URGENT Question for Jake or other FPay Rep Regarding FreePay

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=30755

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

18-01-2006 01:47:48

Hi,

The "!" is not me yelling or getting mad, just urgency. Ok, first, let me say this
[b1f94919cd0][u1f94919cd0]This is not an attack in any way, shape, form or fashion[/u1f94919cd0][/size1f94919cd0][/b1f94919cd0].

I just want to know, if it takes up to 15 days to be credited for an offer I or anyone else completed through your sites, then why put on the sites a different amount of days it takes to be credited on a pop-up window for each offer?

For instance, I completed MusicNow's offer which clearly states "You will receive credit within 7-10 days."

Well, if that's the case, what is this 15 days you all are talking about? Your site is simply misleading. You say one thing and then another thing at the same time...well which is it?

I have signed up with many offers and have not received credit for them on different FreePay sites. What gives FreePay? What's the reason for inconsistency on the credit issuance info? And I know what your terms and conditions read, but where is the consistency?

I guess you all figure, "hey, no one would sign up if we didn't say that time to be credited for the offer would be much less than 15 days." You could be right because that is a long time. But maybe not. Naw, I'm being fecisious and fishing for some kind of reason.

And then to top all that off we can't request or contact you all about a manual credit until 15 days after the signup. What?! Why can't I contact you after the allotted time specified on your website for that specific offer (i.e. 7-10 days for MusicNow)? This is how you all allow other companies to do your, FreePay, members?

I say that because aren't they the ones who have to report to you of our signups/transactions? If not, my bad and I apologize for not knowing. But please enlighten me. And yes, I know the FreePay member can be at fault (not properly signing up, yada yada yada). However, that really is not my concern.

My main concern is about the two different times to be credited stated on your websites and the time allowed to contact you regarding not being crediting for an offer completed.

[b1f94919cd0][u1f94919cd0]This is not an attack in any way, shape, form or fashion[/u1f94919cd0][/size1f94919cd0][/b1f94919cd0]. So please don't take it personal. I do want to say that I have received at least one credit, which was after the allotted time specified (but then again was it because there's also your 15-day window).

I need clarity...it's that simple.

Greatly Appreciated,
Pros-Pear-Eh-T

Peinecone

18-01-2006 03:58:23

The offers are not credited sometimes for a variety of reasons. Cookies might not be on, browser problems (using firefox,) script problems, etc. It is all set up automatically, but sometimes credit slips thru. The pop-up tells you how long it usually takes to credit if it works properly. Then you have to wait the 15 days to request manual credit for them to check the records.

Jake

18-01-2006 06:22:34

As everyone very well knows, nothing works perfectly. Murphy's Law applies in all cases. Since the credit process is not perfect, we have a back up plan which is the 15 day rule that you describe.

More often than not, credit comes through OK in the allotted time. In the event that this does not happen, we ask that a customer wait 15 days before inquiring about manual credit.

ch3d

18-01-2006 08:26:28

[quote022683f9f2]fecisious[/quote022683f9f2]

actually it's spelled Facecious, and this is important because it's the only word in the english dictionary that contains all of the vowels....in order. I bet you will never misspell it again.

Jake

18-01-2006 08:44:39

[quoteabe87c5738="ch3d"][quoteabe87c5738]fecisious[/quoteabe87c5738]

actually it's spelled Facecious, and this is important because it's the only word in the english dictionary that contains all of the vowels....in order. I bet you will never misspell it again.[/quoteabe87c5738]

It is actually facetious.

kposse77

18-01-2006 08:55:10

[quote5f69a27e41="Jake"][quote5f69a27e41="ch3d"][quote5f69a27e41]fecisious[/quote5f69a27e41]

actually it's spelled Facecious, and this is important because it's the only word in the english dictionary that contains all of the vowels....in order. I bet you will never misspell it again.[/quote5f69a27e41]

It is actually facetious.[/quote5f69a27e41]

pwn'd

ch3d

18-01-2006 09:10:32

dammit! I knew I should have looked it up! At least I got the vowels in order.

Ethan

18-01-2006 09:52:16

Sometimes I spell it Facetiousy

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

18-01-2006 17:03:43

Ok, I don't know whether to leave it that or comment. I don't feel you answered my question. Could you just explain the 15 days only.

Why 15 days and not 16 days or 17 or 30 days?

Because no system is perfect why can't I contact you all after the allotted time specified for that offer again? What is about the number 15?

If that information is confidential then I have nothing else to say, but thank you for replying. And the same for others.

Appreciate you,
Pros-Pear-Eh-T

Rodney

18-01-2006 17:10:17

I'm sure they just had to pick some number. It's probably not that as big of deal as you're making it )

Probably most advertisers report back to them after at least 2 weeks.

johnjimjones

18-01-2006 17:14:14

I think its a decent question. Why not after the time it says it will credit, send in a request. The arguement I see for Freepay is that there needs to be a standarized time period where everyone sends in their request after so many days.

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

18-01-2006 18:00:09

Rodney, you're right, [quote9c98fbfa23]It's probably not that as big of deal as you're making it.[/quote9c98fbfa23]

Actually, it kind of is because I am trying to go green quickly for those I trade with. The quicker you green the quicker or closer you are to getting your freebie, request TR (if applicable), and great feedback. And if it takes 15 days or longer then that 15 days or longer that I have to wait to possibly getting my freebie in the making (the process of ordering, getting approval, blah, blah, blah), right, and TR and feedback.

But then again I guess helping people get their freebie quickly
doesn't matter and vice versa.

I am not mad, just stating my position and why I raise question to FreePay. Now, do you understand where I'm coming from?

Thanks for responding though, maybe Jake was curious as to why I even cared. Well, now it's out there. Oh, and I am very interested in the offers I sign up with. I have not completed all of the FreePay offers. And probably won't because some don't interest me one bit.

Looks like I've stated my case in my closing remarks...NEXT! lol No, I'm no lawyer.

JohnJimJones thanks for your response, too.

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

Iloveipods2

18-01-2006 18:53:17

[quote65e3c9146a="Pros-Pear-Eh-T"]Ok, I don't know whether to leave it that or comment. I don't feel you answered my question. Could you just explain the 15 days only.

Why 15 days and not 16 days or 17 or 30 days?

Because no system is perfect why can't I contact you all after the allotted time specified for that offer again? What is about the number 15?

If that information is confidential then I have nothing else to say, but thank you for replying. And the same for others.

Appreciate you,
Pros-Pear-Eh-T[/quote65e3c9146a]

according to statistics(i just a test today ove rthis stuff). anyways if they state 7-10 business days. that's most likely a 90% confidence (two standard deviations) which means that 90% of the time it will be what the lil popup states. Of course, this is only if the crediting system is automated, if it's human then I have no idea w/o the data.

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

18-01-2006 20:28:14

oh, ok. Thanks for your input as well, IloveIpods2.

It was nice conversing with you all. FREEBIES RULE!

I'm out,
Pros-Pear-Eh-T

brendenipod

18-01-2006 23:46:12

Appreciate you,
Pros-Pear-Eh-T

according to statistics(i just a test today ove rthis stuff). anyways if they state 7-10 business days. that's most likely a 90% confidence (two standard deviations) which means that 90% of the time it will be what the lil popup states. Of course, this is only if the crediting system is automated, if it's human then I have no idea w/o the data.

I hate to break it to you, but you may have not done well on your test. Two std's is a 95% confidence, not 90% o

Rodney

19-01-2006 00:11:48

[quote47a5b38fc0]Actually, it kind of is because I am trying to go green quickly for those I trade with. The quicker you green the quicker or closer you are to getting your freebie, request TR (if applicable), and great feedback. And if it takes 15 days or longer then that 15 days or longer that I have to wait to possibly getting my freebie in the making (the process of ordering, getting approval, blah, blah, blah), right, and TR and feedback[/quote47a5b38fc0]

I understand all that )

But what I didn't get about your post was that you labeled it "URGENT" (I didn't see the urgency...although I can admit freebies do make one impatient).

And then you later commented

[quote47a5b38fc0]Why 15 days and not 16 days or 17 or 30 days?

Because no system is perfect why can't I contact you all after the allotted time specified for that offer again? What is about the number 15?[/quote47a5b38fc0]

As if you were suggesting maybe longer times would be fine as well, as long as you just had a "reason" behind the number.

Having a "reason" behind the number doesn't seem like it would help you get your freebies faster. Having a reason behind the number doesn't seem like it would make your trades go fast (just having the reason), and requesting a reason doesn't seem like an urgent cause.

This is not an attack in any way ) I was just trying to follow your logic in this thread and try to offer a couple possible reasons why they picked the number 15. Those reasons being "why not" and "advertisers may have a 2 week max waiting period before they have to report their conversions and tracking".

The defense rests ;)

MusicStats

19-01-2006 09:02:01

Yeah their policy makes sense. They would expect 7-10 days, but it can be up to 15 if something goes wrong.

What's wrong with that?