How business works - RE: Freepay

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33124

awake33

15-02-2006 23:08:19

[quoteaad59a58ee]CollidgeGraduit wrote

Poor babies. Go out and buy a damn remote if it's so important to you. So not only should FreePay buy a remote for each person, but they should also have buy those remotes and have them delivered to the 3rd party warehouse that does the shipping. They should also pay for the extra storage space for the warehouse to hold the remotes. They should then pay the warehouse extra to do more than just stick the xbox360 in a box and ship it.

Freepay is in business to stay in business. Jeeze.[/quoteaad59a58ee]

[quoteaad59a58ee]CollidgeGraduit wrote
Apparently knowing how businesses operate in the real world means I'm kissing their ass. This thread is locked so you don't earn yourself a vacation.[/quoteaad59a58ee]

Knowing how businesses operate? You are a moron for making this statement, whether your head is stuck up Freepay's ass or not.

A business has to honor a well documented and discussed promise put forth to the general public provided that they fulfill certain obligations.

Obviously we should wait and see IF we will be getting what was specified, not promised..SPECIFIED, in this deal. This is isn't a sidewalk garage sale bartering system here. The amount of money in question for a given item is not relevant either. The only loophole that Freepay has is that (paraphrasing here..) "should an item become unavailable, another item of equal or greater item will be chosen at Freepay's discretion."

IF Freepay decides that they are above contractual obligation, then we should all procede to here https//rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01url=http://]https//rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01url=http:///url

Should it come to that, there are enough people to file complaints which would result in a class-action suit by the FTC on behalf of us, not to mention fines for fraud and/or willful negligence.

This is about principle and standards of business, not dollar amounts, inconveniences, or whether people need to be patient and forgiving.

Your argument is pathetic. There is no way having to purchase remotes for everybody would ruin Freepay. More realistically you are talking about lowering a profit margin by a very, very small percentage. You are also not factoring in that the vast majority of people who begin the process of a freebie never even come close to finishing. This is why they are in business.

austin01

15-02-2006 23:14:59

Very Well Said. Looks like someone made Collegegrad look dumb.
I bet collegegrad will lock this post also and threaten us with a "vacation"
Just for stating the truth.
Collegegrads lame and this board is his whole life. He threatens everyone with a vacation. What are we five years old. He hacks into peoples avatar uses profanity and thats ok. But when anyone else disagrees with him he deletes their posts and locks the topic. He's a complete joke. Its ok for him to curse and name call because hes a so called "moderator" Some "moderator."

CoMpFrEaK

15-02-2006 23:30:45

Do you even know how freebie sites work? roll

Drummer16161616

15-02-2006 23:54:36

[quote697296c8fb="CoMpFrEaK"]Do you even know how freebie sites work? roll[/quote697296c8fb]

I think he does based on what he said? There is no reason someone should be calling us babies for complaining about not receiving something that was listed when we all signed up. I know freepay has compensated well in the past, and I will be disappointed in them if they don't under these circumstances.

austin01

16-02-2006 00:01:17

[quote946ee647fd="Drummer16161616"][quote946ee647fd="CoMpFrEaK"]Do you even know how freebie sites work? roll[/quote946ee647fd]

I think he does based on what he said? There is no reason someone should be calling us babies for complaining about not receiving something that was listed when we all signed up. I know freepay has compensated well in the past, and I will be disappointed in them if they don't under these circumstances.[/quote946ee647fd]

Exactly he's supposed to a moderator. Babies I could deal with. I just don't like collidgegrad hacking into peoples account and using profanity and cursing. Its ok for him to do that, but anytime someone remotely disagrees with him he locks the post and threatens a vacation. This time tomorrow this thread will be locked, if not deleted because he does not like being wrong.

CollidgeGraduit

16-02-2006 03:42:45

Read the Terms and Conditions for Freepay's sites. They essentially give Freepay free reign to take a dump in a box, ship it to you, and tell you it's your Free Xbox 360.

Oh, and don't worry, I won't threaten you with a vacation.

EDIT Let me clarify this, now that I took out a little frustration. I speak for the moderators when I say that we get really sick of people whining, complaining, and bashing Freepay over things like taking a long time to get their freebie. We have a good relationship with Freepay -- we've had a rep coming to FIPG for a long time, building our credibility and keeping more traffic returning to the site.

For the most part, all the mods and old-timers have had good experiences with Freepay. But, don't say that I don't know what it's like to have to wait for my freebie. I waited for over 2 months to finally get my iPod, once it went STV.

That said, I am a grown-up, and I know how to operate in the free world. I know these freebies aren't "free", as they cost our time and sometimes money doing the offers -- but be honest, it's nowhere near what it would cost you to go out and buy them.

Jake is just trying to do his job, and it's awfully damn nice of him to frequent the boards, sorting through threads and PMs of "DEER JAKE PLZ FIX MY ACOUNT ITS BORKEND LOL" to get people taken off hold, approve accounts more quickly, etc.

Is my head up Freepay's ass? I don't think so, maybe you do. I just know that I've gotten excellent customer service from them, and lots of gadgets that I normally wouldn't have bought for myself.

Now, everyone carry on peacefully. You'll get your freebies when you get them. Freepay is doing their best. We, as moderators, are doing our best to be kind and fair to everyone, but whining and flaming the moderators gets you nowhere.

CollidgeGraduit

16-02-2006 03:48:28

[quotece48557668="austin01"][quotece48557668="Drummer16161616"][quotece48557668="CoMpFrEaK"]Do you even know how freebie sites work? roll[/quotece48557668]

I think he does based on what he said? There is no reason someone should be calling us babies for complaining about not receiving something that was listed when we all signed up. I know freepay has compensated well in the past, and I will be disappointed in them if they don't under these circumstances.[/quotece48557668]

Exactly he's supposed to a moderator. Babies I could deal with. I just don't like collidgegrad hacking into peoples account and using profanity and cursing. Its ok for him to do that, but anytime someone remotely disagrees with him he locks the post and threatens a vacation. This time tomorrow this thread will be locked, if not deleted because he does not like being wrong.[/quotece48557668]

Sounds like you know as much about phpBB as you do Freebie sites. Another moderator changed your titles, and it doesn't involve 1337 h4x0r1ng. It's called USER MANAGEMENT. Seeya!

Oh, and BTW... CG - much like Jack Bauer and Chuck Norris - is never wrong.