Elegibility from same IP address?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=37140

Evilsatan

11-04-2006 05:56:07

Hello, I did try the search function but as so many posts have "ipod" and "address" in it I couldn't find this question answered.

Has anyone had their account placed on hold because users have signed up from the same IP/same computer? I have had a ipod but have 9/10 offers complete on my camera, since 2 people have completed an offer following the rules but on my computer. One was over a month ago and freepays customer service is shlit so that one won't complete, the other was less than a week ago so have a little while yet to see if it works.

Anyway I have asked them the same question, in the T&Cs I couldn't see a clause mentioning it.

Thanks

CollidgeGraduit

11-04-2006 06:10:00

[quotefdc8178789="Evilsatan"]Hello, I did try the search function but as so many posts have "iPod" and "address" in it I couldn't find this question answered.

Has anyone had their account placed on hold because users have signed up from the same IP/same computer? I have had a iPod but have 9/10 offers complete on my camera, since 2 people have completed an offer following the rules but on my computer. One was over a month ago and freepays customer service is shlit so that one won't complete, the other was less than a week ago so have a little while yet to see if it works.

Anyway I have asked them the same question, in the T&Cs I couldn't see a clause mentioning it.

Thanks[/quotefdc8178789]

First off, their terms & conditions dictate that you can only have ONE ACCOUNT per household. Second, calling their customer service "shlit" in your first post is not the best way to get Jake to want to go out of his way to help you.

Evilsatan

11-04-2006 06:19:54

I am talking from experience, I am not trying to cause him or anybody in that team offence but I have been using Gratis/Freepay for about a year and a half. Before they changed to Freepay you would get personalised and helpful reponses, obviously now, as with any large company such as eBay, they have a lot of tards who haven't read the terms asking them stupid questions causing them to reply with quotes. Thanks to tards not reading basic T&Cs it makes it almost impossible for people such as myself with a perfectly valid question which is not clearly answered on ths site to receive help.

I know it is one account per household, people who do not have a computer use my computer to sign up, they live at a different household in my village and register to that household. Also some register at my college thus again sharing the same IP.

Now what I was wondering was is this ok?

Thanks and sorry if my first post caused offence.

dmorris68

11-04-2006 06:29:16

IP sharing is a gray area that has been reported to cause holds. I don't necessarily agree with it myself, but it's one of the few things that you can't easily fake and therefore one of the most reliable indicators of fraud -- even when there are a million and one reasons why it ISN'T fraud.

I still don't think Freepay or any other site should DQ solely on shared IP's. However, most have indicated in their T&C that shared IP's for signups are discouraged, and so you should have been warned of the possibility. I always signup from home, and never work or cafe's or anywhere else that the internet is shared.

Your best bet is to PM Jake here and explain the situation. Maybe he can help, maybe not. You're fortunate that at least Freepay has an active presence on these forums, and Jake has been very responsive to other people's problems here.

Evilsatan

11-04-2006 07:18:46

Thanks for your reply, it shines some light on my situation. I was not aware there was someone from freepay on here until the first mod inferred it.

Shall see what he has to say about my situation )

bjbailey

11-04-2006 10:28:46

I have recieved better "responses" and "customer support" with freepay Jake than any other free offer companies.

Jake is very prompt and very clear in his responses.

I hope freepay is paying him well to put up with all of the pissing and moaning that is always going on here.

CollidgeGraduit

11-04-2006 10:31:21

+karma for you, bjbailey

Evilsatan

11-04-2006 11:10:18

[quote18b0a6f0de="bjbailey"]I have recieved better "responses" and "customer support" with freepay Jake than any other free offer companies.

Jake is very prompt and very clear in his responses.

I hope freepay is paying him well to put up with all of the pissing and moaning that is always going on here.[/quote18b0a6f0de]

I think you misunderstood, I was not complaining about Jake on here because as aforementioned I didn't realise there was a resident rep on here for freepay. In fact from the looks of his posts on this board he is very helpful. I have PM'd him and hope he can help me out as then I too shall sing his praises.

My complaint was from past experience using the built-in centre on the freepay site as all I get in response is "someone is looking into it and we shall reply within 15 days", I then wait a month and still have no replies. This was nothing to do with him and so wasn't his fault.

downthesun

11-04-2006 19:40:25

Even though it mentions nothing about IP addresses in the Terms and Conditions, your account may be placed on hold or the account of the person that signed up at your house may go grey. I had my sisters signed up at my house for my xbox 360 site, they both did offers, their accounts went grey, neither of them live in my house.

mpbollywoodking

11-04-2006 19:50:54

It's not just about the IP problem. Is the "Walkthrough" problem. When you have other users sign up at your house, it looks like you are guiding them through the process, telling them how to sign up and which offer to sign up on. Freepay doesn't allow that, which clearly states in the Terms and Conditions

Evilsatan

12-04-2006 01:15:24

[quoteb96ab60b17="mpbollywoodking"]It's not just about the IP problem. Is the "Walkthrough" problem. When you have other users sign up at your house, it looks like you are guiding them through the process, telling them how to sign up and which offer to sign up on. Freepay doesn't allow that, which clearly states in the Terms and Conditions[/quoteb96ab60b17]

These two friends are illiterate hence they do not have the internet at their house. It states you are allowed to help if the users have such a disorder.

dmorris68

12-04-2006 04:45:27

[quote78ce73263f="Evilsatan"][quote78ce73263f="mpbollywoodking"]It's not just about the IP problem. Is the "Walkthrough" problem. When you have other users sign up at your house, it looks like you are guiding them through the process, telling them how to sign up and which offer to sign up on. Freepay doesn't allow that, which clearly states in the Terms and Conditions[/quote78ce73263f]

These two friends are illiterate hence they do not have the internet at their house. It states you are allowed to help if the users have such a disorder.[/quote78ce73263f]
Yes but IIRC in that same section it states that you must contact Freepay about it first and explain the situation. I'm taking it you didn't do that?

Evilsatan

12-04-2006 05:35:45

[quote06f71f294f="dmorris68"][quote06f71f294f="Evilsatan"][quote06f71f294f="mpbollywoodking"]It's not just about the IP problem. Is the "Walkthrough" problem. When you have other users sign up at your house, it looks like you are guiding them through the process, telling them how to sign up and which offer to sign up on. Freepay doesn't allow that, which clearly states in the Terms and Conditions[/quote06f71f294f]

These two friends are illiterate hence they do not have the internet at their house. It states you are allowed to help if the users have such a disorder.[/quote06f71f294f]
Yes but IIRC in that same section it states that you must contact Freepay about it first and explain the situation. I'm taking it you didn't do that?[/quote06f71f294f]

That is my problem, whenever I contact them I get replies which do not explain or help whatsoever, usually I get copy paste replies from the secion that says one account per household. Unlike a lot of people who sign up there I have read the full terms and conditions 3 times now, once being since the new revisions.

I am losing time as at the end of next month all my efforts would have been for nothing, that is why I am frustrated.

dmorris68

12-04-2006 06:26:00

[quote4a732bd160="Evilsatan"]That is my problem, whenever I contact them I get replies which do not explain or help whatsoever, usually I get copy paste replies from the secion that says one account per household. Unlike a lot of people who sign up there I have read the full terms and conditions 3 times now, once being since the new revisions.

I am losing time as at the end of next month all my efforts would have been for nothing, that is why I am frustrated.[/quote4a732bd160]

Your best bet is probably to just PM Jake and explain the situation. Maybe he can help.