its creator's emblem that the hp ipod completely lacks.

and that's [b89f2494ca3]my[/b89f2494ca3] reason to preferring the apple ipod over the hp.

(wow that came out of nowhere)

Guitardy

03-12-2004 21:09:29

[quote3b395532e3="whenrabbisattack"]if you're like me then you're the kind of person who has learned to detest hp simply for the cheap crappy computers their company produces. Also, if you're like me, you have grown to adore apple for their products' simplicity, user-friendliness, and all-around zen-like design.

now the hp ipod, being identical to the apple ipod, bears the hp logo; something that i would despise to have on something i worked my ass off for. i just loathe hp all over, it is the constipation in the pc industry and apple is the metamucil. it disturbs me to think that hp teamed up with apple.

yes, i am aware that it's the same hardware and the hp is even cheaper and has a better warranty. that's the fundamental value of the hp ipod and i think that its fine that other people desire them; it's simple math. however, something that i can't stand is the logo of my probably most despised pc company branded onto the back of my beloved ipod. to me, the apple ipod holds a sentimental value as it proudly shows its creator's emblem that the hp ipod completely lacks.

and that's [b3b395532e3]my[/b3b395532e3] reason to preferring the apple ipod over the hp.

(wow that came out of nowhere)[/quote3b395532e3]

stfu, its free so stop complaining

whenrabbisattack

03-12-2004 21:19:21

oh i'll gladly accept anything for free. anything at all.

i'm just talking about if i had to buy )
..but then i guess that would be another forum.

sorry then

Guitardy

03-12-2004 21:25:37

it is still an apple ipod in all aspects but support, apple supports mac with limited windows support, and hp supports windows users better

nesuser2

03-12-2004 23:05:03

It's not free for one. For two, you should own a mac....haha. Finally, the HPod does ruin it actually. If you're that worried about a warranty, call up apple and pay their $48 or $57 for applecare which extends both phone and repair warranty/support to two years.....worries are gone ) These are not free, one you give out your personal information and then you let gratis test your patience and stress level for two months in most cases.

Stroid

04-12-2004 00:02:01

Actually Best Buy's return policy after thanksgiving is exchange or store credit until after Christmas. I tried exchanging some video games right before thanksgiving and they told me i need a reciept unless i come back after thanksgiving. So if you go now they probably will exchange it. But i dont know that they have the HP ipod.

Bungholio

04-12-2004 06:40:25

[quotefbdc3f2137="whenrabbisattack"]if you're like me then you're the kind of person who has learned to detest hp simply for the cheap crappy computers their company produces. Also, if you're like me, you have grown to adore apple for their products' simplicity, user-friendliness, and all-around zen-like design.

and that's [bfbdc3f2137]my[/bfbdc3f2137] reason to preferring the apple ipod over the hp.

(wow that came out of nowhere)[/quotefbdc3f2137]

Are you on CRACK dude????? I repair computers for a living and DELL is the cheapest piece of shit out there. I have had only 2 HP's come in, in the last 6 months. I owned a dell, it was HORID, now I have two HP laptops and they are amazing. You prob just had a bad experience or something.

grant38402

04-12-2004 07:59:24

[quote0c3c580270="Guitardy"][quote0c3c580270="whenrabbisattack"]if you're like me then you're the kind of person who has learned to detest hp simply for the cheap crappy computers their company produces. Also, if you're like me, you have grown to adore apple for their products' simplicity, user-friendliness, and all-around zen-like design.

and that's [b0c3c580270]my[/b0c3c580270] reason to preferring the apple ipod over the hp.

(wow that came out of nowhere)[/quote0c3c580270]

stfu, its free so stop complaining[/quote0c3c580270]
Guitardy, its not free idiot

l0th

04-12-2004 08:10:05

am I dreaming or did we already have these two discussions

_ apple vs. hp

_ free vs. not free

True enough, neither seems to have a possible conclusion since there are not actual discussions. So I guess, let's do it again.

Personal opinion on the apple vs. hp on the particular point about the hp logo whether apple or hp it would be kind of insane not to put the device in a case anyway. Now, there will be people who can't stand having even an hp logo no one can see. Maybe they should get a case and some help. lol

Guitardy

04-12-2004 08:47:37

[quote1e78a202cd="grant38402"][quote1e78a202cd="Guitardy"][quote1e78a202cd="whenrabbisattack"]if you're like me then you're the kind of person who has learned to detest hp simply for the cheap crappy computers their company produces. Also, if you're like me, you have grown to adore apple for their products' simplicity, user-friendliness, and all-around zen-like design.

and that's [b1e78a202cd]my[/b1e78a202cd] reason to preferring the apple ipod over the hp.

(wow that came out of nowhere)[/quote1e78a202cd]

stfu, its free so stop complaining[/quote1e78a202cd]
Guitardy, its not free idiot[/quote1e78a202cd]

if you chose an offer which cost you nothing, it is free, plain and simple, if you don't spend anything, it had 0 cost.

we aren't looking at this from an economists point of view, merely at its price

r2d2_unit

04-12-2004 08:54:31

[quotec0f28bbd6a="l0th"]am I dreaming or did we already have these two discussions

_ apple vs. hp

_ free vs. not free
[/quotec0f28bbd6a]

lol lol lol lol lol lol

grant38402

04-12-2004 17:54:21

[quote7ca1e598b1="treydawg"]What gives??? I think I might go return it at Best Buy and switch for an apple.[/quote7ca1e598b1]
Are you that guy from Laguna Beach, cuz if you are OMG OMG OMG! D

treydawg

04-12-2004 22:16:51

Now I'm confused. The box says PC + iPod but theres nothing HP inside the box nor is there an hp logo on the iPod. What gives?

chillywilly

05-12-2004 08:06:46

[quote1a499699c1="treydawg"]Now I'm confused. The box says PC + iPod but theres nothing HP inside the box nor is there an hp logo on the iPod. What gives?[/quote1a499699c1]
Sounds like it's an Apple iPod.

The HP will say HP on the back side of the iPod (silver side).