Anyone tried contacting Gratis about the odd shipments?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2974

ashitaka

09-11-2004 00:01:55

Hey, I'm a 10/22 still STV, but I'm wondering... has anyone tried to contact Gratis and ask them what's up? I'd like to know, but I don't want to be the 100,000,001th person to message them about it. Plus, I'm curious if they're even responding. Let me know if they tell you anything about why some 10/28's have shipped and we haven't. Thanks.

mwg3c

09-11-2004 00:47:17

i'd like to know as well.... anyone contacted them??

usedtobeamember

09-11-2004 01:16:55

i sent them a message yesterday (Monday) , might get back to me today or tomorrow

l0th

09-11-2004 04:26:37

I don't know about this specific issue, but my experience with the (new) Gratis support is that you get an automated answer but nothing else.

CollidgeGraduit

09-11-2004 05:22:23

I always got a great response from them (before I was a moderator here). Maybe I just phrased my questions the right way.

l0th

09-11-2004 05:26:00

that's why I'm only talking about their [bacecdc33c0]new[/bacecdc33c0] support system.

it's all automated, and maybe I didn't look hard enough on the freephotoipods website, but I couldn't find any support e-mail address to write to.

CollidgeGraduit

09-11-2004 05:27:40

And that's what I used. I've only been a mod here for about 2 weeks.

l0th

09-11-2004 05:28:48

I guess I'm just unlucky then.

stuthemonkey

09-11-2004 05:33:11

CollidgeGraduit if you manage to get ahold of a real person and get an answer about the randomness of order number vs' shipping please let us all know.

CollidgeGraduit

09-11-2004 05:35:53

I got my iPod and Flat Screen over 2 weeks ago, so I haven't bothered trying to contact them -- other than a thank you e-mail a couple of days later. They aren't going to answer e-mails about the randomness or order status... all you can do is sit back, and wait.

l0th

09-11-2004 05:38:10

I've tried to contact them about one of my referrals who wasn't approved, and no matter how I phrase my question, this is the answer I get

[quote418f9b4262]IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE RECEIVE YOUR FREE PRODUCT YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING

Successfully complete at least one offer from our site and have your individual referrals successfully complete at least one offer each.

The necessary number of referrals for this offer is listed in the site Terms & Conditions here on the website.

These referrals must be unique individuals; you will not receive credit for users that are not unique.

You must meet the individual offer completion requirement and have the required number of referrals complete offers in order to receive your free product. You cannot substitute your offer completion(s) in place of having your referrals complete offers; Nor can a referral’s offer completion substitute for your offer completion requirement.

In order to receive referral credit for your account, your referrals must join via your unique referral link. You can send your referral link to your friends via email, instant messaging, or you can post your referral link online for them to use. They must join correctly using this link or your account will not receive credit for them. Of note The order you or your referrals complete offers in will have no effect on receiving credit for offer completion, only correctly completing an offer will affect this. Account verification also will have no effect on this process, but must be completed before you can be approved to place an order.[/quote418f9b4262]

You can always ask what a "unique individual" is more precisely, or how they decide who's one and who's not, or if there's any way we can fix things if you believe you've been labeled "not unique individual" while you are one, etc... no matter what, this is the answer you'll get on that particular issue.

Now, maybe questions like "how can I refer more people" receive more detailed and personalized responses, I don't know, I didn't need to ask to send them offer 50 people who signed-up [b418f9b4262]and[/b418f9b4262] completed an offer.

l0th

09-11-2004 05:41:17

[quoteca4f631cd1]I always got a great response from them (before I was a moderator here). Maybe I just phrased my questions the right way.[/quoteca4f631cd1]

[quoteca4f631cd1]I got my iPod and Flat Screen over 2 weeks ago, so I haven't bothered trying to contact them -- other than a thank you e-mail a couple of days later[/quoteca4f631cd1]

OK then, I guess not asking anything is the best way to phrase your question. That's how we get answers then right?

Rainman

09-11-2004 07:52:42

I got an automated message i believe when i tried to contac them

Thank you for contacting us regarding the status of your order.

We understand the desire to know exactly when you will receive your order and additional planning that goes along with that.

Due to the high volume of customer inquiries, we cannot provide each person with a time frame of when they will each receive their order.

We ask that you be patient during the order fulfillment process with us, as it is not an "instantaneous" process. Orders are grouped together in the time period that they are initially placed by the customer and then sent to the product's vendor at a later date for the group of orders to be fulfilled.

Once your order is placed with the product vendor your order is processed and then shipped to you.

When your order ships you will be notified and will receive tracking information to follow your order's shipment. Please be patient and your account will be updated when your order ships.

We are working hard behind the scenes to get your order out to you as fast as possible. Again, we cannot provide individual order updates; your account will update itself as soon as any change to your order status occurs.

On 11/8/2004 122054 PM wrote
I ordered my ipod on 10/04 was sent to vendor on 10/13 still have not shipped and there are other people who have ordered after me that have already recieved their order's what is the deal with that? Should I have received mine before they did?

CollidgeGraduit

09-11-2004 07:56:28

In other words... Quit bugging us, be patient, and you'll get your damn iPod!

crow216

09-11-2004 08:56:32

Ok this is what happens and I am almost SURE of it. Gratis tells the vendor exactly what to send out. Now of course Gratis probably does this in a particular order but by no means does the vendor have to send them out in the same order. By the time the vendor is ready to send them out they have 1000 shipments to send and they probably do it starting from the top or in no order at all. That is why I think some of the 10/28's and 10/22's got shipped already as well....whatever they see that needs to be shipped out they just send it, not by date or anything.

l0th

09-11-2004 11:08:12

[quoted89772dbce]In other words... Quit bugging us, be patient, and you'll get your damn iPod![/quoted89772dbce]

Great! So I'll get my photo ipod with only 9 completed and approved referrals?

Sweet! I'll just wait then.