What's the deal with MusicNow

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35597

3oz

20-03-2006 10:59:11

So I've been going through the whole pending approval -> proccessing -> pending approval -> back order hassel. I recently PM'd Jake about whether I needed to get more referrals and this is what he said
[quote52e29c79a2]If you wish, you can try and get more referrals to make up for the ones that did Music Now.

Get at least 2[/quote52e29c79a2]

What does 'If I wish' mean? I thought I was done, I had 7 greens before all this started. I'm seriously getting very frustrated.

fashionjunkee

20-03-2006 11:44:43

Well I dont know exactly what it means. Obviously there was a problem with MusicNow paying Freepay. I'm in the same boat. Look at my siggy to see how long I have been processing / . Jake hasn't PMed me back yet though.

jy3

20-03-2006 11:49:01

well an alternative would be to wait however long u have to wait until musicnow/aol say you can sign up again and do it on another site that still allows music now. it sux that your referrals cant fix it. it seems that people signed up, did the offer like they were supposed to, and something got messed up. not sure what it is... cant they just do another offer and u keep your greens?

RoBsTaMaCk

20-03-2006 12:49:26

I want an affirmative answer to this situation as well. If they're suddenly revoking credit for everyone who did the offer, just let us know so we can get more referrals. I'd rather find out now so that if I do need to get more referrals I can get them now before I get pushed any further to the back of the line.

fashionjunkee

20-03-2006 13:22:00

I want to know why its taken so long for this to come about! Look how long I've been processing! This is so freaking unfair. I did everything I was supposed to on my behalf. I am not a rep at AOL/Music Now so I have no control over whats going on over there. I think I have been very patient with Freepay!!!! Look how long I have been dealing with this "processing" issue. This is my first freebie and already its been a horrible experience. First they didnt have any iPods, then they rollout a new policy now this! I am really pissed!!

Cykaos

20-03-2006 21:22:24

I was on backorderd and PM'd Jake and he said several of my referrals did musicnow. I have 13 greens though (only need 8 ) so I asked him if at least 8 of them had not done musicnow and there were at least 8 (probably more) so he changed my status to processing.

If you are processing you don't have issues with musicnow... The only people who have musicnow problems are on "backordered"

egyptianruin

20-03-2006 21:26:21

I just noticed something kinda odd. Supposedly two of my referrals were "not approved" and Jake said it was because they did the offer in question. However one of my refs sthat were DQ'd up with an AOL email - how is this possible? I wonder if this could be contributing to the problem.

3oz

21-03-2006 12:32:46

So I sent Customer Service Inquiry through freeipods.com explaining the situation and here's the answer I got.

[quote902edc24fa]Thank you for contacting us. We have forwarded this inquiry to our fulfillment department already. They will expedite the order for you. Hopefully you will receive the order soon. Please be patient. We are sorry for this inconvenience.[/quote902edc24fa]

I hope this means I'll actually get my ipod now!

fashionjunkee

21-03-2006 12:46:22

How do i know how many greens I had? That portion of my account isnt viewable any more...

stagim

28-03-2006 07:52:39

Jake, any update on this, I have been backordered for months now.

coolbreeze06

28-03-2006 11:52:39

[quote605e9d36b5="RoBsTaMaCk"]I want an affirmative answer to this situation as well. If they're suddenly revoking credit for everyone who did the offer, just let us know so we can get more referrals. I'd rather find out now so that if I do need to get more referrals I can get them now before I get pushed any further to the back of the line.[/quote605e9d36b5]

I totally agree!!!! They need to let us know what is going on yesterday...If they expect us to "meet the requirements" by 5/30/06!!!!

3oz

28-03-2006 12:22:33

My status has now been changed backed to processing. Hopefully I'll get mine when the next batch ships.

special k

28-03-2006 12:55:08

Does this aol music now offer effect other sites such as Trainn so should I stay away from it on that site?

3oz

03-04-2006 14:22:53

I recieved my iPod last Friday. It took forever, but better late than never.