freeu2pods = ipods-free = scam. watch out.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3632

hemingway2

30-11-2004 08:37:12

ssia.

Guitardy

30-11-2004 08:39:49

ya, haha, i just posted a message in the original thread at the exact same time as you posted this, what a fuck trying to scam money, there must be some kind of criminal charge that could be brought against him, to put him in his place

CollidgeGraduit

30-11-2004 08:52:09

Read their T&C.. they go on and on about how they can reject your account if they want, change the # of referrals needed, and they don't guarantee that you will get anything. What kind of charges do you want to bring them up on? By signing up for it, the user agrees that freeu2ipods.com is under no obligation to give them anything.

justinfreestuff

30-11-2004 15:33:07

hehe owned

Anon

30-11-2004 15:35:03

[quote336d05ed1f="CollidgeGraduit"]Read their T&C.. they go on and on about how they can reject your account if they want, change the # of referrals needed, and they don't guarantee that you will get anything. What kind of charges do you want to bring them up on? By signing up for it, the user agrees that freeu2ipods.com is under no obligation to give them anything.[/quote336d05ed1f]

but doesnt freeipod t&c say that too

Blavitch

30-11-2004 16:16:09

Do you see an iPod anywhere?
-Blav

CollidgeGraduit

30-11-2004 16:59:05

Yes, the freeipods T&C does say that.. so you can't take them to court if you don't get a free ipod either.

Blurrz

30-11-2004 17:27:29

Just because their site disclaims all warranties doesn't mean they are protected. There is this little thing called fraud that works in our favor too, as well as express and implied warranties. These protect against what would be false advertising if you completed the site, got approved, and never got an iPod. Even if they sent you a $300 check, that would not excuse them.

CollidgeGraduit

30-11-2004 17:59:55

It's not false advertising if you AGREE to Terms and Conditions which say you are not guaranteed to receive anything. The T&C are set up to protect them, and that's why you are forced to agree to them if you want to participate in their offer.

turpentinedreams

30-11-2004 18:01:13

but it's something illigell if you have to go out of your way to review the T and C.

CollidgeGraduit

30-11-2004 18:06:20

You don't have to go out of your way. It's a link at the bottom of the main page.

turpentinedreams

30-11-2004 19:01:09

that could be atleast argued as out of your way and possibly hidden ro discrete.
but argueing over a free item is pretty retarded.

Blurrz

30-11-2004 19:01:55

[quote4e44925499="CollidgeGraduit"]It's not false advertising if you AGREE to Terms and Conditions which say you are not guaranteed to receive anything. The T&C are set up to protect them, and that's why you are forced to agree to them if you want to participate in their offer.[/quote4e44925499]

My point is that having those T&C doesn't absolve them of liability. Anyone can write up fancy T&C and make you agree to them when you sign up, but if you go through the process legitimately and they still refuse to give you your product, you have a claim against them that any T&C will not cover, because they would be committing fraud. Even though their T&C seems to protect them from liability, it doesn't. They still have to conform to acceptable standards, just like any other for-profit business.

turpentinedreams

30-11-2004 19:13:38

i'll pay you $400 to do this job for me, but when you finish, I'm nto going to pay you.

PriceVISta

30-11-2004 20:00:07

i just signed up this site. it has many more things then ipods-free.com did. are you guys sure they're from the same owner as ipods-free.com. i dont want to waste my time for some stupid scam. btw.. they got ebay offer now. dont know why, i thought ebay didnt pay them when they were ipods-free.com, or this site is not from ipods-free, and they didnt read the ebay tos.

Guitardy

30-11-2004 21:47:03

[quote102f328512="PriceVISta"]i just signed up this site. it has many more things then ipods-free.com did. are you guys sure they're from the same owner as ipods-free.com. i dont want to waste my time for some stupid scam. btw.. they got ebay offer now. dont know why, i thought ebay didnt pay them when they were ipods-free.com, or this site is not from ipods-free, and they didnt read the ebay tos.[/quote102f328512]

ipods-free had ebay and claimed ebay wouldn't pay them, but they clearly had several thousand in profits, someone posted a screen shot of their account.

adding another item doesn't mean they are different owners. both have the exact layout and forms, check out freeipods.de, there is another copy of it. inevitably people will sign up and make him money only to be scammed again.

hacktek

01-12-2004 08:15:39

yup

PriceVISta

01-12-2004 14:52:08

I decided to give this site a try. since i cant post link. my id 148
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 30 , 2004

Recently, we have received massive amounts of email regarding the ownership of this website. We are not affiliated in any way with ipods-free.com. Our scripts and designs are identical due to the fact that we purchased the irrevocable script from sovilo.com. www.freeu2ipods.com is a legitimate business committed to giving away thousands and maybe millions of dollars in gifts. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.

Guitardy

01-12-2004 15:14:27

[quote270a10f7f7="PriceVISta"]I decided to give this site a try. since i cant post link. my id 148

November 30 , 2004

Recently, we have received massive amounts of email regarding the ownership of this website. We are not affiliated in any way with ipods-free.com. Our scripts and designs are identical due to the fact that we purchased the irrevocable script from sovilo.com. www.freeu2ipods.com is a legitimate business committed to giving away thousands and maybe millions of dollars in gifts. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.[/quote270a10f7f7]

I dunno if you are a complete moron or what, after X amount of posts on this is a scam, you still continue to believe it's real and are gonna make him money.

First off, goto sovilo.com and realize that it does not sell scripts, it is a link to google search engine, so where did he purchase that script off there from? secondly, ipods-free went up, turned out to be a scam, went down, then a new site freeu2ipods came online AFTER the other was a scam and decided to use the exact same layout and scripts? Any smart person would never make a similar type site if the other was a scam, it's only common sense.

All the best to you for trying it, but don't come here crying when you don't get anything.

Mr. A

02-12-2004 08:29:06

[quotece4c677839]My point is that having those T&C doesn't absolve them of liability. Anyone can write up fancy T&C and make you agree to them when you sign up, but if you go through the process legitimately and they still refuse to give you your product, you have a claim against them that any T&C will not cover, because they would be committing fraud. Even though their T&C seems to protect them from liability, it doesn't. They still have to conform to acceptable standards, just like any other for-profit business.[/quotece4c677839]

Everyone that mentions these clauses seems to have the opinion that the indicate that the company is possibly shaddy. Imho, any of these freexxx companies that don't have similar clauses are more of a red flag that the ones who do.

I run blockbuster promos on my sites & get $25 per trial. Assuming they get the same for that & other offers,, and pay a wholesale of $200 per iPod, it takes 8 completed signups for every iPod.
In other words, for every person that gets an iPod, the site needs you+5refs+2others... with those other 7 to [bce4c677839]not[/bce4c677839] complete the requirements.
Gratis can stay afloat b/c of the selling of email addys & all the free pub that they get... but considering how many congas & other similar ref methods, the competing sites are going to have an extremely difficult time keeping the ratio down in order to stay profitable, so those clauses are neccessary.
I've thought long & hard about jumping on the bandwagon & starting up similar FREEsites of my own... but frankly, I just cannot see anyone surviving the long-haul under the current methods used.

Don't get me wrong... just b/c they have such clauses doesn't mean they are legit by any means. Im just saying that if you do the math, I'd be more worried about a company that didn't have those clauses.

Guitardy

02-12-2004 08:42:03

so they lose a bit of money if when people complete it and get approved... but then there are the people who get 10+ referrals each who make the company money, plus the people who sign up, then dont get the needed referrals who also make the company money, so in turn the only way the company would lose money is if somehow everyone only referred the needed people, and each completed the requirements with the bare minimum allowing no extra revenue

hacktek

03-12-2004 08:23:20

[quote8c68489cc0="PriceVISta"]I decided to give this site a try. since i cant post link. my id 148

November 30 , 2004

Recently, we have received massive amounts of email regarding the ownership of this website. We are not affiliated in any way with ipods-free.com. Our scripts and designs are identical due to the fact that we purchased the irrevocable script from sovilo.com. www.freeu2ipods.com is a legitimate business committed to giving away thousands and maybe millions of dollars in gifts. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.[/quote8c68489cc0]

Sweet Evil Jesus! Are you retarded?

Guitardy

03-12-2004 11:06:19

it appears as if he is