Lawsuit

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=37288

bjbailey

13-04-2006 12:15:48

How will the lawsuit that is going on with freepay affect us? Approvals, shipments, etc?

People keep saying that freepay is not shipping until after the lawsuit. Is that true?

Others say they are setting up for bankruptcy.....

What is going on?

Iloveipods2

13-04-2006 13:02:46

well i sorta think it's affecting us now, look at how many people have been approved since the change in the TOS, about 3 or 5 people, and this is after 6 weeks it was implemented.

there's no way they'll go bankrupt before june 1st though.

bjbailey

13-04-2006 13:33:14

But, will they approve forms and send the earned gifts prior to June 1st?

phunkstar

13-04-2006 14:00:07

[quote6e2a4aae3c="bjbailey"]People keep saying that freepay is not shipping until after the lawsuit. Is that true?

Others say they are setting up for bankruptcy.....

What is going on?[/quote6e2a4aae3c]

Nobody except Jewell & Martin really knows the answer to this, but I'd wager they are withholding 95-99% of legitimately attained gifts until a settlement is reached with the NY AG (or if it goes to court, which is doubtful).

Don't you find it ironic the only accounts being approved are PS3 accounts?

Accounts they realistically can ignore for the next 12 months. Hell, they're even quelling the noise from those PS3 folks crying for approval. Lets face it, there is absolutely no reason a legitimate non-PS3 account should have to wait 6+ weeks for approval.

And what reason is there for a back-log of Ipods? PSP's? Mac Mini's?

The ONLY reason is to increase cash assets to cover their ass for making a stupid, greedy mistake. They may even "want" to send out gifts, but they just can't afford to do so right now. They need to cover the pending financial burden first.

jy3

14-04-2006 08:56:49

i doubt that the amount that they get fined/have to pay out will cause them to file for bankruptcy. it may make things tight but I believe that their new business model will create a higher profit margin than the previous one they used. when gifts will get sent out, who knows. as long as my pc3 gets approved and i eventually get it i am happy. now i will be sending in a form hopefully next week for a psp and would like that soon...but that may not happen