I'm a homo

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3616

ItmPls

29-11-2004 16:56:26

And the 1000000000000000000000000000000th Free Info site.

Bah.

<is tired of tards making sites thinking they will get items in order for them to recieve their free itAm.>

<'s site pwns everyone's ez>

l0th

29-11-2004 17:02:11

[quote4ed735bec6]give the mods a break[/quote4ed735bec6]

I usually do, but this one really cries for lock/deletion/ban, right in its title. Even a ipods-free.com customer could see that lol

danetix

29-11-2004 18:10:18

lol

Admin

29-11-2004 21:45:39

Sorry guys, been applying to colleges here D

CollidgeGraduit

29-11-2004 21:47:50

God, Admin, don't you know we're supposed to be spending every minute of our lives policing the forums for spam? P

CoMpFrEaK

29-11-2004 22:22:11

[quoteb46ea7c8ca="CollidgeGraduit"]God, Admin, don't you know we're supposed to be spending every minute of our lives policing the forums for spam? P[/quoteb46ea7c8ca]

admins have a life you know, errr.....wait.....maybe not collidgegraduit lol

l0th

29-11-2004 23:23:46

[quote96022fe576]God, Admin, don't you know we're supposed to be spending every minute of our lives policing the forums for spam?[/quote96022fe576]

Yeah, tell me about it... lol

danetix

30-11-2004 03:37:17

lives? what is a lives? shock

lol

doylnea

30-11-2004 10:22:22

[quote98309bbf86="l0th"]wow shock

where are the mods? roll[/quote98309bbf86]

I laughed out loud when I saw you complaining about someone spamming this forum.

l0th

30-11-2004 11:27:03

I'm glad I gave you a good time.

By the way, where are your congas? the page I had bookmarked is not there anymore. As matter of fact, the domain doesn't exist anymore. I'm glad I'm not some user who came back to check where I am in line lol

doylnea

30-11-2004 14:25:34

[quotea0a778863f="l0th"]I'm glad I gave you a good time.

By the way, where are your congas? the page I had bookmarked is not there anymore. As matter of fact, the domain doesn't exist anymore. I'm glad I'm not some user who came back to check where I am in line lol[/quotea0a778863f]

No, the domain is still there and the forum is active. In fact if you google using the domain name it's at the top of the list with recent results. And as I've written before, you'll find that my name, or any of the other moderators names has not appeared on the top of any of the Congas, since the early Gratis ones or mp3players. The people who start the Congas are members of my site who have contributed to the site by completing offers for other users.

I won't post my address because that would be spamming, nor will I ask my members to come here and promote my site, because that too would be spamming. I don't beg for contributions (or completions or referrals for my own offers) like you do on your site.

I come to this site for my own information and in fact direct folks on my congas to come here for help. Now, if you'll remember, my free ipod forum site is the one of the oldest Conga sites on the internet, since I started the site after getting the idea from the original site that created the Conga idea (which incidentally is no longer doing Congas as part of a site owner decision).

I don't have any ill will towards you or your site - I just don't understand how you can be so brash as to come here and spam your site 24 hours a day and then still have the gall to post about someone else spamming their site here without seeing yourself as hypocritical.

l0th

30-11-2004 17:15:25

[quote6e1e2ebcd4]I don't have any ill will towards you or your site[/quote6e1e2ebcd4]

I know, I know. Me neither. Maybe I would if I could find your website but I just can't. Please PM it too me.

[quote6e1e2ebcd4]I won't post my address because that would be spamming[/quote6e1e2ebcd4]

I'm glad we have the same definition of what spamming is.

But then, if I follow this definition, I have to disagree with this

[quote6e1e2ebcd4]how you can be so brash as to come here and spam your site 24 hours a day[/quote6e1e2ebcd4]

and more generally with the idea that I'm spamming. I don't post any URL here, and I don't tell people "PM me for a conga line that is almost as fantastic as Doylnea's". As matter of fact, if you check my recent post you'll see that I'm the one asking people to PM me their congas lol

Besides, if you'd checked my posts, you would have seen that I spent most of my time here either wondering what's wrong with Gratis, or helping others. I've done a fair deal of promotion for the new system we've set up lately on our site, but again, that was more to engage a discussion about the benefits of that new system over conga lines (and the debated did happen http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3546&highlight=[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3546&highlight=). And note again that only once I had to post the url= but it was in the specific context of demonstrating the stupidity of hemingway2's argument when he claimed he could call the system of trade at GL by its .comurl=http:// but it was in the specific context of demonstrating the stupidity of hemingway2's argument when he claimed he could call the system of trade at GL by its .comurl=http:///url name because it was a unique concept.

[quote6e1e2ebcd4]I just don't understand how you can be so brash as to come here and spam your site 24 hours a day and then still have the gall to post about someone else spamming their site here without seeing yourself as hypocritical.[/quote6e1e2ebcd4]

Well, first because like I just said I don't spam. Then because I have no problem with people posting their websites [b6e1e2ebcd4]as long as they're not scamming people[/b6e1e2ebcd4]. This one is, as was ipods-free.com and that's why I thought the topic needed to be bumped until the admin would remove URL (which is still in the title by the way).

And thanks for your concern, I don't see myself as hypocritical. I'm concerned about you too but I really don't have time for this, I actually have fast moving things I have to take care of lol

grant38402

30-11-2004 18:38:08

daaaaaaaamn doylnea you got told...then ass raped..even Colin thinks so D
http/" alt=""/img62.exs.cx/img="62/8962/kidownedcar.jpg[" alt=""/imgd8964fde1d]

doylnea

30-11-2004 20:27:26

[quotebb52401df7][quotebb52401df7]I don't have any ill will towards you or your site[/quotebb52401df7]

I know, I know. Me neither. Maybe I would if I could find your website but I just can't. Please PM it too me.

[quotebb52401df7]I won't post my address because that would be spamming[/quotebb52401df7]

I'm glad we have the same definition of what spamming is.[/quotebb52401df7]

We don't have the same definition of spamming. If we did, we wouldn't be having this discussion. You have posted your website address and you've posted the google search that brings up your site. They've been deleted by moderators. In fact, entire threads where you have self-promoted your site have been deleted by moderators.

[quotebb52401df7]But then, if I follow this definition, I have to disagree with this

[quotebb52401df7]how you can be so brash as to come here and spam your site 24 hours a day[/quotebb52401df7]

and more generally with the idea that I'm spamming. I don't post any URL here, and I don't tell people "PM me for a conga line that is almost as fantastic as Doylnea's". As matter of fact, if you check my recent post you'll see that I'm the one asking people to PM me their congas lol

Besides, if you'd checked my posts, you would have seen that I spent most of my time here either wondering what's wrong with Gratis, or helping others. I've done a fair deal of promotion for the new system we've set up lately on our site, but again, that was more to engage a discussion about the benefits of that new system over conga lines (and the debated did happen http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3546&highlight=[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3546&highlight=). And note again that only once I had to post the url= but it was in the specific context of demonstrating the stupidity of hemingway2's argument when he claimed he could call the system of trade at GL by its .comurl=http:// but it was in the specific context of demonstrating the stupidity of hemingway2's argument when he claimed he could call the system of trade at GL by its .comurl=http:///url name because it was a unique concept.[/quotebb52401df7]

Two comments here “to engage a discussion about the benefits of that new system over conga lines,” well yes, and you got to talk about your site, so that’s self-promotion, also known as spamming. And there was no reason in the context of that conversation (which was deleted because of it’s blatent self-promotive ways) to have posted your link. Your point could have just as easily have been made by typing www.whatever.com versus www.yoursitenamehere.com as you did.

Irrespective of what you write, most of your time is spent promoting your own site, or the idea behind it or that circles are better than congas. Some of the rules seem to discourage this behavior name appears near the top of your freesuperstuff, freesounddock, prizecube, freephotoipods, pvps4free, mp3players4free, and cameras4free congas/circles.
[quotebb52401df7][quotebb52401df7]1) No referral links at all. This any type of referral link for any site, posted anywhere, INCLUDING YOR SIGNATURE, or sent via email or PM. This is a zero-tolerance policy--you WILL be banned. Spam your link elsewhere.
1a) [Updated 9/17/04] No conga links, or links to sites that are blatantly about getting yourself referrals. Links to related sites are permitted. The basic guideline here is this Do not post a link that, if clicked, could financially, referral-ly, or otherwise help you.
6) [Added 9/13/04] Do not post information, methods, programs, or encouragement for SPAM. SPAM is defined as mass-posting, transmitting unwanted/unrequested messages to third parties, or otherwise being an annoying ass. [/quotebb52401df7][/quotebb52401df7]

This is not to say that my name isn't on my Congas, it is, but you'll find that my name, or any of the other moderators names has not appeared on the top of any of the Congas, since the early Gratis ones or mp3players. The people who start the Congas are members of my site who have contributed to the site by completing offers for other users.

I’ve typed myself out, and if we’d been debating, I’d be hoarse now. Good luck with your site. Maybe we can work together for our members in the future - and I am being sincere. PM me if you're interested in discussing it further.

l0th

01-12-2004 12:15:27

as I said before, I don't really have time to debate, so I'll just pick a few things, randomly, to try and suggest how slim the basis of everything you write is.

[quoted9332955c0]1) No referral links at all. This any type of referral link for any site, posted anywhere, INCLUDING YOR SIGNATURE, or sent via email or PM. This is a zero-tolerance policy--you WILL be banned. Spam your link elsewhere.[/quoted9332955c0]

You claim I broke that rule repeatedly, and I must assume you just can't read or don't know what a referral link is. I never posted nor PMed any referral link anywhere or to anyone here, I never had one in my signature. I might have PMed links to conga lines, but this rule doesn't say anything about this.

I could deny breaking the other rules as easily, but as I said, busy, busy, busy. lol

[quoted9332955c0]You have posted your website address and you've posted the google search that brings up your site.[/quoted9332955c0]

As I already said, I posted the URL once, and I guess you're right about this, I shouldn't have done that. I should have used the whatever.com answer, as I did in other circumstances.

As for telling people to use google, I don't know what's wrong with that, and I'd like to see a rule against this. When people ask what conga circles are, I prefer to tell them to use google rather than send them to some lines where they could get stuck. By the way, if you don't like the concept of conga circles and prefer conga lines, that's fine with me I'll advise people to google "conga lines", they'll get very interesting results too lol lol lol

[quoted9332955c0]They've been deleted by moderators. In fact, entire threads where you have self-promoted your site have been deleted by moderators.[/quoted9332955c0]

I think you're referring to the debate I had with hemingway2. I believe this thread's been deleted because of the way hemingway2 was promoting the trading system at GL. The reason why I believe this, is because the mods have asked him not to talk about this trade system anymore (you'll find that out if you search his posts) while [bd9332955c0]I've never received a single PM from mods asking me to refrain from doing anything I've done here[/bd9332955c0]. Ever. Period.

[quoted9332955c0]that’s self-promotion, also known as spamming[/quoted9332955c0]

now we disagree. I like that. lol
self-promotion is not the same as spamming. You do self-promotion here too, I don't see anything wrong with that.

[quoted9332955c0]Irrespective of what you write, most of your time is spent promoting your own site, or the idea behind it or that circles are better than congas.[/quoted9332955c0]

As I said, I don't see the problem with self-promoting when you've got something good to promote. We thought the idea we had deserved to be promoted, and since you can only find this new system on our website, promoting the idea entailed indirectly promoting the website (although, I repeat, the URL was posted only once and in a different context). And yes, I'll say it again circles are better than lines. (and not better than congas, circles are still congas but that's a different story).

[quoted9332955c0]Some of the rules seem to discourage this behavior name appears near the top of your freesuperstuff, freesounddock, prizecube, freephotoipods, pvps4free, mp3players4free, and cameras4free congas/circles. [/quoted9332955c0]

I'm sorry but you just don't make sense here. If you want to try to reformulate that, I'll be glad to try and answer.

[quoted9332955c0]This is not to say that my name isn't on my Congas, it is, but you'll find that my name, or any of the other moderators names has not appeared on the top of any of the Congas, since the early Gratis ones or mp3players.[/quoted9332955c0]

I said that in another post, but I'll say it again I had my name at the top or near the top for almost all the congas we had, and frankly, given the time I've spent organizing our website and helping others get free stuff, I think it's fair. I don't have a problem with this, and I don't think our members have a problem with it either. I'm willing to have a poll and ask our 345 members whether they feel this is fair or not. Now, if in your case there are mods doing all the job for you I think it's fair they're the ones at the top of the lines and not you. That's what we do to when an admin (yeah, I'm not like a king over there, we don't have mods. Only two categories people are members or they are admins with the same privileges I have) volunteers to supervise a conga, s/he starts it. Very fair it seems to me.

[quoted9332955c0]I’ve typed myself out, and if we’d been debating, I’d be hoarse now. Good luck with your site. Maybe we can work together for our members in the future - and I am being sincere. PM me if you're interested in discussing it further.[/quoted9332955c0]

hmm... I think you've edited this post since the first time I saw it. Too bad I had some pretty neat answers to your pointing how much money I had made running congas (or something like that, I can't remember exactly). But you erased that, as well as some other points, and replace it with this 'let's work together' thingy.

Now, about working together. Some time ago, when I was just started with congas, I've tried to get conga admins together to work on a system that would have helped to always redirect people who wanted to join a conga to the website where they could find the line that would benefit them most (that is, the shortest one). I had a couple ideas about how to do that at the time, but it turned out that all the other admins around this forum thought they didn't need any help, especially help from a noob like me. Well, I decided to move on, and I started thinking about a system that could correct some of the imperfections of the conga lines. Then I met an incredible programmer and the circles were born. Although they work even better than what we had expected, I'm sure there's still room for improvement and new ideas. Maybe something like a chain of circles across several websites maybe? I don't know, I'm just throwing new ideas in the air...

doylnea

01-12-2004 12:51:05

[quote1cb86f9f44="l0th"]a whole lot of blather which all leads to the point you promote your site here, which is against the rules because [b1cb86f9f44][i1cb86f9f44]you specifically[/i1cb86f9f44][/b1cb86f9f44] benefit from people who sign up for your congas with your name at the top. [/quote1cb86f9f44]

I'd be interested to see a poll of your 345 members and see if they would prefer to be at the top of your congas, as opposed to 10 people down. Knowing my experiences, and what I've seen elsewhere, you'll likely find that by golly, they'd prefer to be at the top. I don't think it's fair for the mods to be at the top of every conga. That's what I changed the structure of my site. If you've completed offers for other folks, you have the opportunity to start a Conga.

Being frank, if you think that running one of these Conga sites is alot of work, then
a) you need to learn to delegate or
b) you need to learn to ask for help from responsible people or
c) you've likely never had a job that actually requires real work (administering congas is not difficult in my opinion).

And yes I did edit the post to be less inflammatory. What I had written was something to the effect of, you've gotten somewhere near $2300 worth of goods either in hand or ordered and yet you're still asking your members to do other offers to "thank the admins?" That's just plain rude.

The "let's work together thingy" as you call it was always there not an edited addition. It was an offer of help. And if you remember I pm'd you about this originally and offered suggestions on how to administer your site and you responded that you might adopt them. And moreover, the last PM between you and I ended with me saying and I'm quoting here

[quote1cb86f9f44]you
I guess you're right and imply you don't really need to coordinate with us. I'm glad I started mine before the big ones like yours are going public.

me
well, I wasn't implying that, just pointing out that we could work together and have success. That said, I'd love for our Conga to take off, some of the folks lower on our Conga will never get to the top of the list, so if they can get in early on the new ones, they might get something out of a Conga. [/quote1cb86f9f44]
I never heard back from you about coordination and assumed you had moved on and thrown out the idea - it appears that you have.
good luck with your site.

l0th

01-12-2004 15:49:24

[quote0f50f53491]l0th wrote[quote0f50f53491]a whole lot of blather which all leads to the point you promote your site here, which is against the rules because you specifically benefit from people who sign up for your congas with your name at the top.[/quote0f50f53491][/quote0f50f53491]

where did I write that? I didn't even know what blather meant before I read it here... Now, if you misquote or worse invent quotes, the basis of everything you write is not slim as I thought before, it's simply erroneous.

[quote0f50f53491]I'd be interested to see a poll of your 345 members and see if they would prefer to be at the top of your congas, as opposed to 10 people down.[/quote0f50f53491]

Last poll we had, 86.2% wanted to be on circles rather than in lines. That's what we're doing now and probably like 90% are very happy with it.

[quote0f50f53491]Being frank, if you think that running one of these Conga sites is alot of work, then
a) you need to learn to delegate or
b) you need to learn to ask for help from responsible people or
c) you've likely never had a job that actually requires real work (administering congas is not difficult in my opinion). [/quote0f50f53491]

Well, it all depends on how popular the congas are, but then, how could you possibly know how it's like? Sometimes I wish I had congas that are easy to administer like yours, but then we wouldn't have the large community we have and our lounge would be flat dead 24/7. lol

[quote0f50f53491]What I had written was something to the effect of, you've gotten somewhere near $2300 worth of goods either in hand or ordered[/quote0f50f53491]

thanks for counting that for me, I hadn't done it, seriously. Now that I think about it, I believe you hyped it up a little, but it's okay. Also, I think that the fact you went over there, tracked every detail to calculate how much stuff I was getting (thanks again, really I hadn't counted) says a lot about how bitter you probably are about all this, counting your stuff, counting my stuff, counting his stuff. Buzz Lightyear to Woody

[quote0f50f53491]You are a sad strange little man...[/quote0f50f53491]

Should I remind you of one little detail here [b0f50f53491]this is [u0f50f53491]free[/u0f50f53491] stuff[/b0f50f53491]. that's also why I'm giving quite a bit of it as gifts for Christmas. You probably put yours in a safe in your bank. No?

But if you want to count $, here's the kind of count I like better and did sometime ago

[quote0f50f53491]As of today (Nov. 18 ) , since Oct. 22, we've helped

li 13 people all their referrals for mp3players4free
li 3 for pvps4free
li 2 for dvrs4free
li 8 for cameras4free
li 11 for freephotoipods.com
li 8 for prizecube

I just counted, that's about $15,000 of stuff for free in less than a month (and I don't even count bonus gifts and gifts from deals that we're not sure are legit yet).[/quote0f50f53491]

And that's not counting quite a few others since then. And believe it or not there definitely is a majority of "unique individuals'" (as they say at gratis lol ) among these people.

[quote0f50f53491]and yet you're still asking your members to do other offers to "thank the admins?" That's just plain rude.[/quote0f50f53491]

we decided to do that, because there were people who wanted to donate money and we weren't comfortable with that because (reminder for you again) this is about free stuff. So we offered a point based offer (freeistuff) as an alternative. Let me quote myself here

[quote0f50f53491]This way of donating is still conga-line-oriented and that's why I think it's perfect while donating to us you're making points for yourself to get something too.[/quote0f50f53491]

our last admin told people they could send him computer parts if they wanted to.

However, if you still say it's rude, I shall believe you cause you seem to be quite an expert lol

[quote0f50f53491]The "let's work together thingy" as you call it was always there not an edited addition.[/quote0f50f53491]

Sorry about that then, I just didn't see it the first time.

[quote0f50f53491]you
I guess you're right and imply you don't really need to coordinate with us. [/quote0f50f53491]

thanks for quoting that, I didn't keep that PM so I couldn't be sure you were among these people who thought they didn't need any help from someone like me. Now I know, and I'm glad you count among those who refused to coordinate.

[quote0f50f53491]That said, I'd love for our Conga to take off, some of the folks lower on our Conga will never get to the top of the list, so if they can get in early on the new ones, they might get something out of a Conga.[/quote0f50f53491]

I don't remember that PM but I believe you if you say you sent it. Since you're so generous with the people on your congas, may I ask where the people who are lower on these new congas are going to get their referrals from? Where is the conga they'll get something out of?

[quote0f50f53491]I never heard back from you about coordination and assumed you had moved on and thrown out the idea [/quote0f50f53491]

well yeah, I guess that if I read your answer I understood it as I understand it now "thanks but people who are far down on [b0f50f53491]our[/b0f50f53491] current congas will go in early on [b0f50f53491]our[/b0f50f53491] new congas". Doesn't sound to me like an invitation to coordinate. Or maybe it was just a typo and you meant to write "if they can get in early on the new ones [i0f50f53491]you're having[/i0f50f53491]" but I really don't think so...

Look, I enjoy discussing and debating in general, but I begin to think I'm loosing my time here if all I'm doing is help some embittered admin to deal with his post-congas moodswings.

rrromeo

01-12-2004 16:47:31

l0th you are a humongous nerd.

doylnea

01-12-2004 20:04:56

All right |0th, the very first quoted box is my summary of your 1000 words in the previous post, saving this thread from being any longer than it needs to be. Plus for someone who purports (that's another big word for you to look up) to be as clever and smart as you do, to not know what blather means is ridiculous.

Ask your members, I dare you, if they would prefer you or them to be first on the list...you will not be the winner. Claiming facts that 86% of them prefer congas to circles is not only off-point, but simply an attempt at misdirection. I never made any comments about the merits of congas versus circles.

My congas are easy to administer because I have another admin, who created the site with me, and 5 other moderators - not because my Congas are unpopular. The members who have been around my site for a while and have completed offers for other members are chosen to start new congas - thus they are getting referrals for other sites. If you could ever find my site again, you'd note that there has been a disclaimer on the bottom of the all of the initial Gratis posts that says in part

[quoted60aec3421]the moderators, owners, or administrators in no way guarantee, or assure you that you will be able to obtain all of the necessary referrals (from this site, or elsewhere (ie friends and family)) to obtain your free item. We created this website in order to facilitate people obtaining referrals. As a general statement of rules, for each person ahead of you in line, 5 more people must join the line in order for you to obtain your item. [/quoted60aec3421]

As you've said, and I've posted on my site, not everyone is going to get referrals from a Conga, but a person who completes offers for others may start a new Conga at my site - seems like a decent trade-off; I haven't heard of my members complaining about this process.

Again, for someone who purports themselves to be as intelligent or clever as you do and not be able to calculate the cost of 6 or 7 items in your head in a few seconds is kind of funny. If you want to get into totals of free gifts received or ordered you're going to lose, just based on the longevity of my site.

And finally, for you to suggest that I made up the PMs gets close to libel, and libel is not something you want to mess with over something as silly as free stuff from the internet. Just for posterity, here is the entire last PM, (with none of your clever editing to make your case look more solid)

[quoted60aec3421][quoted60aec3421][quoted60aec3421]
[quoted60aec3421]As you can see from my sig, I have had very good luck with all of these deals, and as a result have some good respect around the various ipod forums, so we should be able to pimp our Conga's well. [/quoted60aec3421]

I guess you're right and imply you don't really need to coordinate with us. I'm glad I started mine before the big ones like yours are going public. [/quoted60aec3421]

well, I wasn't implying that, just pointing out that we could work together and have success. That said, I'd love for our Conga to take off, some of the folks lower on our Conga will never get to the top of the list, so if they can get in early on the new ones, they might get something out of a Conga. [/quoted60aec3421]

[quoted60aec3421][quoted60aec3421]
[quoted60aec3421]The way we've always administered the Conga is that everyone gets 5 referrals, period. We let the featured link check to make sure that the email address shows up and then have that person email that address and make sure it's legit. After they get 5 we move on. You'll get bogged down if you let people come back up if one person skips out on them. We have always said Congas are a good place to start, but never guarantee sign-ups, if you do, you'll only cater to the initial people. [/quoted60aec3421]

thanks for the advice, I think we might adopt that policy too.[/quoted60aec3421]

it's the best way, we learned that after a lot of bitching from members.[/quoted60aec3421][/quoted60aec3421]

so I used "our" and "we could work together" - yeah sounds like I was inviting you to coordinate.

Good luck |0th. I hope your site continues to prosper, but I also hope that you stop spamming this site about your site.

l0th

02-12-2004 01:58:47

[quote3742a82f72]l0th you are a humongous nerd.[/quote3742a82f72]

Yes! lol

l0th

02-12-2004 02:00:53

doylnea,

I'm clearly wasting my time here now. But just one thing

[quote0e33921946]Plus for someone who purports (that's another big word for you to look up) to be as clever and smart as you do, to not know what blather means is ridiculous. [/quote0e33921946]

We can continue this discussion in my native language, abruti, and then we'll see how smart you look lol

And one last thing

[quote0e33921946]And finally, for you to suggest that I made up the PMs gets close to libel, and libel is not something you want to mess with over something as silly as free stuff from the internet.[/quote0e33921946]

First I said I believed you about the PMs and I think I would have been justified having doubts about them after you started your post with a quote from me that YOU wrote. Putting words in someone else's mouth to denigrate them is something really serious, I don't think anyone here would like that to happen to them. I don't mind though, I'd just like to point to what it says about your integrity.

bobo

02-12-2004 02:24:15

I completely agree with doylnea here. 10th is a master of "hidden advertisments". 10th, how many of your 345 members are from here? I would assume a good amount. Sure you didn't do all the spamming yourself but between you and your members there has been a LOT here. You have been VERY good about scraping the edge when it comes to the rules and kept yourself out of trouble and that is why I say you are great at advertisng.

When you say that high percentage of your members agreed upon the circles I take that as them NOT wanting you at top...otherwise they would have liked to stick with the lines. Of course the way you worked it out, you and the other admins are still at the "top" by the way you run the circles so it doesn't matter much for you. You and the other admins get your needed refs and the rest of them are spread thinly throughout the rest of the members, who are happy to get a couple refs but don't realize they will not get the rest of them from the circles considering the lottery effect it has created. The more people the less chances to get referrals.

I actually do commend you on trying to do something to change the way this stuff works but circles are not the answer. I say you take your excellent advertsing skills and create some kind of marketing company that can work with all the conga owners and create one large system to advertise peoples links to the "outside" world. If anyone can do it I think you can.

I do have respect for you regardless of what you may think my "attacks" say, but I also dispise the way you sneak by the rules and act like you don't or haven't spammed here worse than most. Like I said, if someone stopped and took a look at your member-base I assume a good amount of nicknames would match up to here...and you can't say they all just "found" you on google.

I am also all typed out and that is why I didn't reply to that last thread. WAY too much to respond to and it tired me to even read, not alone reply lol. I am glad that I am not the only one who saw through it all ;).

l0th

02-12-2004 18:26:40

yeah you're right, we write far too much here so I'll try to make it short.

I think I really don't understand what spamming means then. I apologized for the one time I posted an URL in a specific context, and I recognize I shouldn't have. But then, I've never sent an unsollicited PM advertising our website to anyone. And I don't think, although I can't be 100%, that other people on this board did. doylnea has edited and removed a passage where I quote my board in a post where I asked people to advertise. Of course, he had omitted the passage where I said [quoteb464377201]if you have ideas for advertising, please go ahead as long as you don't spam and don't break any rules where you advertise.[/quoteb464377201]

about admins being at the 'top of circles', I think one example will be enough we started a new circle for a new deal today. It's 10 referrals needed and the only person who's completed so far is NOT an admin. Well, a second example then. We started yet another circle today for a new deal with 4 refs needed. On this one 4 people completed today, only one being an admin (not me).

[quoteb464377201]who are happy to get a couple refs but don't realize they will not get the rest of them from the circles[/quoteb464377201]

again, this is the same as on lines and I acknowledge that not everyone will be completed. The difference being that more people will get at least one referral. The idea behind it is that, given that not everyone will be completed anyway, let's try to give referrals to as many people as possible, while trying not to penalize those who just joined. We're not a public service, we don't have the duty to give everyone their referrals, when not even the companies who offer the free gifts guarantee that they will send you anything if you complete your requirements. And, again, one referral is better than nothing. I'm sure you know there are place around where you can pay $7.50 to get a referral. Well we prefer people not to pay and to get a chance. Some of them will be very lucky and complete, others won't. I think that's clear to most people who understand how our system work.

And again, I've never claimed we would be defeating the pyramid scheme, everyone knows that's just impossible. What we propose is a different approach instead of concentrating the wealth of referrals in a few hands, we're trying to spread it to as many people as possible. There probably are other ways of doing this, but using weighted randomness seemed to us like the best way to go about it. And you're right, it gives a lottery aspect to it that's actually very appealing. But you have to make your conga appealing one way or another. Ours had just become too big to remain appealing solely thanks to all the time and efforts we spent to keep them updated at all times. The conga circle imposed itself as a solution to keep our congas appealing [bb464377201]while not letting down the people who were in line and had helped us[/bb464377201] (and by us, I mean all the completed people, not the admin). This last thing was very important to us and I think we're doing now a pretty good job getting them something.

damn' this is still too long...

danetix

02-12-2004 23:21:35

oh my god these posts are so long...lets just lock this thread while we're ahead...

doylnea

07-12-2004 08:01:00

I just happened to stop back here and see that you're still defending yourself - "cleverly" disguising the shameless self-promotion of your site, as defending yourself, I should say.

[quote066e5ce8ba]I think I really don't understand what spamming means then. I apologized for the one time I posted an URL in a specific context, and I recognize I shouldn't have.[/quote066e5ce8ba]

You don't understand what spamming means, that's why this discussion has gone on for so long. I don't give a rats ass about you posting your url in a conversation one time - while it was egregiously unnecessary, it's not nearly as repugnant as you continuing to whore the merits of your site by continuing to post here "defending" your self-promotive posting proclivity and your site.

FreeOffersNow

07-12-2004 09:07:30

/me has a headache now, and decides to let l0th handle it...he seems to be doing quite well

magik

07-12-2004 17:57:19

shut up already, both of you, who cares?! just stop trying to save face, you're both embarrassing yourselves, move on! lol

l0th

08-12-2004 01:22:26

[quote0b27ef7ee0]shut up already, both of you, who cares?! just stop trying to save face, you're both embarrassing yourselves, move on![/quote0b27ef7ee0]

first, I don't know that freeoffersnow guy, but he seems to have a pattern of posting useless replies everywhere, and I'm sorry he did that here too.

second, if the thread annoys you, don't reply to it, you'll just bump it and increase the chance of another freeoffersnow replying for absolutely no reason.

Now it's possible that you've been misled by the title of the thread and thought at first it was of a great interest to you, only to be disappointed afterwards when you saw it was about free stuff lol

If that's what happened, I'm sorry the admins rightfully changed the title because it contained a URL to a scam.

Now, this should be my last answer to this thread, hoping that people who don't have anything interesting to add will just let it die.