Well... this sucks.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=30577

refs4me

16-01-2006 07:49:58

FedEx just called me to tell me that my package for the V2000 is lost/missing. They have sent inquiries to the Oakland station. The last tracking detail is that it departinged Oakland Station two days ago at 259AM. I hope HP insured these packages. Seems like it's going to get into a complicated ordeal.

I just wanted my laptop before school. Shucks.

Coolbgdog

16-01-2006 08:48:45

whoa. Man that sucks. Hope that doesnt happen to my package. Well at least one thing for sure you didnt buy it yourself and it has to get replaced. Hope they find it.

J4320

16-01-2006 09:23:44

That does suck. Hopefully everything will work out. (

refs4me

16-01-2006 09:24:29

What's sad is that I heard stories from FedEx workers about slapping their own stamps on packages and having them shipped back to their place. Especially if a package has a brand company name on it such as Apple or HP. I just hope that didn't happen.

I'm not sure how I would handle it. I really don't want to rely on Freepay to deal with it seeing all the work that they are in the middle of.

shamash

16-01-2006 09:39:06

[quote3106e45301="refs4me"]What's sad is that I heard stories from FedEx workers about slapping their own stamps on packages and having them shipped back to their place. Especially if a package has a brand company name on it such as Apple or HP. I just hope that didn't happen.

I'm not sure how I would handle it. I really don't want to rely on Freepay to deal with it seeing all the work that they are in the middle of.[/quote3106e45301]

That sounds like a great idea. I should become a fedex worker O

arjun

16-01-2006 13:25:07

man that must really suck i think u shud jus wait and not worry 2 much freepay are pretty reliable

dshap

16-01-2006 14:54:50

[quotea0babbaeb6="refs4me"]I really don't want to rely on Freepay to deal with it[/quotea0babbaeb6]

lol, i wouldn't either.

[quotea0babbaeb6="Gratis Internet"]In the event that an item is lost, Gratis Internet will make a reasonable effort to track the package and replace it if necessary.[/quotea0babbaeb6]

you can never be sure what a "resaonable effort" is these days with regard to customer support -\

i hope it works out for you and you get your computer man, best of luck.

hehehhehe

16-01-2006 15:18:33

If fedex loses the packages, aren't they responsible for compensating for the package?

MusicStats

16-01-2006 16:52:47

Fed Ex is terrible. They broke my TV and it was QUITE the ordeal to get it replaced.

refs4me

16-01-2006 19:35:40

While it's in FedEx's possession, they should be responsible. However, if they were fully responsible, I don't understand the point of insurance is. I'm not sure if HP insures their packages or not.

The reason I'm worried about Freepay dealing with it is because they are already so busy with all the other stuff. If on top of that they have to talk to FedEx and HP to track the package down, or if actually lost, replace it, it might be quite an ordeal.

We had a TV that was damaged in shipping once. Took two months just to get a replacement. There's no word yet on my package, FedEx just told me that there's a possibility it might turn up tomorrow morning. But they told me this morning it may turn up today as well.

Sigh... school is tomorrow, I just wanted to use GoBinder to take notes. WHY ME?

I'm not sure how far Freepay is willing to go to help me out, so I'll see when FedEx either admits they lost it or they actually find it.

dudelovesFinch1035

16-01-2006 19:39:24

Thats why I go with the motto for shipping "What can brown do to you?" and DHL...of course )

timmerk

01-02-2006 00:26:07

Fedex has been more reliable for me then UPS. I don't know about DHL.

crescendo

01-02-2006 06:04:26

add me to the list of people who had to spend months getting a broken tv sorted out with fedex

kdollar

01-02-2006 08:49:21

classic case of the package falling off the truck, sorry man that sucks, even if u get it replaced u will wait so long, u wont even get to enjoy the new one.

firegate

01-02-2006 09:06:25

I am not sure how long you will have to wait. I wouldn't be so discouraged yet. When I did the freeipods site with freepay they sent me my iPod and it was never delivered to me. Of course, a signature was required and I didn't sign anything so there was no real dispute (such as in your case since fedex has taken the blame). Freepay immediately sent me a new ipod and I received it two days after I should have received the original one. Freepay will send you another and they will file a request for reimbursement for the original from fedex.

nobody2000

01-02-2006 09:10:55

Fedex broke an apple computer i shipped to a customer (a G5 Powermac tower)...and I'm fucking pissed

SonicPower

01-02-2006 09:11:29

UPS sucks.

They lose my packages, and the ones that make it through always arrive crushed.

UPS steals packages, too.

FedEx and DHL handle my packages with care.

kdollar

01-02-2006 09:28:59

[quotef70dc9638f="SonicPower"]UPS sucks.

They lose my packages, and the ones that make it through always arrive crushed.

UPS steals packages, too.

FedEx and DHL handle my packages with care.[/quotef70dc9638f]

ups is really jim carrey in the beginning of ace ventura, delivering that box.

kevxross

01-02-2006 09:39:08

Everyone has different experiences with couriers. Fedex and UPS are great to me, but DHL likes to play soccer with my packages. I think we'll all agree though that USPS is the worst.

You don't usually have much control when you're receiving, but whenever you send out a package of high value just make sure you insure it.

JesusNerd

02-02-2006 16:32:27

I've dealt with them all. FedEx so far has been my worst experience. They kept on not delivering my package for days, with it continually saying "No attempt made". Then when it got here, it was soaked, banged up, and there were giant holes in the box. It was quite comical. Luckily the items weren't things that could be affected by dampness and nothing was damaged.