Another Idiotic Gratis Automated Email

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3630

Leviathan

30-11-2004 05:21:06

Attention all 11/23s, Looks like we may not be any closer to shipment after all.

[bc30ccc4ab3]On 11/23/2004 62817 PM[/bc30ccc4ab3]
I have been waiting since 10/15 to get my IPOD shipped. I was originally Sent to Vendor 10/22. I sat by and watched as people who were STV AFTER me received their IPODS while my status has not changed. Now as a further slap in the face, my status gets changed to STV 11/23...over a month after it was supposed to be STV. What is going on here? This is truly a slap in the face to all of us who have been waiting and received nothing. Am I being SCAMMED here or what?

[bc30ccc4ab3]Here is the response[/bc30ccc4ab3]
On 11/29/2004 42659 PM customer service wrote
Thanks for your email about your order. iPods are currently on backorder because of their very high demand. But, the good news is many will be shipped out from our vendor in the near future. Please be patient and understand we are doing everything in our power to get your order out the door and into your hands. Let me also explain what our different order statuses mean. “Pending” means we are working on processing your order. This usually takes 3 to 5 business days, but can take more time due to high volume or account verification. “In Progress” (1, 2, and 3 are all the same) means that your order has been sent to our vendor and we are awaiting shipment status. Again, iPods are on backorder, so many users have had an order in Pending for several days. Once an order has shipped your status will change to “Shipped” and you should receive the item in approximately 3 to 5 business days. Please only contact us if your order has been marked shipped for over a week, and we can follow up with tracking it down. Thanks for your patience

CollidgeGraduit

30-11-2004 05:29:11

Thanks for the update. I wonder when people are going to realize that they'll get their iPod when they get it. E-mailing isn't going to get you any closer, nor will you get any information regarding when it will ship.

ario

30-11-2004 09:20:48

You know, whining about other people using their own time and energy to e-mail Gratis doesn't help anything, either.

CollidgeGraduit

30-11-2004 09:25:39

HEY THANKS ARIO

ario

30-11-2004 12:22:39

HEY YOU TOO COLLIDGE

r2d2_unit

30-11-2004 12:28:50

ROFL there is no love in this forum at all

chillywilly

30-11-2004 12:34:33

[quote9699730860="r2d2_unit"]ROFL there is no love in this forum at all[/quote9699730860]
no love indeed. Those of us still waiting are angry, pissed off and fucking tired of another delay, which means every little thing sets us off.

My g/f sure wishes I'd get mine. She's starting to have nightmares of iPods chasing her down in FedEx packages from the many times I've mentioned my waiting period.

r2d2_unit

30-11-2004 12:41:47

haha yeah my friends are starting to think i'm full of shit and probably would never try a free site because of the wait ive been having. it blows extra hard because i have been waiting to reformat my virus infested computer until i got my ipod and transfer my musaq over. the pot is boilin over i'm at the point of sayin fuck it.

turpentinedreams

30-11-2004 12:53:36

i need it to backup my music and stuff too.
basically music and portfolio.

rmkolak

30-11-2004 13:04:17

Every time I hear Vertigo by U2 I cry alittle on the inside-> will my pod ever come?

Sincerely,
Processing 11/10

l0th

30-11-2004 13:04:40

I guess I was lucky enough to have that pot boiling over very early on. I mean, not really boiling but I had come to the conclusion more than a month ago that there was nothing else to do than wait.

I also decided that in the meantime, maybe I could get an iPod for free from some other company.

So, I must say thanks Gratis! if you weren't so slow I would have been too busy listening to music on my iPod and I would have never discovered OfferCentric and tech4free. So, yeah, thanks Gratis! if you weren't you, I would have only one iPod instead of two now. Oh, and the person to whom I'm giving that iPod says thanks too, she won't have to sign-up with you to get one for free. lol

And who knows, maybe the stv will end some day and I'll have a third one.... I don't think I will ever use that last one it would have been so incredible to receive it after all that time, that I'll just put it on display in a showcase so that it reminds me the time when I was young.

chillywilly

30-11-2004 13:45:08

[quotee51c8db439="r2d2_unit"]it blows extra hard because i have been waiting to reformat my virus infested computer until i got my ipod and transfer my musaq over.[/quotee51c8db439]
I've been waiting to re-do my PC as well, although for years I've been creating two partitions... one for data, one for the OS. So I can redo the OS without wiping out the data.

I'm waiting to have a lot of songs to choose on one device.

grant38402

30-11-2004 13:59:08

[quoteb943b3c911="Leviathan"]Attention all 11/23s, Looks like we may not be any closer to shipment after all.

[bb943b3c911]On 11/23/2004 62817 PM[/bb943b3c911]
I have been waiting since 10/15 to get my IPOD shipped. I was originally Sent to Vendor 10/22. I sat by and watched as people who were STV AFTER me received their IPODS while my status has not changed. Now as a further slap in the face, my status gets changed to STV 11/23...over a month after it was supposed to be STV. What is going on here? This is truly a slap in the face to all of us who have been waiting and received nothing. Am I being SCAMMED here or what?

[bb943b3c911]Here is the response[/bb943b3c911]
On 11/29/2004 42659 PM customer service wrote
Thanks for your email about your order. iPods are currently on backorder because of their very high demand. But, the good news is many will be shipped out from our vendor in the near future. Please be patient and understand we are doing everything in our power to get your order out the door and into your hands. Let me also explain what our different order statuses mean. “Pending” means we are working on processing your order. This usually takes 3 to 5 business days, but can take more time due to high volume or account verification. “In Progress” (1, 2, and 3 are all the same) means that your order has been sent to our vendor and we are awaiting shipment status. Again, iPods are on backorder, so many users have had an order in Pending for several days. Once an order has shipped your status will change to “Shipped” and you should receive the item in approximately 3 to 5 business days. Please only contact us if your order has been marked shipped for over a week, and we can follow up with tracking it down. Thanks for your patience[/quoteb943b3c911]
Maybe because you ask an automated question that they have already answered