Chances are if your status is still STV, you haven't shipped

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2932

brywalker

08-11-2004 13:00:03

I called FedEx to see if any packages were coming my way (since the Ingram Micros have been sent FedEx) and nothing is coming.

UPS needs a tracking number, but seeing that Shanghai and IM both use FedEx, chances are higher that FedEx will be the primary carrier. I know that there are people that were shipped via UPS, but they are the minority.

So congrats on those who were able to get theirs so quickly after completing/ordering. Boo to Gratis for once again dropping the ball. It is going to be VERY hard for people to recommend doing what we have after stuff like this.

spyderfry

08-11-2004 13:03:05

I agree. This is not a good way to get additional business. As it stands now, I would recommend offercentric over gratis any day. Who am I kidding...I just want my free ipod. I got my hopes up for last week, and when it didn't happen, and later dates shipped, I got pissed. x

brywalker

08-11-2004 13:06:53

I bet I will see my photo iPod before my 20gb. (

spyderfry

08-11-2004 13:09:55

Sadly, you can count on it.

chillywilly

08-11-2004 14:21:18

As much as I don't want to sound ungrateful, but there is a point of getting the free iPod, at least from Gratis' point of view. Their business model is based on getting more people to sign up under others.

Their carrot for more customers and to prove they are not some scam is to actually get customers their iPods.

If they under estimated how big their business would get, then they under estimated how shitty the economy is and what people would do to get something cool for free.

So Gratis really needs to work on getting these iPods out there. I would say that for every 40 people that sign up, only 3 are completing the offer and getting their referrals and being eligible for a free iPod. This is just a wild ass guess, but it's also based on some other marketing business objects of similar nature.

Their goal should be to get iPods out to people fast. I have a friend at work that is more than willing to go get 5 referrals to get his iPod, but if I don't get mine from Gratis, I'll be more than happy to get him over to OfferCentric to sign up.

Of course, my big issue with OfferCentric is the low availability of offers that take less than 2 weeks to give credit. But that's another forum and thread.

Santa

08-11-2004 14:25:28

Offer Centric takes max 2-5 days for an offer to go green. Most of the time 2.

Gratis needs help as soon as possible. It is not fair, don't me it was for free. Becuase it wasn't for free.

chillywilly

08-11-2004 14:52:45

[quoteaf56abc163="Santa"]Offer Centric takes max 2-5 days for an offer to go green. Most of the time 2.[/quoteaf56abc163]
Only one of my offers and one of my referrals took 2 days. I'm still waiting for 2 referrals and one of my offers to credit. It's now been 16 days.

Gratis, at least in that repsect, didn't take more than 5 days.

magik

08-11-2004 14:53:06

I would still do OfferCentric over Gratis anyday. I'd rather wait a couple weeks for an offer to go green than several months for status changes, its just seems so ridiculous if you ask me.

nancy52

08-11-2004 14:54:02

where do you guys get your referrals ? (

brywalker

08-11-2004 14:59:04

Remember, it really isn't FREE.

You paid for a service when you completed your offer.

Then you headhunted for 5 other referrals. That is work. Work = pay.