If you get on hold, you can never do another freepay site??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35955

Cow-Tipper

24-03-2006 12:24:22

I have come to understand that if you are put on hold all future and past accounts are put on hold, even ones that have been processing since 11/28. All future ones are also put on hold. Am i correct in this assumtion? If so, it doesnt seem like very good marketing to me.

I Throw

24-03-2006 12:30:41

cheaters don't deserve any prizes

Cow-Tipper

24-03-2006 12:32:16

im not a cheater, before you assume, make sure your assumptions are correct, i ahve gotten 2 things from freepay all legit. The 360 and giftcards are also legit.

CollidgeGraduit

24-03-2006 12:45:15

Have you PM'ed Jake about it? He's really lenient about taking people off hold. If you're still on hold, I'd bet dollars to donuts you cheated.

Jake

24-03-2006 12:48:45

[quotef113cd0b88="Freepay Terms and Conditions"]

Section II

(h) Any user who has his or her account placed on hold may not create another account on any of the Gratis Internet websites. All parties residing at the same physical address as a user on hold will be affected by this mandate and thus, may be placed on hold indefinitely.

Section V

Subsection 2

(c) If an account on any Gratis Internet website is placed on hold, all other accounts across all Gratis Internet websites created by that individual may be placed on hold as well. Moreover, all orders from any account created or connected to this individual may be frozen and the user will be unable to order from any of the Gratis Internet websites.
[/quotef113cd0b88]

Cow-Tipper

24-03-2006 12:52:47

yea, as you can see i have pmed jake and even expalined what i think has happened. I can explain 2 out of the 4 they say are my accounts but the other 2 can be from someone that made an account from my wi-fi (i leave it open becasue thats what i beleive it should be like) or someone used my address. Jake doesnt seem to understand. I just want to make sure that if i make another account for a laptops would i get put on hold, which looks like i would. Having my giftcards account on hold bothers me but not as much as my 360 account, which i would have in my hands if they would have shipped out when they first said they would, or offered giftcards. The accounts were made sometime after janurary becasue i got my nintnedo ds without any problems in janurary

i blame history

24-03-2006 13:03:54

well, wireless internet is commonly said to be fairly risky to use for these sites because this can happen. its a common fear, and i bet if you look around on here, man people have discussed the risk involved in using shared/potentially shared internet connections, such as wireless at home, or on college campuses.

Cykaos

24-03-2006 18:48:41

[quote896e069796="Cow-Tipper"]yea, as you can see i have pmed jake and even expalined what i think has happened. I can explain 2 out of the 4 they say are my accounts...[/quote896e069796]

So you created 2 duplicate accounts and they claim you have 4? Well even 2 duplicate accounts is against TOS. The posibility of someone using your wifi to sign up for a gratis site without you knowing is very slim. Are these duplicate accounts signed up under you or just signed up for something else? If they are under you that's less probable that you didn't have something to do with it. Gratis is popular but no one I know has even heard of them. What you are saying, that some random person drove up and parked in front of your hous or some neighbor used your connection to sign up for several gratis sites, is possible but not even close to probable.

Also why would someone use your open wifi or put in your address? There are plenty of places with free or cheap internet, and if they wanted a product they would put their own address in.

Also the way you seem like you don't really care about being put on hold except now you can't get your other stuff makes everything seem a little fishy.

I am not saying you are making up stuff or trying to pull a scam. I am just saying that if I was gratis I probably wouldn't take you off hold either. I don't know all the specifics though.

Cow-Tipper

24-03-2006 22:02:55

No, the second account was a friend and i was showing him and he ended up signing up from my pc without me knowing but it wasnt a giftcards nor a 360 account. The other two, i live on a populated street with a wi-fi called FON, great idea do a search on google for it. Anyway, it requires me to leave my access open and anyone can use it for i think the first 24 hours or so for free.

mpbollywoodking

25-03-2006 05:54:00

than that is what skrewed you over, when you had ur friend sign up at your location.

But, if YOU make muliple accounts, it's ok, as long as you don't complete an offer or get referrals on them, because you can only use one. IF I'M WRONG, PLZ CORRECT ME ON THIS. Because when i do a trade, and i don't show you my trader's list (which often happen), i sign up again and forget about the previously made account.

jinhamasaki

25-03-2006 07:29:35

[quote4b0523a8ca="Cow-Tipper"]yea, as you can see i have pmed jake and even expalined what i think has happened. I can explain 2 out of the 4 they say are my accounts but the other 2 can be from someone that made an account from my wi-fi (i leave it open becasue thats what i beleive it should be like) or someone used my address. Jake doesnt seem to understand. I just want to make sure that if i make another account for a laptops would i get put on hold, which looks like i would. Having my giftcards account on hold bothers me but not as much as my 360 account, which i would have in my hands if they would have shipped out when they first said they would, or offered giftcards. The accounts were made sometime after janurary becasue i got my nintnedo ds without any problems in janurary[/quote4b0523a8ca]

I had the same issue, but when I rechecked everything, I was pretty sure my friend made an account on her own network (she's the next condo above). Now, freepay says that because she signed on and did an offer after I sent for approval ona nother site, they think that i walked her through...which I replied by telling them that there is no relation between that, because I sent my link via IM.

Now they are jsut giving generic responses, such as my password was given out, etc. shock

Cow-Tipper

25-03-2006 07:55:49

you are technically not allowed to make multiple accounts even though they do not have any offers/referrals done.

YEa, not im getting generic responses and stuff and it is really making me mad.

BD2006BD

25-03-2006 09:02:43

Ok this is really gay. I signed up at psps.freepay.com. I Get all my refs. I get put on hold and so is my friend who signed up under me. They think that we are the same person. We signed up from 2 different locations, definately not the same internet. I guess what screwed us over is when we checked our status at school. We had both logged onto different school computers at one time to check our status. I had no idea that this was against the rules. I PM jake and he doesn't get it. Says stuff about fraud and how they can't afford to be leneant on giving out ipods/psps.

mpbollywoodking

25-03-2006 09:59:19

checking your account at different schools are fine. They must have evidence of fraud by you. Send in a support ticket to them and see what happened.

BD2006BD

25-03-2006 11:30:12

we go to the same school, different computer classes. It is still retarted how this can happen. They will not send you your free stuff for the littlest problem that they can find. Fucking freepay.

Drummer16161616

25-03-2006 11:35:09

I don't think they check ip's for just logging in.

Cow-Tipper

25-03-2006 11:46:44

yea, bassically i just earned them $700 for free. Pisses me off but it looks like i cannot do anything about it

mpbollywoodking

25-03-2006 14:24:38

where on the site will it say that your account is on hold?

Cow-Tipper

25-03-2006 14:25:33

under the status part

jinhamasaki

26-03-2006 06:47:41

Actually, I can't even see if I'm on hold until I finish all the requirements on this new system.