GAH! Not approved because of "not unique" referral

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3581

ah6tyfour

28-11-2004 00:15:33

i finally got word of approval (after over 2 weeks of waiting for approval)...but i wanst approved...they deemed two of my referrals "not unique" lirolls eyesli

apparently jlu503 and joogla both with the same email company seems too similar for them to be unique....

how do i go about contesting this? Is it even worth contesting? or should I just find 2 more people?

SoBeIcedT

29-11-2004 11:16:39

click on the FAQ link, send them a message and explain everything the best that you can. do make yourself look good, and be polite. It worked for me.

mushybubbler

29-11-2004 17:10:13

fucking gay.

They just put my friends account on hold to & took away 6 of his referrals, all of which were legit.

fuck you gratis. Offercentric all the way.

kpfeif

29-11-2004 18:13:34

I, too, was placed on hold shortly after requesting approval. I'm not sure why - everything is completely legit - no shortcuts or anything.

I logged a customer service entry, and I may write them, as well.

Don't fly off the handle at them until you've made your case.

Kris

SoBeIcedT

29-11-2004 19:57:24

in the beginning we all knew that this was way too good to be true. I still like to think of it that way. So when it is true I can flip out and be happy as hell.

ah6tyfour

29-11-2004 22:59:16

[quote93c2f7232c]
I had two referrals that were marked as "not unique" during the verification process. One, jlu5xx@xxxxx is my cousin who signed up either in Fresno, CA or Hacienda Heights, CA. joogxx@xxxxx is a friend of mine in Alhambra, CA. I hope your IP logs will show that they signed up in very different parts of California. I live in LA but I am currently at school in Berkeley, CA so how can those two accounts not be unique? I understand that thse two accounts kind of look alike and are both from [email server], but I assure you that they are not the same person and your IP logs should show that those two being the same person is impossible because they are at least 300 miles apart from each other. I really hope I can get them to count as referrals so I can get the TV that I legitimately earned. I know people make up accounts and try to cheat the system, but I have not done that. I have done freeipods and received my iPod so I know what the rules are. Just like with the iPods, I did everything by the book and I believe that I should not be penalized just because two of my referrals have similar e-mail addresses (which really are not that similar). Thanks and I hope you will consider my explanation.
[/quote93c2f7232c]

I sent that to them on 11/27....lets see what they say....i REALLY hope they understand and approve me.

ah6tyfour

01-12-2004 18:26:03

[quotea4a10d2e96]
On 12/1/2004 45838 PM customer service wrote
Your account is not on hold. However, your referrals accounts will remain on hold. For properitary reasons we will not disclose the specific reasons why we place accounts on hold.
[/quotea4a10d2e96]

That's what I got after two rounds of messages. I had my denied referrals send gratis messages too prior to the note Gratis left me. So what does this mean?

kpfeif

01-12-2004 21:20:29

Well, I've been taken off hold, and my eight referrals are still "green," as they should be.

The email from customer service says that they don't allow multiple accounts, etc., yet I don't believe any of them have multiple accounts (at least they all say they don't).

Since I have all eight, should I therefore ask for approval again, or will I get caught in this cycle over and over?

EtherealStrife

13-12-2004 19:30:48

Try for a couple extra referrals and then go for it. I noticed when I went for my 20gb ipod and my sony wega (I love you both!!!! D ) that the ipod (which had 7 completed referrals and 6 yellows) got not crap at all from customer service, and the wega (which had 8 green and 1 yellow) took me three attempted submissions before it finally went through (I was on hold for a total of 7 weeks, between the two holds I was on / off).
They tend to think you're not legit if you have liexactlyli the correct number, and have low (or no) yellows.
The third attempt I had 8 greens and 6 yellows (2 of which had completed the offers and were awaiting verification of offer completion) and that went through...

DO NOT try and submit without doing something to "look more legit". They can and will put your account on hold again. It's annoying since you lihaveli completed the # they wanted you to, but trust me it's not worth the (highly probable) re-holding of your account.

I hope I've helped. )

ah6tyfour

16-12-2004 12:13:57

wow...after contacting them again, they reinstated my two referrals that were deemed "not unique" after i had the two referrals contact Gratis...

account is now in for approval...lets see if Gratis' new, improved, streamlined ipod process applies to FFS too (although FFS always was faster than FIP)...