on hold!!!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooooooooo

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33623

nytrate

22-02-2006 07:05:23

What gives? This whole freebie thing is becoming a total nightmare for me.

First I have to literally beg for credit for an offer I did

Now I'm on hold?!?!? Whaaaaat

one of my refs didn't get approved. I didn't know that it puts ME on hold!

how can I get off? how can I prove everything is legit?

nytrate

22-02-2006 07:13:07

I think the thing that gets me is all the money my referral spent on his offer. I feel terrible for him not to mention me not being approved.

he'll never trust me again with this freebie crap. now he has a subscription to blockbuster and no credit for it.

he kept trying to tell me it was all bs and I'd never get an I-Pod but he signed up anyways after persistance. Now, all I'm gonna hear is how he was right and how theres no free lunch blah blah blah.

nytrate

22-02-2006 07:19:18

just got off the phone with him

he wants to call blockbuster and demand his $10 back, LOL

he told me he was going to call BBuster and tell them he was scammed into subscribing, I told him not to. I told him to wait awhile until freepay responded to me.

This stuff is usually fixed right? I don't want him to do anything rash that makes my hold permanent...

worst part about this is all the "I told ya so" I'm gonna hear. All of my friends and family called BS on this whole freeipod thing and I really really hope they aren't proved right. I soooo wanted to show them all the I-Pod with joy.

Anyone else have any on-hold experiences? did you get taken off? should I call Gratis? Have him call Gratis? I have the phone #

Akademikz

22-02-2006 07:37:41

Well, if you got put on hold it was for a good reason. [b55135bf617]Usually[/b55135bf617], FreePay won't put you on hold if they don't have evidence of something that is against their Terms of Service. So if you haven't read them (which you should have) go and read them and make sure you followed EVERYTHING perfectly or else the hold is justified, no? And if you believe it isn't justified then send Jake a PM directly and see if he can assit you with it, or perhaps a support ticket on the website. People need to stop making user-specific threads whining about their problems; it's getting rather annoying.

manOFice

22-02-2006 07:39:02

wow...tell your friend to calm down, just go into the brag bag and it proves this is legit...plus i've recieved numerous gifts!! A person is really crazy in the head if they think this stuff isn't legit. Now if he got put on hold, there is a reason for it, have your friend send in a support ticket to find out.

nytrate

22-02-2006 07:39:30

getting rather annoying? from someone who has 23 posts huh?

you talk like you're a moderator or something. 2nd threadcrap i've seen from you today.

and I just sent in a support ticket cause I'M on hold for him turning grey.

I've read the TOS and yes I am 100% legit. Academiks you suck bad. real bad.

as for my friends temper, yea I told him to cool it for a couple days. Kid is an aggressive law student with a short fuse LOL. Also, he has an uncle that works fairly high-up at blockbuster corporate. I don't want him to do anything stupid that screws me out of my ipod. I can totally see him flipping out over this.

we'll see I guess

Akademikz

22-02-2006 07:47:13

[quote3682ec9d73="nytrate"]getting rather annoying? from someone who has 23 posts huh?

you talk like you're a moderator or something. 2nd threadcrap i've seen from you today.

and I just sent in a support ticket cause I'M on hold or him turning grey.

I've read the TOS and yes I am 100% legit. Academiks you suck bad. real bad.[/quote3682ec9d73]

Someone who has 23 posts but has been around in the [i3682ec9d73]freebie scene[/i3682ec9d73] since it took off 2 years ago with FreeiPods.com and Gratis at the time.

Talking like a moderator? That's not the issue here.. the fact of the matter is that user specific threads are stupid for a number of reasons. First off, nobody cares about listening to [b3682ec9d73]your[/b3682ec9d73] problems, why would they? If you're posting it to get the attention of an individual who works for the company (Jake in this case) then send him a PM explaining the issue. Oh wait, here's a better idea... use the support ticket system that FreePay has implemented because you [b3682ec9d73]will[/b3682ec9d73] get a response.

If you have read the Terms of Service and believe you're "100% legit," well... clearly you're not. FreePay wouldn't randomly select you to turn your referrals grey and then place you on hold for absolutely no reason or without some kind of evidence.

In the past I've had the same things happen to me, but do you see me posting user-specific threads whining about my problems? No. And not only myself but probably a few hundred users on the forum, but they not only use the ticket system but also maybe sending a PM to Jake. It sucks, I know that trust me.. Gratis put me on hold back over a year ago after completely FreeDesktopPCs.com and getting all 10 referrals and then once the 10th went green I was put on hold, there was obviously a reason behind it and it was worked out.

I suck bad? Well, at least I can refrain from whining about my issues on a public discussion forum. Keep your comments to yourself in the future, it would be a better idea ;)

nytrate

22-02-2006 07:51:11

no, you still suck for threadcrapping. This whole Freepay board is filled with people's problems.

and as for the support tickets? hah! I wasn't given credit for an offer I did so I opened 4 seperate support tickets. They kept closing them with no help.

I had to search high and low until I found a phone number for Gratis HQ and I called. Result? Credit in a few hours.

this thread is for advice more than its for whining

mpbollywoodking

22-02-2006 07:55:51

[quoteaa97726f73="nytrate"]getting rather annoying? from someone who has 23 posts huh?

and I just sent in a support ticket cause I'M on hold for him turning grey.

I've read the TOS and yes I am 100% legit. Academiks you suck bad. real bad.

as for my friends temper, yea I told him to cool it for a couple days. Kid is an aggressive law student with a short fuse LOL. Also, he has an uncle that works fairly high-up at blockbuster corporate. I don't want him to do anything stupid that screws me out of my iPod. I can totally see him flipping out over this.

we'll see I guess[/quoteaa97726f73]

did u have one of your referrals sign up at your house, if that is the case, they you are skrewed

if not, than i suggest send a support ticket FIRST AND FOREMOST. If you don't get a response, than send Jake a pm.

For some reason, i like userspecific threads, because its relatable and it could happen to you or you can read what happens, like a saga P

anywayz, i think there should be a thread, a sticky, only for user specific questions about getting themselves on hold

Akademikz

22-02-2006 07:55:54

I know the forum is filled with peoples problems but why add to it? That's the aggravating thing... people think because some others post their problems that it's a green light for them to do the same which creates even more pointless self-driven threads. But, congradulations on the credit, I'm just suprised FreePay dealt with your situation over the phone - that's good to hear.

Jake

22-02-2006 08:23:03

This will get resolved.

As far as I am concerned, the hold is justified. We may remove it depending on what we hear from the people involved.

nytrate

22-02-2006 08:33:26

-( justified? I just responded to your PM jake.

This is scaring the hell out of me right now. What a way to ruin a day.

darkscout

22-02-2006 08:35:55

[quote33182d9692="nytrate"]I-Pod[/quote33182d9692]

[b33182d9692]iPod[/b33182d9692]

[i33182d9692]iPod[/i33182d9692]

[u33182d9692]iPod[/u33182d9692]

[quote33182d9692]iPod[/quote33182d9692]

[code133182d9692]iPod[/code133182d9692]

http//images.apple.com/ipod/images/indexipod20060207.gif[" alt=""/img33182d9692]

Sorry. It's been out for 4 years. Even worse is complaining about MACs

Jake

22-02-2006 08:38:09

[quotee6d1ca260f="nytrate"]-( justified? I just responded to your PM jake.

This is scaring the hell out of me right now. What a way to ruin a day.[/quotee6d1ca260f]

If you saw what I saw, you would feel the same way.

nytrate

22-02-2006 09:07:49

Jake rocks, problem solved.

for you following this all, it basically resulted from me paying someone to advertise my referral links. Dumb idea, so stay away from that method of getting referrals people! Stick to the forums or something!

and yes, I can totally see how it looked seedy. This is my public apology to Freepay and Jake...didn't mean to cause controversy just was trying to get clever with getting referrals. I mean well and would never intentionally try to cheat.

it ended up costing me a bunch anyways for no referrals ;-) definitely a waste

Jake

22-02-2006 09:10:27

[quotea23a0fd9ee="nytrate"]Jake rocks, problem solved.

for you following this all, it basically resulted from me paying someone to advertise my referral links. Dumb idea, so stay away from that method of getting referrals people! Stick to the forums or something!
[/quotea23a0fd9ee]

The issue had nothing to do with paying someone else to advertise for you.

The issue was something different altogether.

We just happened to find the advertisements in our investigation and ask about them....

stagim

22-02-2006 13:01:07

Jake, I got put on hold earlier also and have no idea why. I PM'd you, can you get back to me via PM so we can get this solved? Thanks,

CoMpFrEaK

22-02-2006 16:15:42

[quote36620960df="Jake"][quote36620960df="nytrate"]Jake rocks, problem solved.

[/quote36620960df]

The issue had nothing to do with paying someone else to advertise for you.

The issue was something different altogether.

We just happened to find the advertisements in our investigation and ask about them....[/quote36620960df]

Jake, put in a word for me to Freepay, i reserve your job when you retire.

nytrate

22-02-2006 17:32:58

It's all worked out people, thank god for this board.

I still lost a legit green out of it...but it's worth it if I actually end up with an Ipod

I just paid my buddy who went grey for the money spent on the offer he did...so he wouldn't lose his temper. LOL. It was a legit green but I'll just take a loss on it rather than piss people off that have control of whether or not I get my ipod. Probably the smartest move after all this. I told him not to even send in a support ticket so I hope he doesn't. Law students are funny like that lol they'll fight the smallest thing until they are too exhausted to continue.

I just submitted for ipod approval on TRAINN today. Pretty pumped about that, so at least the freepay wait won't be so hard.

shortys408

22-02-2006 18:28:19

good times with freepay.

LaFlame

22-02-2006 21:44:18

indeed