Bad news for some of us 10/22s

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3294

Leviathan

16-11-2004 12:46:56

I emailed gratis on Nov. 6 asking why some people who were STV after me alreadt recieved their IPODS. I just got his repsonse today.

Notice the last sentence... 3 - 4 WEEKS AWAY!!!!

After a user completes the steps required to receive the product, Gratis Internet will take measures to ensure that the user receives orders within a reasonable amount of time. Delivery times vary amongst product suppliers, but most orders are received within 30 days from placing the order. However, due to the high volume of customer inquiries, we cannot provide each person with a time frame of when they will each receive their order. We ask that you be patient during the order fulfillment process with us, as it is not an "instantaneous" process. Orders are grouped together in the time period that they are initially placed by the customer and then sent to the product's vendor at a later date for the group of orders to be fulfilled. Once your order is placed with the product vendor your order is processed and then shipped to you. When your order ships you will be notified and will receive tracking information to follow your order's shipment. Please be patient and your account will be updated when your order ships. We are working hard behind the scenes to get your order out to you as fast as possible. Again, we cannot provide individual order updates; your account will update itself as soon as any change to your order status occurs. Please only contact us if your order has been marked shipped for over a week, and we can follow up with tracking it down. liliCurrently, your iPod shipment is 3-4 weeks awaylili

TheKing

16-11-2004 12:50:22

ouch that sucks man

ario

16-11-2004 12:51:44

I fucking knew it. Cocksuckers.

idris

16-11-2004 13:36:15

Leviathan, what state are you?

flyjumpseat

16-11-2004 14:14:41

My FREE iPod has shipped, UPS says it was delivered this morning - but I won't be home 'till Saturday to see it myself. The wife will have to pick it up at the office. But I was 10/22 and got mine - so hopefully the rest of the 10/22's WON'T be 3 weeks away. That would just be bad form.

TonyGarcia

16-11-2004 14:58:24

I have bad luck, i'm STV 10/22.. i'll probably have to wait 3-4 weeks ( (

joecansee

16-11-2004 15:12:33

I'm 10/13.....I haven't shipped yet...wtf and you have bad luck?

r2d2_unit

16-11-2004 15:14:18

[quotee07ccf1b0c="joecansee"]I'm 10/13.....I haven't shipped yet...wtf and you have bad luck?[/quotee07ccf1b0c]

i'm pretty sure everyone that has completed since 10/13 has bad luck, since there are us STVers (i'm 10/28) and all of the kids who are still processing since then, too have bad luck

chillywilly

16-11-2004 15:18:29

Yeah, those of us that are STV are pretty lucky, even if we've not gotten our iPods yet. I feel bad for the ones just doing their offers now.

Gratis keeps talking about same week shipping... that should be same-year shipping... he he

Quinn222

16-11-2004 16:03:57

[quote84f24eabe6="Leviathan"] Orders are grouped together in the time period that they are initially placed by the customer and then sent to the product's vendor at a later date for the group of orders to be fulfilled. ... liliCurrently, your iPod shipment is 3-4 weeks awaylili[/quote84f24eabe6]

That doesn't make sense. I placed my order and was STV on the same day, the 22nd, and I got my ipod last Thursday. There had to be plenty of people who placed orders way before me who also went STV on the 22nd. How did mine end up ahead of those people?

I'm starting to think it's alphabetical or something. My name begins with an 'A'.

Leviathan

16-11-2004 17:16:56

[quotecb7a7c2c35="idris"]Leviathan, what state are you?[/quotecb7a7c2c35]

I am in New York...Long Island to be exact.

anaid

16-11-2004 17:19:32

[quote44ed5c242a="Quinn222"]
That doesn't make sense. I placed my order and was STV on the same day, the 22nd, and I got my ipod last Thursday. There had to be plenty of people who placed orders way before me who also went STV on the 22nd. How did mine end up ahead of those people?

I'm starting to think it's alphabetical or something. My name begins with an 'A'.[/quote44ed5c242a]
It's definitely not alphabetical. There's a group of people, who go into processing from a certain date to another date that all get grouped into the same STV date. Gratis shipped the last few batches by location, I believe, so you were probably one of the states that shipped first.

I hope you get your iPod soon - I'm in NY also, NYC to be precise and I was shipped Sunday. I'm thinking you'll have to be shipped sooner than 3-4 weeks away or that would just be really cruel.

r2d2_unit

16-11-2004 18:42:57

i just hope youre right, but gratis has definately pulled this one in the past right?

emoemodude

16-11-2004 19:28:32

I have bad luck... Look below Haha.

r2d2_unit

16-11-2004 19:33:05

emoemodude did you sign up for that new gearlive thing? its awesome granted people remain honest

emoemodude

16-11-2004 19:37:20

It costs... plus I've pretty much signed up for everything... I'll just let the congas do all the work for me ;)

Santa

16-11-2004 20:15:10

What the fuck, gratis is really gay. Seriously stop pissing us off and quit shipping randomly. I am pissed...

ario

16-11-2004 20:15:58

Gratis sticks its penis into other men's butts?

TomLeykis

16-11-2004 20:18:18

This is the reply I got after already being e-mailed the batch I am in should be shipped in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for your email about your order. IPods are currently on backorder because of their very high demand. But, the good news is many will be shipped out from our vendor in the near future. Please be patient and understand we are doing everything in our power to get your order out the door and into your hands. Let me also explain what our different order statuses mean. “Pending” means we are working on processing your order. This usually takes 3 to 5 business days, but can take more time due to high volume or account verification. “In Progress” (1, 2, and 3 are all the same) means that your order has been sent to our vendor and we are awaiting shipment status. Again, iPods are on backorder, so many users have had an order in pending for several days. Once an order has shipped your status will change to “Shipped” and you should receive the item in approximately 3 to 5 business days. We do not currently provide tracking numbers for orders placed on our website. We are working on adding this functionality. Please only contact us if your order has been marked shipped for over a week, and we can follow up with tracking it down. Thanks for your patience. liliLook, we cannot give you a better response at the moment. The vendor fulfills the orders from China so maybe that has a lot to do with it. Be patient, you'll get yours in good time!li

be8732

16-11-2004 22:01:33

hm seems like beginning of message is programmed fluff, and the starred part is the real answer, or maybe just more fluff, fun... roll

r2d2_unit

16-11-2004 22:26:46

man being patient is really starting to suck ass. we tried giving gratis the benefit of the doubt, but i guess we are just stuck waiting it out now...