using gift visas to complete offers?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3259

PL4Y 1T L0UD

14-11-2004 23:53:43

does anyone know anything about using gift visas to complete offers? my friends are so afraid of becoming victims of identity theft NONE of them will post their CC#s online (even if the company is obviously legit). i am thinking of getting 5 visa gift cards for them to use so they wont have excuses anymore. twisted will the visa gift cards work with freeipods?

r2d2_unit

15-11-2004 00:34:15

rofl +karma for that idea, i dont see why that wouldnt work, i dont know anything about the gift visa's though, they might have your information on them. can you just give them to anybody or do you have to specify who theyre going to be for when you purchase them?

chillywilly

15-11-2004 09:57:51

From what I've seen on other foras, people have been using gift visas and web certificates to complete offers. They seem to work since they are pretty much a Visa card to any merchant or online vendor.

I use a web-only M/C for some of my offers (the one's that only require $1.00 hold on the card). It's nice since it's used for that purpose and I don't have to worry about my other c.cards getting charges on them.

spectrum5ten

15-11-2004 13:10:32

hi everyone! nice to see you all!

mbfan567

15-11-2004 14:05:32

i'm curious about that as well. ^

chillywilly

15-11-2004 14:10:27

That is a good question re original buyer.

I'd guess not, since each web certificate or cash visa is done in the name of the person it's being given to. So as long as each person that gets one has a separate physical address, I'd say that's as far as tracing that they can do.

But, don't take that as the end all answer. It's just a guess.

Skylark

15-11-2004 14:25:32

I kinda regret putting up my CC# on the internet. Are you sure that Gratis didn't charge your card after you got your prize or notice any unusual things that were bought on your account? ?

chillywilly

15-11-2004 15:03:05

[quote6652e41a26="Skylark"]I kinda regret putting up my CC# on the internet. Are you sure that Gratis didn't charge your card after you got your prize or notice any unusual things that were bought on your account? ?[/quote6652e41a26]
There is NO WAY that Gratis can charge your credit card.

Any secure transactions are done only at the vendor's site, with no connection to Gratis, as far as your personal financial information being transmitted.

I had no problems with using my credit card info for doing offers. Besides, it's hard to charge a card more than the the hold they put on it when that's all that is on the card as far as available credit.

TomLeykis

15-11-2004 18:14:49

If I do another Free____ offer I want to use one of these. I signed up for that Gleaming white smile crap for one of the offercentric offers and I read the 14 day trial as being a trial for the product and it actually was a trial for the "service" so I got 50 bucks charged to my card before my sample even arrived.

LedFloyd

16-11-2004 05:26:24

Well at least your teeth are going to be white!

TomLeykis

16-11-2004 19:52:59

I did the trimlife offer for the Gratis ipod site so I guess I will be skinny with a glow in the dark smile and an Ipod when I am done. D

Eric P

17-11-2004 01:13:59

where do you get gift visas? i've been thinking about htis idea for quite some time now.

chillywilly

17-11-2004 11:47:20

[quote0edd6767e9="TomLeykis"]If I do another Free____ offer I want to use one of these. I signed up for that Gleaming white smile crap for one of the offercentric offers and I read the 14 day trial as being a trial for the product and it actually was a trial for the "service" so I got 50 bucks charged to my card before my sample even arrived.[/quote0edd6767e9]
Thanks for the details on this.

I was going to sign up for this offer for my cameras4free offer (I traded offers with someone for them doing one on my pvps4free).

How soon after you signed up did you get charged the $50?

TomLeykis

17-11-2004 18:45:27

14 days after you sign up . Even if you sign up at like night on the 1st say you will get charged right on the 15th. Also you have to make sure to cancel on a weekday and ask for a cancellation confirmation #. This gleaming white smile company is hell to deal with they have some fullfillment center handle all the e-mails and calls, the product is shipped from another location, and the company itself is located at yet another location.