for those that have gotten giftcards (Select merchants q)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34968

nytrate

10-03-2006 07:38:15

I'm deciding where to redeem my supercertificate but am having problems finding some answers.

First off I notice Best Buy and Circuit City are listed as "select" merchants. It says that I would pay a fee to get cards from these stores. How much is that fee? The giftcards.com site does not seem to state that.

Also, are certicates "stackable" at Best Buy? Can I use a few giftcards for one purchase? I remember hearing that there is no charge for $50 GC and was wondering if this was true.

thanks

CollidgeGraduit

10-03-2006 07:39:54

I didn't have to pay a fee to get Best Buy cards, and I cashed out my entire SuperCert at Best Buy.

They are indeed stackable. I've used 2 at a time, and other people have said they've seen people use up to 10-15.

nytrate

10-03-2006 07:41:07

so I can get them in $100 denominations and not be charged a fee?

thanks

tramahound

10-03-2006 08:47:38

I got two $100 ones from best buy. I didn't have a service fee on my account either.
You can get gift cards combined at any best buy register too. I had a bunch from xmas and my bday where I didn't even know how much was even on each card and they just scanned them and put them together on one card. it shouldn't matter for ringing up purposes, but it's still nice to cut down on the cards.

CollidgeGraduit

10-03-2006 09:12:52

Yup, I cashed mine out in $100 increments. I'm taking that, plus the money I got from selling my original Xbox, and buying a 360 (once Best Buy gets some in stock). I'll just sell my Freepay one when it comes.

tramahound

10-03-2006 09:18:55

I'm also one of the 'waiting for best buy to get 360' masses. a few weeks ago a friend called me from best buy saying they had them in even premiums. by the time i got there they were gone. only had core which I didn't want to settle for. I didn't have enough giftcard money to cover it anyway. Once I get the $200 from giftcards I will though.

CollidgeGraduit

10-03-2006 09:30:46

There are 3 Best Buy stores close enough for me to leave work (early lunch hour) to get right at 10. They haven't had any near me since early last week, and I only got my giftcards on Monday.