is there a "unique individual" at Gratis?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2978

l0th

09-11-2004 04:37:11

I have a problem with one of my referrals who didn't get approved when his account was reviewed for the freephotoipods deal. We've both tried to contact Gratis support through their internal support system, but all we get are vague automated answers about not being a "unique individual". I think I understand what Gratis accuses my referral of, and although I don't know my referral personally, I've been in touch with him and I'm inclined to believe him when he tells me he's done nothing wrong.

Now, does anyone know if there's a way we can contact a [b816930e273]real[/b816930e273] person at Gratis who will tell us more about this, and possibly help us fixing the problem?

brywalker

09-11-2004 09:27:56

Harry used to come around, but I am going to guess they are either super busy or not allowed to come around anymore.

Have you been put on hold? Or did just one of your referrals get flagged?

ksg

09-11-2004 09:33:38

According to WHOIS, this is their phone #. Haven't tried it though

(202) 595-9123

l0th

09-11-2004 11:04:12

[quote405bfcc292]Have you been put on hold? Or did just one of your referrals get flagged?[/quote405bfcc292]

It's one of my referrals, that's why I can't be sure this is complete mistake, he might have done something wrong, I have no way of being certain. But still, I'd like to know what's Gratis way of deciding how someone is not a "unique individual".

SoBeIcedT

09-11-2004 11:22:44

[quotecfc071ee5f="ksg"]According to WHOIS, this is their phone #. Haven't tried it though

(202) 595-9123[/quotecfc071ee5f]

That number does not work

l0th

09-11-2004 12:16:28

I'll give you an update

now one of my referrals has the same problem as me one of his referral was not approved. Of course, he didn't get any answer from Gratis, except for this same automated answer that is like no answer.

So now, I ask the question is flagging people randomly as "not unique individuals" the way Gratis has found to make sure not too many people complete the free photo ipod deal? If at each level of a chain of referrals you can spot one, that's a lot of money you're saving.

The only person I know who got is ten referrals completed is my referral Gratis decided not to approve...

CAP96A

09-11-2004 12:39:17

Were you put on hold?

TheKing

09-11-2004 12:47:16

hmm that's an interesting thought l0th. I would like to think they don't randomly flag people and most holds are just misunderstandings. I was put on hold a week or so ago and still have no clue why. I sent them an email asking why and they took me off hold. I think they might just be really strict on any remotely close case of potential abuse. Good luck with it and just keep being persistent

l0th

09-11-2004 13:02:38

[quote535d2792f5]Were you put on hold?[/quote535d2792f5]

No. One of my referrals was. As well as one referral of one of my referrals (a grand-referral if you will ))

[quote535d2792f5]I sent them an email asking why and they took me off hold.[/quote535d2792f5]

Who did you send your e-mail too? That would very helpful if you could share this information here.

[quote535d2792f5]I think they might just be really strict on any remotely close case of potential abuse.[/quote535d2792f5]

That's what I want to think to. And I understand why they would want to be strict, after all, there's a lot of money at stake for them. What I'm suspicious of is the fact there seem to be no way of telling them you think they made a mistake and ask them to review your case more closely.

CAP96A

09-11-2004 13:15:51

I didn't even make the 10 needed refs for the photoipod I got up to 6 and checked this morning and I was placed on hold. Spoke about this in the account help discussion. I have no idea why I was put on hold - I'm hoping for good news, but at this point can only go through the FAQ and ask questions.

l0th

09-11-2004 13:18:43

well, the two people I'm speaking for tried that too (ask question through their internal support system) and they are still on hold, so, unless they're really guilty of fraudulent activity, it seems to me that there's definitely something random about this putting on hold business.

TheKing

09-11-2004 13:23:58

[quote026ebaec8b]Who did you send your e-mail too? That would very helpful if you could share this information here.[/quote026ebaec8b]

Ah I'm sorry I worded that wrong. I meant to say I filled in the form you are supposed to use via the FAQ/Help section. It took two days for a generic response about how important it is to prevent fraud and more importantly they took my referrals and my account off hold status. I apologize for any confusion.

CAP96A

09-11-2004 13:26:48

yup, seems like I'm out of luck. That would suck if people are randomly put on hold.

l0th

09-11-2004 13:27:48

well, we'll wait some more then and hope everything will clear-up.

In the meantime, if anyone has an e-mail address we could write to to get in touch with some real person at Gratis...

hemingway2

09-11-2004 13:55:43

i personally was put on hold after getting 12 greens (1 not approved - i found out later he had his roomate sign up under him. fine i still have 11, more then enough).

and somehow, now im on hold. (unique refferals canned reason).
i am certain i've done no wrong, and cannot figure it out for the life of me.

from what it seems, Harry (harry989) hasn't been around since oct29. doesn't look good for us.

also when will gratis finally fix the help/faq section, every useful link goes back to the main menu. i once (once!) was able to navigate to a customer service form, and opened an issue. though that path is no longer available and cannot open any support ticket now.

and theres no contact info.

they leave us NO WAY to reach them. thats what upsetting.
especially becasue if you read many of harry's old posts, there are misunderstandings which need to be cleared up.

im hopefully looking for a smooth remedy to emerge.

best of luck all.