Gratis Is Driving Me Nuts...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=277

jtfields

17-09-2004 12:16:17

I recently completed my five referrals. One of them was my dad who has a similar e-mail address as me and lives down the street from me so has a similar physical address as well. Sure enough when I tried to get my account approved they placed me on hold because his referral was deemed to not be unique. So I, of course, sent Gratis a message to clear things up and even included a link to a Yahoo People Search for my last name in my city so that you can clearly see the two simlar names and addresses. I assumed I would never hear anything but much to my surprise I received the following e-mail two days later

"Thank you for your patience. We have verified your referral and have taken it off hold status.

As a reminder, we do not allow multiple accounts for the same user. Nor do we allow more than 1 account per household. We take all and all types of fraud very seriously, and since we give our products away for free, we cannot afford to be lenient on dishonest methods users try to obtain their free items.

Thanks,

FreeiPods.com Support

http//www.FreeiPods.com"

When I checked my account status I was no longer on hold but had to resubmit for approval again. I just now checked my account status and I have once again been placed on hold because the SAME referral has been deemed once again to not be unique. I just sent another e-mail re-explaining what I have already explained once before. I suppose if I get taken off of hold status again I will go ahead and get a sixth referral before I resubmit.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just needed somewhere to vent. These guys are killin' me... x

It shouldn't be so difficult to get something for free. wink

JGrayland

17-09-2004 12:18:45

Still wondering how I managed to slip by.... the only thing i can think of is they got my email EXPLAINING how one was fake, and just ignored me, and i got another (6th) referral right after.

i didnt even try to pretend it was a 2nd person, maybe they ignored it right from the beginning???

i dunno.

Xcaret

18-09-2004 10:21:17

oo sucks to cheat ?

titan

19-09-2004 19:39:15

Cheating is bad and not tolerated here.

jtfields

19-09-2004 19:47:55

I'm assuming you guys are referring to JGrayland's post? I've in no way attempted to get around the terms and conditions set forth by Gratis. That's what's so frustrating about the whole thing. (

jtfields

21-09-2004 20:40:41

Okay, so this is now turning into the thread on which I seem to do a lot of whining. wink

Yesterday they inexplicably rejected a referral from my brother-in-law. I have no clue as to why. Strangely it happened almost a week after they rejected the approval from my parents. He lives in the same city as I but otherwise has no other commonality (last name is different, etc.) I'm still waiting on an answer about the referral from my parents so I haven't bothered to e-mail them to find out why.

I'm frustrated to the point where I'm ready to give up which is probably what they want. They may claim that they are trying to prevent fraud but I think they are inventing reasons not to approve referrals so that they don't have to give away iPods or so they can force you to get more referrals. Both my parents and my brother-in-law signed up for one of the offers for which I'm sure Gratis gladly accepted a fee yet they won't give me credit for it. Unless I read something stating that everytime they reject a referral because they believe it to be fraud that they then refund the fee they received back to the advertiser then I am going to stay convinced that they are just trying to find ways to get out of their obligation. x