Ipod account on hold

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=36785

downthesun

05-04-2006 13:06:12

My ipod account has been on hold since November I believe, I started the site in August, I was new to all these freebie sites, and I really didn't think they were as strict as they were with their terms and conditions. I admitted to them that I made multiple accounts, but I told them the reason was because I wanted to check how many referals I needed to get for the site(at the time I didn't know about this site).

So, eventually I got 7 referals to complete an offer, the DQed two of them, but I still had the 5 people that were green, and the 5 that were required to get the ipod. On my other accounts that I had, they were yellow, I didn't think it was that bad to have multiple accounts, I thought as long as they were yellow, I would be safe, especially since I only logged into the accounts the one time that I made them.

What do you all think of the situtation? As I said, I wasn't really clear on the multiple account rule due to me being a noob to the freebie sites. Do you think I should get my item? I have been asking them to take me off of hold, should I keep pursuing my dream of getting a free ipod? or should I just give up?

unknown uchiha

05-04-2006 13:12:03

Multiple accounts are not allowed, but from hearing your situation I believe you should contact Freepay CS via a support ticket to sort things out.

i blame history

05-04-2006 13:12:57

since you had referrals on multiple accounts, i highly doubt you will be taken off hold. you could try for an ipod at other sites, as you know, but all freepay sites are out of the question for you now.

mpbollywoodking

05-04-2006 13:53:21

if u had referrals on the old account, than they won't take u off hold.

downthesun

05-04-2006 14:08:41

No, I only had referals on one account, the other accounts were never used for anything except to check out how many referals were needed for the ipod and to see if certain offers were disabled for my referals. See when I made the multiple accounts i just put random letters in as the email, used a word that i wouldnt remember in the future, and used a fake address( reason for this was because I thought if I used my real address they would see that I had multiple accounts, I didn't know you give them your address when you order your item and I didn't know they traced accounts by ip address considering it says nothing about that in the terms and conditions.)

i blame history

05-04-2006 14:17:30

[quote706bdc09e0="downthesun"]
So, eventually I got 7 referals to complete an offer, the DQed two of them, but I still had the 5 people that were green, and the 5 that were required to get the iPod. [b706bdc09e0]On my other accounts that I had, they were yellow, I didn't think it was that bad to have multiple accounts, I thought as long as they were yellow, I would be safe[/b706bdc09e0], especially since I only logged into the accounts the one time that I made them.
[/quote706bdc09e0]

thats where i read that you had referrals, with yellow status, under your 'unwanted' account.

dmorris68

05-04-2006 14:18:03

If you used random letters then do you even know the e-mail you used to sign up with? If not, then they certainly can't help you, because each account is identified by e-mail.

Also, your original post said "I thought if they were yellow it would be okay" but now you say you didn't have referrals on your duplicate accounts. If you had yellows over there, they're still referrals. If you're talking about yellows on other freepay sites, then that is fine -- they allow one account per site.

They probably tracked you by IP, something they won't admit too but I think we've all figured out that they do. That's why you should never join these sites from work, schools, libraries, internet cafe's, and other locations that share an internet address -- you don't know how many people before (or after) you have signed up, and it will look like duplicate accounts.

If you truly never used those other accounts, had NO referrals on them AT ALL, and can identify them by e-mail address, then you MIGHT be able to talk your way off hold... but I'm doubtful. You not only violated T&C by creating dupe accounts, but you used bogus information -- another violation. Chances are you are sunk on Freepay sites and just need to move on to other sites and consider this a lesson learned.

downthesun

05-04-2006 14:35:39

when I said " i thought if they were yellow I would be ok" I meant the unwanted accounts that i signed up with under my main account. It was just two unwanted accounts under my main account. I only made 3 accounts, my main account, and the two unwanted ones. The referal links for my two unwanted accounts were never given out to anyone and no one ever signed up as a referal for them.

Oh, and they DEFINATLY, do track you by ip address.

woohooafreeipod

05-04-2006 14:41:33

Self-referral = Big no no shrug shrug

i blame history

05-04-2006 16:05:49

but... you said the accounts you made that you didnt want were made to check referral requirements and such... but you just said they were made under your main account... since you have a main account, you could see what was needed, so why the other accounts?

im just confused.

downthesun

05-04-2006 17:51:01

the first unwanted account was to check how many referals I needed to get, i had no one else signed up on the site under my account, so it didn't say what the required amount, i needed to have one referal show up so it would say 0 of your referals have completed an offer you still need 5 more. the second unwanted account I made was because a friend of mine said that an offer wasn't showing up for him, so I thought he was just lying to get out of completing an offer for me, so i made the second account under my main account to check out if the offer was still there. at the time I didn't know freepay disabled certain offers for referals.

St00pid

05-04-2006 18:39:15

[quote5972e2598c="downthesun"]the first unwanted account was to check how many referals I needed to get, i had no one else signed up on the site under my account, so it didn't say what the required amount, i needed to have one referal show up so it would say 0 of your referals have completed an offer you still need 5 more. the second unwanted account I made was because a friend of mine said that an offer wasn't showing up for him, so I thought he was just lying to get out of completing an offer for me, so i made the second account under my main account to check out if the offer was still there. at the time I didn't know freepay disabled certain offers for referals.[/quote5972e2598c]

You do realize that you could of just read the Terms and Conditions... >_>

downthesun

05-04-2006 19:26:34

[quote5caa0b526b="St00pid"]You do realize that you could of just read the Terms and Conditions... >_>[/quote5caa0b526b]

I realized that when I was looking at my xbox 360 account

mpbollywoodking

06-04-2006 06:44:17

so, let me get this straight. Your old account, u got one referral (urself) so that u can check how many referrals u need. And then u made another account which u use to get referrals and complete offers? Am i correct?

downthesun

07-04-2006 12:09:31

the "old" account was my first account, with that account, i used the referal link to sign up again to check out how many referals i needed. then with the first account a few days later, i made another account because a friend said an offer was gone and i wanted to check, i couldnt log into the secondf account because i didnt know the password. so under my first account(old) i had two unwanted accounts that i made. the two unwanted accounts were never used to get referals to sign up, only my first/main account was used to get referals. the other accounts were never used aside from the two reasons i mentioned.

mpbollywoodking

07-04-2006 12:14:25

well, than, there u go. That is why u got on hold. You signed up using ur own link. But, i'm sure newbs will do that.

did u send a support ticket explaining the situation?

downthesun

07-04-2006 16:47:00

yeah, i have explained the situtation to them many times. i have asked them to speak with a manager to hopefully get the situation straightened up.

downthesun

07-04-2006 16:47:34

yeah, i have explained the situtation to them many times. i have asked them to speak with a manager to hopefully get the situation straightened up.