OMG Gratis, what are you thinking.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3181

tubby

12-11-2004 16:22:55

Did you know that one of the reasons that Gratis can put you on hold is for

"Helping a user join, and "walking them through the process.""

Holy shit, doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of getting referrals?

Are they now justified in putting you on hold for making sure your referrals get credit?

I swear, if I didn't literally hold the hands of the people I referred while they completed an offer, I don't think I'd have ever received my iPod.

They have got to be joking.

emoemodude

12-11-2004 16:25:13

Good thing I never help them cuz the people who sign up under me are either random people or people who have already done Gratis' sites ).

LaurencePLJ

12-11-2004 18:20:43

[quote613ce79d85="emoemodude"]Good thing I never help them cuz the people who sign up under me are either random people or people who have already done Gratis' sites ).[/quote613ce79d85]

I don't get it, how do they actually know if you helped your referrals. No that I did it, but I'm just asking.

brywalker

12-11-2004 19:18:39

Click pacing.

Anon

12-11-2004 19:25:32

[quote3ee7ae5521="LaurencePLJ"][quote3ee7ae5521="emoemodude"]Good thing I never help them cuz the people who sign up under me are either random people or people who have already done Gratis' sites ).[/quote3ee7ae5521]

I don't get it, how do they actually know if you helped your referrals. No that I did it, but I'm just asking.[/quote3ee7ae5521]

i think i remember harry sayin in the help part somebody was on hold because all the referrals had siliar account signup and offer completion, so i think they look for stuff like that

and tubby, they wanna make more money, if you dont walk friends who dont know anything about it through they have a better chance of screwing up which would result in gratis getting thier money anyway

tubby

12-11-2004 20:26:55

Oh, its clear that they want to make more money.... lol... what a bunch of a-holes.

Randyspawn

12-11-2004 22:58:52

Click Pacing? Does that mean that if someone is slow to go through the steps , you get hit with a hold? What if one of your referrals was just being cautious and reading their whole TOS ahead of time, and each offer's TOS as well?

J_Uneek

12-11-2004 23:12:55

I think it would mean the opposite more than likely. If your referral flew through the process it would reflect them being "walked through" the process. It's silly either way you look at it because if someone wants a free ipod they know time is of the essence. If I'm told I have to sign up for an offer and I'm excited to get a free ipod, I'll most likely immediately do an offer. Does that mean that the person who referred me walked me through the process? Of course not..

hemingway2

13-11-2004 09:05:40

with the advent of so many free sites out there, all essentially havign the same sign up process, offer etc. anyone whos done more then one, can fly through the process.

email
password
scan offers for interesting one
do offer.
done.

most of my refs for all sites are refs from previous sites. so they all know. i wouldnt think click pacing is a valid (if they even do it) reason to be placed on hold.

cheers.

zed2004

13-11-2004 12:11:05

i read that in the Terms also. It didnt catch my be surpise since most terms of service have statements like that. They all boil down to a few lines

"we set the rules, we can break any of the rules, we can change any of the rules whenever we want, and you cant do crap about them."