a message to freepay (cust service response)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33134

nytrate

16-02-2006 06:06:55

I guess I have to type it here because the customer service response is no good. I told them that Idid flycell over 2 weeks ago, got no credit, have no e-mail (no one does) and have no phone bill (prepaid plan, I got docked in minutes).

they told me

"We are sorry for this situation. In order to solve this problem properly, please contact Flycell's customer service department directly on their website. Thank you. We are sorry for this inconvenience."

Ahem. What am I supposed to do there? I ALSO mentioned in my inquiry that I recently did a SECOND offer (blockbuster)...they skipped over this fact.

I mean couldn't they just be nice about it and see that I am gonna get screwed on the Flycell offer, so at least help me out and quick credit my Blockbuster? That's all I really want. I did 2 offers which gets them out of the sticky situation with FlyCell, so they should take care of me right? Doing 2 offers gives them more money and gets them out of the doghouse for offering a ripoff offer like FLyCell that has cost me half my prepaid minutes already.

-(

-(

nytrate

16-02-2006 06:08:43

oh btw, they closed the ticket. Like it's really settled. ugh

I feel like I just got slapped in the face

Jake

16-02-2006 06:14:42

[quoted067bc9764="nytrate"]I guess I have to type it here because the customer service response is no good. I told them that Idid flycell over 2 weeks ago, got no credit, have no e-mail (no one does) and have no phone bill (prepaid plan, I got docked in minutes).

they told me

"We are sorry for this situation. In order to solve this problem properly, please contact Flycell's customer service department directly on their website. Thank you. We are sorry for this inconvenience."

Ahem. What am I supposed to do there? I ALSO mentioned in my inquiry that I recently did a SECOND offer (blockbuster)...they skipped over this fact.
[/quoted067bc9764]

You can try contacting Flycell and have them send you an email confirming the date of your membership. I am sure they will be happy to help you out. Where there's a will, there's a way.

[quoted067bc9764="nytrate"]
I mean couldn't they just be nice about it and see that I am gonna get screwed on the Flycell offer, so at least help me out and quick credit my Blockbuster? That's all I really want. I did 2 offers which gets them out of the sticky situation with FlyCell, so they should take care of me right? Doing 2 offers gives them more money and gets them out of the doghouse for offering a ripoff offer like FLyCell that has cost me half my prepaid minutes already.
[/quoted067bc9764]

We don't try and screw you out of credit on Flycell. I agree, the CSR could have been more communicative and I will take that up with her. In the meantime, contact the offer provider and ask for an email or something that confirms your membership.

Contact me via PM and I will work out the Blockbuster situation.

nytrate

16-02-2006 06:25:56

I sent in the flycell contact form, so we'll see what happens.

I sent you a PM jake, thanks SO MUCH for helping me. K+

afro_wolff

16-02-2006 06:42:38

And nytrate...Im pretty sure if you recieve no credit freepay recieves no $$...I may be wrong but im mostly sure freepay waits until they receive there end which automatically means you receive your end...

nytrate

16-02-2006 06:50:40

the service tickets just always stress me out.

I've opened up 2 tickets on this issue and they've both been closed. THe message that closed the last one?

"2/16/2006 93336 AM
customer service wrote
If you have not received credit for completing an offer, please be aware that it may take up to 15 or more business days for your credit to appear under the "Status" page. Please wait until that timeframe has passed before contacting us with any questions.
"

This was after several responses to their automated stuff, letting them know it was in fact over 15 days. Yet they CLOSED this customer service ticket as well. 2 tickets on the same issue closed without ever reaching a resolution.

tramahound

16-02-2006 08:46:27

I had a problem with another offer where they never sent me an email confirmation and I didn't get credit for the offer. I called them and asked for them to send me an email or invoice for my records since this was a charge on my credit card and I should at least have something. After much arm twisting and hold time they said they would. That was over two months ago. I called back regarding it in the meantime and they laughed at me and said they never send anything via email. That's not a very good practice if that's how freepay handles manual credits. I guess nothing is truly free. You have to work for them damned greens! Good luck with your ordeal.

nytrate

16-02-2006 08:51:10

I'm going to send in all the horoscope text messages i've gotten to the customer service ticket. It's the closest thing to proof I have

tramahound

16-02-2006 08:54:12

sweet, at least you have that. did they fortell your problems with going green at least? ;)

nytrate

16-02-2006 11:01:06

surprise surprise...FlyCell didn't email me back yet.

But I've since (in a few hours) gotten over 10 email spams for cellphone related crap since submitting a request to FlyCell customer service!

What a great offer! High charges on phone bill, no response from their "contact" form and they instantly sign you up for spam the second you try to email them

what a load of shit. I'm glad they pulled the FlyCell offer, the company is obviously very grimey. Spam before responses, gotta love it.

egyptianruin

16-02-2006 11:10:40

They didn't pull the FlyCell offer - it's still on my PS3 site. I work for a ringtone company on the web and I know places like FlyCell and Jamster are money making scams, it's kinda sad. I told my company to contact FreePay and see if they can get themselves listed cause they are legit (sigh)

nytrate

16-02-2006 11:14:03

they're still listed but when you click it says Offer Unavailable

maybe only on mine though

This is really frusterating. All i'm looking for is a "hey, flycell sucks we know...we'll manual credit your blockbuster offer right away instead"

I'm willing to just take the loss on flycell...all they gotta do is throw me a bone on my blockbuster offer and not make me wait 15 days for it.

EatChex89

16-02-2006 11:29:59

[quotecb5f18f363="Jake"][quotecb5f18f363="nytrate"]I guess I have to type it here because the customer service response is no good. I told them that Idid flycell over 2 weeks ago, got no credit, have no e-mail (no one does) and have no phone bill (prepaid plan, I got docked in minutes).

they told me

[/quotecb5f18f363]

You can try contacting Flycell and have them send you an email confirming the date of your membership. I am sure they will be happy to help you out. Where there's a will, there's a way.

[quotecb5f18f363="nytrate"]
[/quotecb5f18f363]

We don't try and screw you out of credit on Flycell. I agree, the CSR could have been more communicative and [bcb5f18f363]I will take that up with her[/colorcb5f18f363][/bcb5f18f363]. In the meantime, contact the offer provider and ask for an email or something that confirms your membership.

Contact me via PM and I will work out the Blockbuster situation.[/quotecb5f18f363]

is she hot?

i might be having a few extra "problems" that I need to talk about with the CSR ;-)

lol

Jake

16-02-2006 12:16:57

I will take this concern with Flycell to my superiors.

nytrate

16-02-2006 17:37:27

my concern isn't flycell's spam or lack of customer service...

my concern is only recieving credit for something.

15 days for flycell is way up, i sent in my ticket like I was supposed to. 2 seperate support tickets were closed without any resolution. It really isn't my fault that FlyCell is being terrible

nytrate

16-02-2006 17:50:20

roll

Drummer16161616

16-02-2006 19:31:57

[quote6c4ab408de="nytrate"]I'm really losing it on this issue. I never get worked up like this.

I think what did it was the fact that freepay keeps closing my support tickets without even reading what I have to say. Soooo frusterating to just not be heard.[/quote6c4ab408de]

Relax foo... Just wait 15 days after you signed up for blockbuster, send in the missing credit report support ticket, and paste the email with the full header and information. I have never had to do more than one offer for any site I have ever done, and neither have any of my referrals. Sending in this ticket is a sure way to get credit.

nytrate

16-02-2006 19:39:13

thats not the point...flycell is

I do need to relax though. Its just that I had to bust my ass to get my 5 greens and I'm having a bad day to top it off

ucool22

16-02-2006 22:09:24

haha, jake is always so patient, if i was jake i'd hella lose it by now, +karma

nytrate

17-02-2006 07:31:40

THEY JUST CLOSED MY THIRD SUPPORT TICKET

"It normally takes up to 15 days for credit to appear to an account. If this does not occur within that time frame, then open up a ticket. Into that ticket, please copy and paste the confirmation email(including all headers and footers) that you received from the offer in which you participated. We will then examine the email and credit your account if applicable. Thank you"

Ok now I am VERY pissed off. Closing 3 support tickets is basically telling me that I'm gonna get fucked on this whole offer.

OF COURSE IT'S BEEN OVER 15 DAYS, I ONLY TOLD THEM 1000 TIMES

IS there a # I can call? I've never been so insulted by a customer service rep

nytrate

17-02-2006 07:37:45

Just opened up my FOURTH support ticket in 3 days.

This is completely out of hand

egyptianruin

17-02-2006 07:39:30

[quotedfc9e7b1a3="nytrate"]THEY JUST CLOSED MY THIRD SUPPORT TICKET

"It normally takes up to 15 days for credit to appear to an account. If this does not occur within that time frame, then open up a ticket. Into that ticket, please copy and paste the confirmation email(including all headers and footers) that you received from the offer in which you participated. We will then examine the email and credit your account if applicable. Thank you"

Ok now I am VERY pissed off. Closing 3 support tickets is basically telling me that I'm gonna get fucked on this whole offer.

OF COURSE IT'S BEEN OVER 15 DAYS, I ONLY TOLD THEM 1000 TIMES

IS there a # I can call? I've never been so insulted by a customer service rep[/quotedfc9e7b1a3]

Their info (like number) is on the BBB website I believe. However I don't think they want people calling or they would put it on their website, lol. Good luck with the FlyCell ordeal.

nytrate

17-02-2006 07:40:57

I can't believe how rude freepay has been. It is just beyond words how pissed off I am right now. I am searching for the number.

The whole not getting credit thing doesn't upset me. It's the fact that they close my support tickets while ignoring me.

nytrate

17-02-2006 07:43:11

I found the number (had to run a whois search on the domain owners, all online phone #s are disconnected), got through to someone (hit 0) and they said they'll bring it up with cust. service. I'm not getting my hopes up

I apologize for getting so pissy everyone. I'm just having a bad week and this run-around is just not helping any (although I'll admit its nothing compared to real-world problems)

BTW theres a glitch in the support ticket form that makes responses repeat themselves (When you respond a 2nd time b4 they respond...it happens)

but its not immediate reposts. the time are 1-2 minutes apart and even when I wasn't on the webpage. reallllly strange

Jake

17-02-2006 08:15:08

If we don't get proof of offer completion, we can't give you credit for the offer.

Have you asked Flycell to send you an email?

nytrate

17-02-2006 08:17:46

yes I have asked them. I've only gotten spam emails about free flip phones or yahoo cell service or something since, nothing from FlyCell

that's a real shame -(

I HAVE proof but its weird proof. I have the daily text message horoscopes they send me. I can give you every one from back until I first signed up.

If you could get flycell to actually resond to you, you could check my horoscopes to their database. That's ALL I have.

So I'm just screwed then huh? I can't believe this, FlyCell ate up half my minutes this ended up costing me a lot to get nothing in return except horrible text messages

also, why doesn't the cust service support just say that instead of just closing my tickets rudely?

Jake

17-02-2006 08:25:15

[quoteca0a089ac8="nytrate"]yes I have asked them. I've only gotten spam emails about free flip phones or yahoo cell service or something since, nothing from FlyCell
[/quoteca0a089ac8]

You are asking about offer credit and they give you the standard response on how to get it.

They should be reading the question more carefully and I am going to do some work to emphasize to them that they need to read the questions before answering them.

However, try contacting Flycell again. Maybe they missed the email...

nytrate

17-02-2006 08:26:13

btw Jake, do I know you? Only reason I ask is because I knew a Jake in DC when I lived there (lived in the district over 4 years) that was into the electronic music scene in like 99-01. I remember him working for a dotcom or something, could very well be you. Or not -) This is Christian from the Van Ness area (not anymore) if it is.

edit I did e-mail FlyCell twice. I'll go for a third time today.

Guy on the phone at Gratis when I called was real nice too, he said he'd see what he could do (a Chris?)

todays horoscope from flycell AquariusYour idea of the perfect friend is someone who shares your interests, but not the one who hangs on, is demanding, or smothers.

LOL! )

Jake

17-02-2006 08:34:15

[quote3b1732827d="nytrate"]btw Jake, do I know you? Only reason I ask is because I knew a Jake in DC when I lived there (lived in the district over 4 years) that was into the electronic music scene in like 99-01. I remember him working for a dotcom or something, could very well be you. Or not -) This is Christian from the Van Ness area (not anymore) if it is.

edit I did e-mail FlyCell twice. I'll go for a third time today.

Guy on the phone at Gratis when I called was real nice too, he said he'd see what he could do (a Chris?)

todays horoscope from flycell AquariusYour idea of the perfect friend is someone who shares your interests, but not the one who hangs on, is demanding, or smothers.

LOL! )[/quote3b1732827d]

Tis not me I am afraid. I only moved to the DC area about a year and a half ago.

One of my colleagues said that he would email you.

I will also send your concern to marketing so that they can talk to Flycell to try and get them to start sending emails.

nytrate

17-02-2006 08:39:06

he just e-mailed me and all he mentioned was the Blockbuster offer.

Seems like FlyCell is a bad word? LOL

FLYCELL FLYCELL FLYCELL lets resolve this

and yes I checked my spam folders as well

nytrate

17-02-2006 08:45:24

im calling FlyCell's corporate office

edit impossible to get a human not to mention the hold music is different repeating ringtones

yuck

edit2 I can forward the horoscopes from my phone to anyones phone at freepay if you need proof. that is proof.

Jake

17-02-2006 09:14:45

[quote3011dd3e14="nytrate"]
edit2 I can forward the horoscopes from my phone to anyones phone at freepay if you need proof. that is proof.[/quote3011dd3e14]

No offense, but I am not giving out my cell phone number and I don't think you'll be able to convince anyone else to do so either.

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:23:58

so I'm fucked on the FlyCell thing? Just give me a yes or no, I'm wasting a ridiculous amount of time fighting this. Just tell me I'm screwed over on it and I'll be happier than wasting my time.

your colleague is not responding to me once I mentioned it was FlyCell I was after for credit.

Jake

17-02-2006 09:26:51

[quoteb33def8738="nytrate"]so I'm fucked on the FlyCell thing? Just give me a yes or no, I'm wasting a ridiculous amount of time fighting this. Just tell me I'm screwed over on it and I'll be happier than wasting my time.

your colleague is not responding to me once I mentioned it was FlyCell I was after for credit.[/quoteb33def8738]

If you can't get Flycell to give you some proof of completion, then there isn't much that I can do unless you have a bank statement/CC statement that proves you made a payment.

Please keep in mind, we don't answer emails immediately. We are busy and sometimes, it takes a bit of time before you get a response.

shortys408

17-02-2006 09:28:15

I would just do another offer. Flycell didn't even charge me so its no loss.

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:28:25

ok thanks. at least I know I got scammed now instead of just worrying about it. makes it a little bit better.

how can I get proof of completion when FlyCell just spams me cell phone offers when I try to e-mail them? It's a scumbag company and it's OBVIOUS they aren't going to give me any proof.

shortys408

17-02-2006 09:29:47

Look on your phone bill. Even prepaid phones have phone bills. If you can not find it that means they didn't charge you.

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:30:19

"Look on your phone bill. Even prepaid phones have phone bills."

Uhm, no prepaids do not have phone bills. I got docked a chunk of minutes I have no proof of and I am getting docked for recieving all of their text messages/

"I would just do another offer. Flycell didn't even charge me so its no loss."

haha I did an instant offer man. Blockbuster went instant for all my referrals. But not for me. So now it's 2 weeks of waiting to report for blockbuster manual credit.

That's not the point. The point is that I got scammed by one of their offers. I feel completely 100% cheated right now and I think I have that right.

shortys408

17-02-2006 09:32:20

who is your service provider?

It also isn't freepay's fault. Sometimes there are shady offers. Once I did instantcast and was charged 64$ after 3 days. It got straightened out eventually.

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:33:37

boost

shortys408

17-02-2006 09:34:29

https//selfcare.bcgi.net/boost/index.htm

They log everything you do on that phone, every phone number you call or receive calls from.

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:41:09

I tried, there is nothing saying flycell. only records are from their text messages from the #69999

aside from the chunk of minutes that got deducted via boost. no mention of flycell

Athlon

17-02-2006 09:42:12

Jake,
In reading this entire transcript, I have to say that you are one hell of a patient/helpful person. If you have time to reply, could you tell me if you know when the next shipment of 30 gig whites will be going out? Thanks!

Processing since 1/31

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:42:58

"Jake,
In reading this entire transcript, I have to say that you are one hell of a patient/helpful person."

Uhm, why are people making it sound like I'm in the wrong here? You wouldn't do the same thing in my shoes? If anyone has patience here, it's me. I just got scammed man, have some sympathy

I give up anyways man. It took me 2 days just to get a straignt answer.

Def. not worth my time at this point.

Its inspiration for me though. I'm currently studying for my LSATS and scams like this are exactly one of the reasons lawschool interests me so much. burdon of proof is on me. translation you got scammed by our sponsor and we don't care

shortys408

17-02-2006 09:45:31

I feel bad for you, you got scammed out of a few text messaging credits and you even had to online rentals for 2 weeks and free instore rentals. That really sucks man. (It could be ALOT worse)

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:47:17

a few? I got docked around 50 minutes in a chunk

shortys408

17-02-2006 09:49:00

Isn't that only 10$ worth?

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:52:11

you obviously don't get my point, so just forget it dude

CollidgeGraduit

17-02-2006 09:52:50

Yeah, quit threadcrapping shortys408

nytrate

17-02-2006 09:58:17

wait wait I just found proof!!!!

In the form of a screenshot on the FlyCell offer. I typed my # in and provider and it tells me I already have signed up!!!!!!!

Is that proof enough? Let me know where to send it!!!! wooooo

shortys408

17-02-2006 09:59:30

Probably in a support ticket.

nytrate

17-02-2006 10:11:19

Edited by CG

nytrate block out your cell # and repost the screenshots please )

manOFice

17-02-2006 10:20:41

[quote67833bd306="nytrate"]wait wait I just found proof!!!!

In the form of a screenshot on the FlyCell offer. I typed my # in and provider and it tells me I already have signed up!!!!!!!

Is that proof enough? Let me know where to send it!!!! wooooo[/quote67833bd306]

I hope you get credit...but freepay might see it as you just signing up whenever...that doesn't really prove that you signed up via the offer from freepay. But i do hope you get credit, you've been through a lot!

nytrate

17-02-2006 10:20:50

good call man, thanks. Totally slipped my mind. You saved me on that one

http/" alt=""/img49.imageshack.us/img="49/9885/flycell9dp.jpg[" alt=""/img1270ae936b][=http//imageshack.us][img="1270ae936b]http/" alt=""/img49.imageshack.us/img="49/9885/flycell9dp.jpg[" alt=""/img1270ae936b][/url]

zooms

[url==http//imageshack.us][img="1270ae936b]http/" alt=""/img49.imageshack.us/img="49/4824/flycell29im.jpg[" alt=""/img1270ae936b][=http//imageshack.us][img="1270ae936b]http/" alt=""/img49.imageshack.us/img="49/4824/flycell29im.jpg[" alt=""/img1270ae936b][/url]

Jake

17-02-2006 10:31:35

[quote055f2d6f5a="nytrate"]"Jake,
burdon of proof is on me. translation you got scammed by our sponsor and we don't care[/quote055f2d6f5a]

[quote055f2d6f5a="Freepay Terms and Conditions"]
[b055f2d6f5a]The user is responsible for saving all of the confirmation emails they receive associated with offer completion. We will not manually credit a user for an offer without receiving a confirmation email from the user.[/b055f2d6f5a]
[/quote055f2d6f5a]

Therefore, we require YOU to prove that YOU completed the offer.

[quote055f2d6f5a="nytrate"]
you got scammed by our sponsor and we don't care[/quote055f2d6f5a]

[quote055f2d6f5a="Jake"]
I will take this concern with Flycell to my superiors.[/quote055f2d6f5a]

nytrate

17-02-2006 10:38:49

no I really appreciate your help man...I'm upset at flycell...I really really appreciate your help on all of this stuff. You've been replying back real quickly and all. I know you're doing what you can.

Are the above screenshots acceptable proof?

nytrate

17-02-2006 10:48:04

THANK YOU JAKE!!!

I just got credit for it!!! Where theres a will theres a way right? ;-)

thanks so much man, thank GOD someone like you is on this board to help out

you are beyond wonderful

9mmbullitt

17-02-2006 12:31:13

[quotedf6e7c141a="nytrate"]Just opened up my FOURTH support ticket in 3 days.

This is completely out of hand[/quotedf6e7c141a]

Wow, 4th support ticket in three days! I've had a support ticket open for 6 days now with no response. I've pm'd Jake because he has helped me in the past, but now he is reading my pm's but I'm waiting on a response/decision. I know Jake is busy, so I'm not pushing it. I would just like to see the support ticket get answered. Should I submit a 2nd ticket?

Jake

17-02-2006 12:39:22

[quoteac2be7e8e7="9mmbullitt"] Should I submit a 2nd ticket?[/quoteac2be7e8e7]

We do encounter minor problems with our inquiry system that leave some inquiries in limbo where we cannot get to them so if you do not receive a response in what seems like a long time, it can't hurt to try again.