wtf? my account is being held after i request for approval

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34089

deathmeatalprom

28-02-2006 07:57:39

i went to ipodshuffle.freepay.com and i racked up enough referrals. then 2 of my referral accoutns got held because they used my computer to sign up. fine i can deal with that, i f'ed up. i then got 2 more referrals from here to sign up, they went green. now i have all the requirements and sent in my request for an order. 3 days later freepay tells me MY account is now on hold.

can someone help me, what do i do?

GiftOrb

28-02-2006 08:06:37

I think all accounts that signed up using ur computer got put on hold, because they only allow 1 account per IP/Household. Just PM Jake, the freepay representative, and explain to him nicely. Maybe he will fix it for you =]

JPeeper

28-02-2006 16:11:30

You are pretty much screwed, you will only get autoreplies, im sorry my friend, same happened to me, one ref went bad, although all unique and I am on hold. ( Maybe they need some profit? Dunno but we are both fudged. (

Crynos

28-02-2006 16:16:44

[quoteb558e81836="JPeeper"]You are pretty much screwed, you will only get autoreplies, im sorry my friend, same happened to me, one ref went bad, although all unique and I am on hold. ( Maybe they need some profit? Dunno but we are both fudged. ([/quoteb558e81836]Why is it their fault? He broke their terms, they have every right to put him on hold

deathmeatalprom

28-02-2006 16:18:14

i know, it isn't fair. if the terms were much more clearer on what we can and cannot do, then fine. i can understand why hold the other accounts that were made on my computer (which btw, those accounts dont have the same address as mine). but when i make up for those referrals with other accounts, accounts that are even more 'legal' to their terms, it still doesn't count? why would a scammer go out of their way to find legit referrals then??

deathmeatalprom

28-02-2006 16:27:50

[quotead0d80be4d="Crynos"][quotead0d80be4d="JPeeper"]You are pretty much screwed, you will only get autoreplies, im sorry my friend, same happened to me, one ref went bad, although all unique and I am on hold. ( Maybe they need some profit? Dunno but we are both fudged. ([/quotead0d80be4d]Why is it their fault? He broke their terms, they have every right to put him on hold[/quotead0d80be4d]

but what about when i make up for those referrals? youre telling me i should be pushed aside even though i made up for my mistake, which i didnt realize was my mistake b/c it wasnt clear in the terms?? that makes no sense. i hate having my time and effort to be wasted for nothing. i gave them viable referrals and i got nothing. i'm just so annoyed that if they just held my account from the beginning and not just my referrals. basically wasting my time thinking i can make up for the held ones, having the more legit ones complete their offers, request for approval (a third time!) and then when i have all 'legit' referrals now, they hold mine?? thats just poor ethics, i think

thehacker010

28-02-2006 18:30:32

The reason they put people on hold for using the same computer is because, most often than not, the referrals were being walked through. The TOS clearly says that anyone believed to have walked someone through the process can be put on hold.

The best thing to do is play it safe and don't use the same computer. Something that even looks like possible fraud/walkthrough can put you on hold.

deathmeatalprom

28-02-2006 18:35:56

[quoteb28bf00596="thehacker010"]The reason they put people on hold for using the same computer is because, most often than not, the referrals were being walked through. The TOS clearly says that anyone believed to have walked someone through the process can be put on hold.

The best thing to do is play it safe and don't use the same computer. Something that even looks like possible fraud/walkthrough can put you on hold.[/quoteb28bf00596]

but the terms never state that the same computer or ip can be used. i can understand that some referrals are walked through, but guess what, this WHOLE forum is a walkthrough. its even in the banner "freeipod[bb28bf00596]GUIDE[/bb28bf00596]". wouldn't that mean everyone on here is being guided or walked through then?

mpbollywoodking

28-02-2006 18:51:32

no, walkthrough meaning on your referral's back while having them sign up

deathmeatalprom

28-02-2006 20:55:42

[quote4eaf1ef511="mpbollywoodking"]no, walkthrough meaning on your referral's back while having them sign up[/quote4eaf1ef511]

hmm, well the terms dont say whether physically, virtually or otherwise. regardless, i made up for those accounts by getting 'legit' referrals to replace them.

what i'm trying to say is the terms aren't very clear. jake & co. seem to only cater to the users to this forum and anyone who isn't aware to this forum is left out high and dry. "if youre a newb, youre gonna get screwed. go to forum.freeipodguide.com if you dont want to get ownd" is what should be in the terms.

Jake

01-03-2006 08:18:57

[quotec914470c34="deathmeatalprom"]
but the terms never state that the same computer or ip can be used[/quotec914470c34]

Thats because that is not the case. We don't put accounts on hold simply for having the same IP.

Jake

01-03-2006 08:20:48

[quote480251d9d3="deathmeatalprom"]
what i'm trying to say is the terms aren't very clear. jake & co. seem to only cater to the users to this forum and anyone who isn't aware to this forum is left out high and dry. [/quote480251d9d3]

Bold statement and patently untrue.

We take care of everyone as best as we can. Minding the forum is a way to cater to part of our customer base.

The terms are clear. They tell you what you can and cannot do. If you can't figure them out, then I don't know what to tell you.

deathmeatalprom

01-03-2006 09:37:13

[quoteebff41aded="Jake"]
We take care of everyone as best as we can. Minding the forum is a way to cater to part of our customer base.[/quoteebff41aded]

i am trying my best to act in the best manner a customer can in this situation. all i ask is to have it in return. i have shown that i am clear of these allegations. if a customer who has shown why he or she is wrong only to redeem themselves, shouldn't the business then return the act? isn't that what customer service is about? would a person who isn't acting their sincerest would beg and plead so much? all i am saying is i held my part of the deal, it may seem that i have broken the terms, but i have provided evidence, corroboration and reason to Jake (which he has asked for, and said if provided he will turn the hold off my account) and in return i get my plea turned down. why even provide customer service then? why lead me on to believe that my case can be proven right when i will get turned away?