Is it possible to get a straight answer from Gratis?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3056

Pooh

10-11-2004 13:53:19

I never had multiple accounts and all my referrals were unique and completed offers. How do I know, cause I emailed all of them and asked ...

So I was placed on hold and keep getting generic answers to my questions. Here is my last question

[quote1b2cca8595]Thanks for your latest response. I understand Gratis takes fraud seriously. I have not set up multiple accounts and I live alone in my household. The only reason I can think Is that I changed my email= address on my account at one time from, email=daluxbeatfactory@hotmail.comdaluxbeatfactory@hotmail.com address on my account at one time from, email=daluxbeatfactory@hotmail.comdaluxbeatfactory@hotmail.com/email to email==daluxbeatfactory@yahoo.comdaluxbeatfactory@yahoo.com=daluxbeatfactory@yahoo.comdaluxbeatfactory@yahoo.com/email . Could that have caused a red flag for Gratis? I guarantee I have been 100%v honest in signing up for my account and have work to get my 5 needed referrals. From our the replies from Customer Service I take it I am being accused of multiple accounts, which is completely wrong. How can I get this cleared up?[/quote1b2cca8595]

Here is their response
[quote1b2cca8595]Thanks for writing in about your account's status. We have placed your account on hold due to suspicion of fraud. We have taken a closer look at your account, and have decided that it will remain on HOLD status. Due to high levels of fraud, we are forced to take actions against users who attempt to take advantage of our free offer. The reasons for this action may include multiple accounts, improper offer completions, more than one account to the same household, etc. We take all types of fraud very seriously, and since we give our products away for free, we cannot afford to be lenient on dishonest methods users try to obtain their free items. [/quote1b2cca8595]

We have been going back and forth since 11/1 ... what gives? I have the feeling they are trying to blow me off ... I did my part .... they aren't doing theirs .....

chillywilly

10-11-2004 14:02:50

wrong forum. you need to post this over on Account Issues

Bonga

10-11-2004 14:03:40

i need a response to begin with... then i guess i will know how u feel =/

hacktek

10-11-2004 14:11:18

You'll get a straight answer 1% of the time, the other 99% will be auto responses

hemingway2

10-11-2004 14:59:30

what email address are you even using to reach them.

l0th

10-11-2004 15:00:50

I'm even surprised you got that answer. They're not supposed to justify how they place hold on people at all.

hemingway2

10-11-2004 16:16:45

[quoted21e4c2f77="l0th"]I'm even surprised you got that answer. They're not supposed to justify how they place hold on people at all.[/quoted21e4c2f77]

there are apparently a lot (including myself) of people who were put (falsely) on hold for freephotoipods. i really am curious what is happening over there. i got all my ref's (13 complete, 4 pending) in legit ways. i mean hell, i know the rules inside out and have completed freeipods and freeflatscreens properly. why would i suddenly do this one wrong?

Pooh

10-11-2004 16:47:29

[quoteb3441a372e="hemingway2"]what email address are you even using to reach them.[/quoteb3441a372e]

I am using the email thingy through the site .... is their a better way to contact them?

hemingway2

10-11-2004 19:42:44

[quoteb190055694="Pooh"][quoteb190055694="hemingway2"]what email address are you even using to reach them.[/quoteb190055694]

I am using the email thingy through the site .... is their a better way to contact them?[/quoteb190055694]

wheres the email them through the site.
what path do you take in help/faq

i always get sent back to the main screen.

brywalker

10-11-2004 19:47:11

It doesn't suprise me that a lot of people are getting put on hold for freephotoipods. The speed that the first people got all their referrals, along with the fact that it is a $500 item that I'm sure they don't want to give away, lead me to believe that there are going to be a lot of people put on hold for fpi.

CAP96A

10-11-2004 19:56:49

Yup, I am another victim of being placed on hold especially with 8 out of 10 needed referrals and I have no idea what happened. I wrote them an e-mail through the FAQ. I still have an open ticket regarding matter since no one replied. It's quite possible we're out of luck. Like the previous posts said, they don't have to justify why they put us on hold. In addition, like someone mentioned, the speed of getting referrals may be the reason? Who knows. Fingers crossed

hemingway2

10-11-2004 20:10:39

again, how are you contacting them through the faq. im not a moron, but i cant find the link anywhere. whenever i click on somethign apropos of 'contacting customer service' it takes me back to the main faq page. like some sick joke.

also, why should the speed of how we got our referrals matter. if the manner we got them was legit. i can only imagine how fast the first person who has their link on this websites front page gets referrals, it's still a legit manner. my referrals are all unqiue, not walkedthough (they are spread around the country), and all completed offers they are interested in. i stuck ot the rules, yet im on hold. and getting no responses anywhere (i sent emails to customerservice@ and posted a thread in the account help forum).

i understand gratis' need to be strict on fraud, but they can at least respond to our inquiries about why we are (falsely) on hold, and try to work with us to get it solved.

this 'dont have to justify it' response is slightly unsettling. we participated in a promotion justly and are getting the brunt end of a stick. i'd love to see in fine print on a lottery ticket saying 'we dont have to pay you - just if we dont feel like it'.

no other emotion except, sigh.

cheers.

be8732

10-11-2004 20:13:33

it's weird...sometimes it'll take u to the next part and other times it takes u back to the main page...usually the latter

CAP96A

10-11-2004 21:56:12

I totally agree with hemingway - couldn't have said it any better!

hemingway2

11-11-2004 00:33:59

[quote9e4a4e7a5d="CAP96A"]I totally agree with hemingway - couldn't have said it any better![/quote9e4a4e7a5d]

cheers mate.