People with their iPods or shipped...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2877

LaurencePLJ

07-11-2004 08:02:04

Describe your experience with Freeipods.com, tell about the whole process. Was it hard, easy,what happened?

shooby

07-11-2004 08:11:31

I dunno if I shipped yet, but it was hard work! I could have been STV in August, but no one believed me. It took me 2 months to get referrals!!! And then, waiting sux even more

brywalker

07-11-2004 08:12:18

Well I haven't gotten mine yet, but I have to chime in.

Getting the referrals wasn't too hard. I hit up 5 friends. Sold them on offers they dig (sort of like selling magazines for school) and got all 5 within 5 days.

It was hard to convince those about the iPod, because we don't personally know anyone that had gotten theirs.

Then I put in for approval, and was completely convinced that I was going to be put on hold (at that time, it was the "in" thing to be put on hold). Got approved and sent to vendor on 10/13.

Now I am watching people that were sent to vendor weeks after me get shipped.

I know a lot of other people that are going to sign up (obviously not under me now) after I get my iPod. A proof of concept, so to speak. But it is really really hard to keep telling them week after week that it is on backorder. It really hurts my credibility.

Otherwise, all good?

PallarAndersVisa

07-11-2004 09:34:50

most people that got their ipods dont post here anymore.
I dont know why I keep coming back. boredom probably

imetazoa

07-11-2004 10:23:31

yeah it took me a lot of begging to get my referrals... and everyone keeps asking me when i'm going to get my ipod and i tell them that its coming and they are like "suuuuree" and i want it to come so i can just be like "HA fuck you all!!".... but so far... no dice.

hacktek

07-11-2004 11:36:49

I got it, the experience was good overall, although it did take me like a month to get all 5 referrals and about a month and a half after that. I'm very happy with the ipod, and i'm only 2 refs away from the flatscreen D

shooby

07-11-2004 13:26:33

[quote192e7bc67b="imetazoa"]yeah it took me a lot of begging to get my referrals... and everyone keeps asking me when i'm going to get my ipod and i tell them that its coming and they are like "suuuuree" and i want it to come so i can just be like "HA fuck you all!!".... but so far... no dice.[/quote192e7bc67b]

Same, I have a friend who asks me every fucking day! And I tell him, "It's coming!" And he says, "You're fucked"

Can't wait to see the look on his face when I show it to him.

Malformed

07-11-2004 13:31:02

[quote8d041ee3a1="shooby"][quote8d041ee3a1="imetazoa"]yeah it took me a lot of begging to get my referrals... and everyone keeps asking me when i'm going to get my ipod and i tell them that its coming and they are like "suuuuree" and i want it to come so i can just be like "HA fuck you all!!".... but so far... no dice.[/quote8d041ee3a1]

Same, I have a friend who asks me every fucking day! And I tell him, "It's coming!" And he says, "You're fucked"

Can't wait to see the look on his face when I show it to him.[/quote8d041ee3a1]

yea, thats what ive been saying...
took me months to get all the refs... and i finaly went STV 10/22 and told everyone HAH! im getting my free ipod.
whos the bitch now?!

and then my account got put on hold 11/01 after being stv for over a week.
i guess it turns out that, IM the bitch eh?
i was legit, i didnt break any rules at all and they still put me on hold AFTER being STV for over a week...

so dont go getting all happy so soon, theres still a chance they will put you on hold for whatever reason.