freeipods.com getting political!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2599

magik

01-11-2004 18:53:34

[quote022d62c9df="freeipods.com"]Tuesday November 2nd is Election Day. Don't forget to VOTE![/quote022d62c9df]

I'll vote for whoever you want me to if you'd just ship my damn iPod!! twisted

Da_KilLa

01-11-2004 19:40:30

I second that.
Vote for kerry get 2 people to do the same and get a free sticker whoooooooooooo.

CoMpFrEaK

01-11-2004 19:43:36

ha ha i wanted to make a post about that too

EatChex89

01-11-2004 20:33:22

[quote31be32ad32="CoMpFrEaK"]ha ha i wanted to make a post about that too[/quote31be32ad32]

ditto

vote bush, not kerry

emoemodude

01-11-2004 20:45:02

[quote8dfa947e95="EatChex89"][quote8dfa947e95="CoMpFrEaK"]ha ha i wanted to make a post about that too[/quote8dfa947e95]

ditto

vote bush, not kerry[/quote8dfa947e95]
Bush all the way

joshmiao

01-11-2004 21:15:27

[quoteefc558dda8="emoemodude"][quoteefc558dda8="EatChex89"][quoteefc558dda8="CoMpFrEaK"]ha ha i wanted to make a post about that too[/quoteefc558dda8]

ditto

vote bush, not kerry[/quoteefc558dda8]
Bush all the way[/quoteefc558dda8]

Drugs kills people
Gangs kills people
Kerry will kill people.

Vote Bush

That was a poster i saw up on a wall at school.

PoleMan14

01-11-2004 21:35:07

Bush is wasting so much money on drugs....if people want to do drugs I could care less...I could think of a million better ways to use the money......I will be voting for Kerry

Da_KilLa

01-11-2004 21:52:32

[quote8edd1cc99a="PoleMan14"]Bush is wasting so much money on drugs....if people want to do drugs I could care less...I could think of a million better ways to use the money......I will be voting for Kerry[/quote8edd1cc99a]
I could really agree. The drug war has never even hit anything. If people want drugs they are easily accessible. what is the point of incarcerating people because of trafficing a substince that only hurts the user when they are asking for it. I really think victomless crimes should not be imprisoned.

tfc

01-11-2004 21:54:58

[quoteb4472edabb="joshmiao"][quoteb4472edabb="emoemodude"][quoteb4472edabb="EatChex89"][quoteb4472edabb="CoMpFrEaK"]ha ha i wanted to make a post about that too[/quoteb4472edabb]

ditto

vote bush, not kerry[/quoteb4472edabb]
Bush all the way[/quoteb4472edabb]

Drugs kills people
Gangs kills people
Kerry will kill people.

Vote Bush

That was a poster i saw up on a wall at school.[/quoteb4472edabb]

Wouldnt Surprise me with all this republican lies and brainwashing,
people who vote for Bush have been brainwashed and are in denial of reality - open your eyes people - Bush is nice Guy but the worst president in History (Biggest dept in history, worst economy in history, loosing a war, Bin Laden still at large, terrible administration of lies)

Sure Bush is a funnier Guy but
Kerry is 100 times smarter
Kerry is 100 times better comander in chief, he has been to war unlike Bush who failed this country.
Sure Kerry will kill people - Bin Landen thats who he will kill

PoleMan14

01-11-2004 22:13:41

[quote7a07e9e8cc="tfc"][quote7a07e9e8cc="joshmiao"][quote7a07e9e8cc="emoemodude"][quote7a07e9e8cc="EatChex89"][quote7a07e9e8cc="CoMpFrEaK"]ha ha i wanted to make a post about that too[/quote7a07e9e8cc]

ditto

vote bush, not kerry[/quote7a07e9e8cc]
Bush all the way[/quote7a07e9e8cc]

Drugs kills people
Gangs kills people
Kerry will kill people.

Vote Bush

That was a poster i saw up on a wall at school.[/quote7a07e9e8cc]

Wouldnt Surprise me with all this republican lies and brainwashing,
people who vote for Bush have been brainwashed and are in denial of reality - open your eyes people - Bush is nice Guy but the worst president in History (Biggest dept in history, worst economy in history, loosing a war, Bin Laden still at large, terrible administration of lies)

Kerry is 100 times better comander in chief, he has been to war unlike Bush who failed this country.
Sure Kerry will kill people - Bin Landen thats who he will kill[/quote7a07e9e8cc]

Yes, thank you. Wake up people. Here is a cool video

http//www.knife-party.net/flash/barry.html

shifuimam

01-11-2004 22:23:03

[quote006d06a73d="tfc"]Wouldnt Surprise me with all this republican lies and brainwashing,

Sure Kerry will kill people - Bin Landen thats who he will kill[/quote006d06a73d]

...and you've been brainwashed by Michael Moore and Jon Stewart and the media in general.

You're just as much of a follower as anyone else. What's your point?

[edit]HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just noticed you used the "kerry's been to war" line of purple heart BULLSHIT as part of your defense. That is utterly ridiculous, as I'm sure practically everyone on the planet knows by now.

"I got a purple heart for defaming the name of my fellow armymen for going to Vietnam - and I'll do whatever Bush doesn't do, neener neener neener."

Yeah. 100 times smarter, eh?

magik

02-11-2004 06:58:50

[quote6035494ecf="shifuimam"][quote6035494ecf="tfc"]Wouldnt Surprise me with all this republican lies and brainwashing,

Sure Kerry will kill people - Bin Landen thats who he will kill[/quote6035494ecf]

...and you've been brainwashed by Michael Moore and Jon Stewart and the media in general.

You're just as much of a follower as anyone else. What's your point?

[edit]HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just noticed you used the "kerry's been to war" line of purple heart BULLSHIT as part of your defense. That is utterly ridiculous, as I'm sure practically everyone on the planet knows by now.

"I got a purple heart for defaming the name of my fellow armymen for going to Vietnam - and I'll do whatever Bush doesn't do, neener neener neener."

Yeah. 100 times smarter, eh?[/quote6035494ecf]

Well, sorry to say, but doing "whatever Bush doesn't do" would probably be "100 times smarter" anyway...

CoMpFrEaK

02-11-2004 07:03:09

you must be a supporter of the patriot act then roll

caveman

02-11-2004 07:55:42

[quote6c4768afea="CoMpFrEaK"]you must be a supporter of the patriot act then roll[/quote6c4768afea]
ZIEG HEIL!!! ALL FEAR DER FUHRER ASHCROFT!!!!!!!

spyderfry

02-11-2004 08:38:47

Wenn du Deutsch sprechen willst, shau mal an dich selbst und mach es richtig, du kommunist schwein! 8)

shifuimam

02-11-2004 08:39:55

EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE COMMUNIST! IT WORKS, I PROMISE! THE USSR JUST FUCKED UP HOW THEY DID IT!

magik

02-11-2004 08:40:35

[quote52661d5b79="spyderfry"]Wenn du Deutsch sprechen willst, shau mal an dich selbst und mach es richtig, du kommunist schwein! 8)[/quote52661d5b79]

Whaddyou say about mah momma?! lol

l0th

02-11-2004 08:57:37

[quote36ca9adcec][edit]HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just noticed you used the "kerry's been to war" line of purple heart BULLSHIT as part of your defense. That is utterly ridiculous, as I'm sure practically everyone on the planet knows by now. [/quote36ca9adcec]

And you went to what war exactly to criticize here?

You're right about one thing though people around the planet know better what to think about this particular story because most people around the world don't have Fox News. Most people abroad indeed know that there is nothing wrong calling some of the US soldiers who went to Vietnam (or who are now in Iraq) war criminals. When you're a vet it must take a certain amount of courage to speak out these things.
Just put the plain facts (you might need to change channel or even use your reading skills to get at them) and the Geneva convention side by side and you'll get a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

spyderfry

02-11-2004 09:49:11

There are 2 topics of conversation that have not, nor will they ever be, settled by debate--especially via forums Politics and religion. Debate just makes stating our opinions easier. With that said, although I am a registered republican, I seriously considered voting for Kerry for a couple of weeks. Down the wire here, and with the help of Kerry's flip-flopping and black widow of a psychotic wife, I've decided to stay partisan and vote for W. Just so you know, I wish that there was a candidate running that was stronger on issues than both of the candidates.

BTW L0th, I respect your opinion, but if I came home from a war--whether I agreed with what happened there or not--I would not, under any circumstances, degrade my country and fellow soldiers in the traitorous manner in which he did. That was not courage IMO. What good came from his rant? He was still a soldier when he did this. Any soldier that openly and negatively criticized war time conditions in wars past would have been labeled a turncoat on the spot, and possibly even put in front of a firing squad. OH who am I kidding...I just want my FIP. I still like you L0th, but we don't have to agree. )

shifuimam

02-11-2004 10:01:44

I do agree. He denounced his fellow soldiers back then, but now makes a huge deal about a few purple hearts (and it is disputed how much he actually deserved them)...

It's like he should just auto-append "Oh, and I fought in Vietnam" to the end of ever single thing he says, since that seems to matter SO much to the country's future.

Vote commie.

l0th

02-11-2004 10:51:38

[quoteea73a62eb5]He was still a soldier when he did this. Any soldier that openly and negatively criticized war time conditions in wars past would have been labeled a turncoat on the spot, and possibly even put in front of a firing squad.[/quoteea73a62eb5]
What I don't understand is why that should be such an absolute and sacred commandment. You people should make a constitutional amendment stating that no soldier (whether on duty or not) should be allowed to criticize any military operation because it's been decided by the president of the USA (who, as everyone knows, is as infallible as the pope because he too is inspired by divine grace). I'm sure you've read or heard testimonies of soldiers who went or are now in Iraq and openly criticize the current war for being unfounded and very badly handled. And we're talking about people who are on the battlefield and are having daily contact with the people they were supposed to 'liberate'. And I really don't see what's wrong with that. I think that might be all the more true when most soldiers are drafted as was the case in Vietnam and didn't really have any choice, whether or not the 'commander in chief' was making a good or bad decision. But then, maybe contrary to what we've heard today from the mouth of the president, we shouldn't trust the people's choice and opinion.

[quoteea73a62eb5]with the help of Kerry's flip-flopping and black widow of a psychotic wife[/quoteea73a62eb5]

I don't understand either what's wrong with changing one's mind and why so many voters perceive stuborness as a presidential quality. And who cares about what the wives are up to? Teresa and Laura both could be into SM wicca communist rituals (to take a common example) and that would still be equal to me. You're not voting for who's going to be your neighbour or who you're going to have dinner with tomorrow night, you're voting for someone who's supposed to do a certain job. But I guess that this is as stupid as trying to argue that their hairdo doesn't really matter either...

[quoteea73a62eb5]I wish that there was a candidate running that was stronger on issues than both of the candidates[/quoteea73a62eb5]
Me too (and I would even say 'than all the candidates')

[quoteea73a62eb5]I still like you L0th, but we don't have to agree.[/quoteea73a62eb5]
Yes, and that's why I still like you too. After all, we might well be STV brothers. No? I vote for shipping 10/13 on Nov. 2. Who's with me?

EatChex89

02-11-2004 11:00:35

www.jibjab.com watch the video about bush/kerry it f'n rocks!! -D

brywalker

02-11-2004 11:01:19

After reading some of the comments in this thread, I fear the future of this country.

EatChex89

02-11-2004 11:04:43

[quote63b5fa7a46="brywalker"]After reading some of the comments in this thread, I fear the future of this country.[/quote63b5fa7a46]

haha so do i, but how so?

[hr]
vote bush!!

brywalker

02-11-2004 11:06:14

I refuse to get into a political debate on this forum. Plenty of places for that on www.fark.com.

But I will say that ignorance rears its ugly head again.

dgm

02-11-2004 11:08:19

The thing that stands out most in this thread is the obvious lack of education of most of the posters.

I, too, weep for the future.

shifuimam

02-11-2004 11:17:33

Lolz.

I'm a lot smarter than you think. The intarnet brings out the stupidity/sarcasm in most people more than in real life.

8lords

02-11-2004 11:19:00

One of my testicles is larger than the other

shifuimam

02-11-2004 11:22:27

Can I cop a feel?

spyderfry

02-11-2004 11:27:57

[quote5ee52a9f00="l0th"]What I don't understand is why that should be such an absolute and sacred commandment. You people should make a constitutional amendment stating that no soldier (whether on duty or not) should be allowed to criticize any military operation because it's been decided by the president of the USA (who, as everyone knows, is as infallible as the pope because he too is inspired by divine grace).[/quote5ee52a9f00]

Good point. I have questioned where this sacred commandment line should be drawn, but I eventually came to the conclusion--about the time that the scared little soldier refused orders a week ago--that supporting our country and troops requires that we bite our tounges to some degree in order to get the job done and prevent dissention. Maybe times are changing and I'm too conservative, but I think the political middle line between left and right is shifting further and further to the left every day, making things like this appear an infringement on constitutional rights. I don't think it has anything to do with the constitution.

[quote5ee52a9f00]Teresa and Laura both could be into SM wicca communist rituals (to take a common example) and that would still be equal to me. [/quote5ee52a9f00]

ROFL...You're killin' me, dude! LOL lol

spyderfry

02-11-2004 11:32:27

[quoteb12468d926="8lords"]One of my testicles is larger than the other[/quoteb12468d926]
WTF? Thanks for sharing shock

l0th

02-11-2004 11:38:10

[quotece8fa32cdf]One of my testicles is larger than the other[/quotece8fa32cdf]

I think that was meant to be a metaphorical statement.

8lords, did you mean to say that Kerry is positively taller than Bush?

spyderfry

02-11-2004 11:39:20

[quotef589531a6f="brywalker"]I refuse to get into a political debate on this forum. Plenty of places for that on www.fark.com.[/quotef589531a6f]

Then why are you participating in a thread entitled "Freeipods.com gets political.???" Face it, you are just as bored as we are.

[quotef589531a6f]But I will say that ignorance rears its ugly head again.[/quotef589531a6f]

Again, why leave retarded ominous messages if you don't want to be a part of this discussion? lol

Hasshaus

02-11-2004 11:44:02

Bush likes to suck on elephant balls. VOTE KERRY (Before Bush destroys the world!) twisted

8lords

02-11-2004 11:44:06

[quoted622ff8f60="l0th"][quoted622ff8f60]One of my testicles is larger than the other[/quoted622ff8f60]

I think that was meant to be a metaphorical statement.

8lords, did you mean to say that Kerry is positively taller than Bush?[/quoted622ff8f60]Just that one is bigger than the other but they're both nuts

Pusha C

02-11-2004 19:07:59

4 More Years!!!!!!!!!!

GO BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush-176

kerry-112

Oldfashionedhussy

02-11-2004 19:20:24

http/" alt=""/img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Definitelylove/poop.jpg[/img0fcc1969d2]

Blurrz

02-11-2004 20:05:54

[quote5c402a7f57="PoleMan14"]Bush is wasting so much money on drugs....if people want to do drugs I could care less...I could think of a million better ways to use the money......I will be voting for Kerry[/quote5c402a7f57]

That's a poor reason to cast your vote.

brywalker

02-11-2004 21:58:17

Well now that this thing is about over.

We are doomed.

That is all.

PoleMan14

03-11-2004 00:01:16

[quote53715829c8="Blurrz"][quote53715829c8="PoleMan14"]Bush is wasting so much money on drugs....if people want to do drugs I could care less...I could think of a million better ways to use the money......I will be voting for Kerry[/quote53715829c8]

That's a poor reason to cast your vote.[/quote53715829c8]

That is not the reason I cast my vote. I was just commenting on someone else's post. I could name a million reasons why I voted for Kerry.

It looks like Bush will take it now, I am sad that a nation so strong can make such a big mistake. The bible belt that believes Bush is gods gift to the world found a way to get to the polls. Are they afraid of terrorism? Are they afraid Bush is the only one who can finish this war? If so, congratulations to the Republicans, I didn't think just scaring Americans over and over again would work, but it did.

JMillion

03-11-2004 02:14:43

Oldfashionedhussy

03-11-2004 03:23:31

The Red Sox wins the World Series, Bush wins the Presidency... and I don't have my free ipod.

Time to move out the country

ario

03-11-2004 10:04:36

I won't bother getting into this debate because anyone who supports Bush at this point is so far gone that it reveals either basic stupidity and ignorance or severe lack of reason on their part. I would say most likely if you support Bush it is because of basic stupidity, but I do know one or two intelligent Bush supporters, hence the "severe lack of reason" remark. If you think that Bush is actually a good person who should be leading this nation, please do the world, the nation, and yourself a favor and remove your reproductive organs, or even better, blow a hole through that tiny amount of functioning gray matter in your head.

xDarKnighTx

03-11-2004 10:34:53

Bush is a stupid war monger that hasn't done anything for this country other than send its children into the middle of nowhere to die for retarded reasons, giving tax cuts to the rich while the rest of us are working our asses off just so we can be broke at the end of the month, and has been going against the founding principle of our nation of separation of church and state. The government has no say in who you can or cannot marry, gays and lesbians are people too and are entitled to the same right as everyone else!

C'mon Americans! I dunno what he's done for you but he ain't done jack for me... If a guy can't even eat a pretzel without going into a near death experience or read a book right side up, he really should not to be elected head of state.

If you guys actually think bush is smarter than kerry, watch the presidential debates again.

PoleMan14

03-11-2004 10:40:05

I am moving to Canada......strong economy, beer, hockey, and tim hortons at every corner.....can't beat that.

spyderfry

03-11-2004 10:53:13

[quote343f4dfe43="brywalker"]Well now that this thing is about over.

We are doomed.

That is all.[/quote343f4dfe43]

Wow. You left me speechless with your lack of depth on every one of your posts in this thread. I'm sure you have an IQ higer than 20, but you're certainly not displaying it here. If you ever decide to qualify anything you post, i'm all ears... roll

spyderfry

03-11-2004 10:59:37

[quotea99ec7b91a="xDarKnighTx"]If you guys actually think bush is smarter than kerry, watch the presidential debates again.[/quotea99ec7b91a]

If you think this election was about who was smarter, then you were born under a rock. I don't dispute that W is, nor will he ever be a genius, but he is not a pin head. I will even concede that Kerry is more intelligent. However W won becuase people recognized and voted for, the man with higher morals. That's how he won it, IMHO.

joelseph

03-11-2004 11:08:19

[quoteee6f344307="ario"]I won't bother getting into this debate because anyone who supports Bush at this point is so far gone that it reveals either basic stupidity and ignorance or severe lack of reason on their part. I would say most likely if you support Bush it is because of basic stupidity, but I do know one or two intelligent Bush supporters, hence the "severe lack of reason" remark. If you think that Bush is actually a good person who should be leading this nation, please do the world, the nation, and yourself a favor and remove your reproductive organs, or even better, blow a hole through that tiny amount of functioning gray matter in your head.[/quoteee6f344307]

How ironic. You've just displayed a complete lack of intelligence.

No, I didn't vote for Bush. I voted Kerry. It was a tough decision. Anyone who considers facts unstead of their personal misconceptions would know both candidates had plenty of pros and plenty of cons.

PoleMan14

03-11-2004 11:17:31

[quotee5c965aa42="spyderfry"][quotee5c965aa42="xDarKnighTx"]If you guys actually think bush is smarter than kerry, watch the presidential debates again.[/quotee5c965aa42]

If you think this election was about who was smarter, then you were born under a rock. I don't dispute that W is, nor will he ever be a genius, but he is not a pin head. I will even concede that Kerry is more intelligent. However W won because people recognized and voted for, the man with higher morals. That's how he won it, IMHO.[/quotee5c965aa42]

Bush is the puppet of Cheney, Rumsfeld, and his whole administration. They tell him what to say and he still messed it up.

We live in what I like to think is a modern America. Church and State should be separate as always. I would like to see women have a right to choose and I would like to see money put into stem cell research. If you do believe in a strong church, keep those beliefs separate. I cannot even contemplate how many diseases that would be cured and people that would be helped if we could learn more about stem cells.

Mr Sofa Sets

03-11-2004 11:31:52

I honestly don't even understand how he won Florida. I've lived down here my whole life, and I can tell you that the results of this election are NOT acccurate. Everyone I know, and everone my friends know support Kerry. The ratio that I've seen down here is about 101 Kerry. This has got to be a fixed election. There can be NO other explaination. The entire world wants Bush out of office and somehow he gets re-elected. I don't think so...Something is not right.

PoleMan14

03-11-2004 12:11:35

[quote63dbece86a="Mr Sofa Sets"]I honestly don't even understand how he won Florida. I've lived down here my whole life, and I can tell you that the results of this election are NOT acccurate. Everyone I know, and everone my friends know support Kerry. The ratio that I've seen down here is about 101 Kerry. This has got to be a fixed election. There can be NO other explaination. The entire world wants Bush out of office and somehow he gets re-elected. I don't think so...Something is not right.[/quote63dbece86a]

What part of Florida do you live in and how old are you?

jadem

03-11-2004 12:25:12

[quotecc34323cf5="l0th"][quotecc34323cf5][edit]HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just noticed you used the "kerry's been to war" line of purple heart BULLSHIT as part of your defense. That is utterly ridiculous, as I'm sure practically everyone on the planet knows by now. [/quotecc34323cf5]

You're right about one thing though people around the planet know better what to think about this particular story because most people around the world don't have Fox News. [/quotecc34323cf5]

Yep, and CNN is unbiased. roll

shifuimam

03-11-2004 12:32:09

[quote8489d3ac3b="jadem"][quote8489d3ac3b="l0th"][quote8489d3ac3b][edit]HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just noticed you used the "kerry's been to war" line of purple heart BULLSHIT as part of your defense. That is utterly ridiculous, as I'm sure practically everyone on the planet knows by now. [/quote8489d3ac3b]

You're right about one thing though people around the planet know better what to think about this particular story because most people around the world don't have Fox News. [/quote8489d3ac3b]

Yep, and CNN is unbiased. roll[/quote8489d3ac3b]

LOLLERSKATES!!!

Choose your news sources - I don't care - but you can't bitch at me for watching FOXNews when you salivate over Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings everytime they come up on the screen to tell you how much Republicans suck ass.

BulkHedd

03-11-2004 14:00:08

[quoteb29648c722]giving tax cuts to the rich while the rest of us are working our asses off just so we can be broke at the end of the month[/quoteb29648c722]

I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but I got a tax cut, didn't you?

[quoteb29648c722]and has been going against the founding principle of our nation of separation of church and state[/quoteb29648c722]

Can you show me where in the Constitution we are guaranteed a separation between church and state?

[quoteb29648c722] If a guy can't even eat a pretzel without going into a near death experience or read a book right side up, he really should not to be elected head of state[/quoteb29648c722]

Ok, first of all the book WAS right side up. I saw in interview with a teacher who was in the room and she confirmed this. Now, I guess you have never, ever in your life choked on any food at all?

If you don't agree with his politics, that's fine. But come on, some of these criticisms are just juvenile and unfounded. Someone said we were in the worst economy in history? Good grief...ever heard of the Great Depression? Or the Jimmy Carter years? Right now unemployment is lower than when Clinton ran for re-election in 1996 (look it up).

I'm not one of those "nasty Republicans" who's going to gloat, but over half the country spoke and they wanted Bush again. You have to admit that those of you who didn't are in the minority.

srkishy

03-11-2004 14:03:30

Yeah, we're in the minority, by what? 2%?

jadem

03-11-2004 14:11:44

[quote325720f851="srkishy"]Yeah, we're in the minority, by what? 2%?[/quote325720f851]

mi·nor·i·ty Audio pronunciation of "minority" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-nôr-t, -nr-, m-)
n. pl. mi·nor·i·ties

1. The smaller in number of two groups forming a whole.
2. A group or party having fewer than a controlling number of votes.

Doesn't matter by how MUCH, just that it's "fewer" or "smaller."

srkishy

03-11-2004 14:16:29

well obviously it doesn't matter by how much. But are you really happy with a president that just makes barely half of the country happy? Although, thats not including the youth of the country, who I'm pretty sure are pissed off about the deficit that country has that we're gonna have to end up paying with OUR taxes eventually.

Ray_Haque

03-11-2004 14:21:52

[quote638eefb6c3]I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but I got a tax cut, didn't you?[/quote638eefb6c3]

It's not enough to cut my mustard. Keep the tax break, and show me a stronger econemy. Leave the "reaganomics" with Reagon (dead).

[quote638eefb6c3]Can you show me where in the Constitution we are guaranteed a separation between church and state?[/quote638eefb6c3]

Why should it be guaranteed? For a country so willing to accept strangers from other countries with different religions ... why should they adopt "the religion of choice"? Religion and legislature DO NOT belong together.

[quote638eefb6c3]Good grief...ever heard of the Great Depression? Or the Jimmy Carter years? Right now unemployment is lower than when Clinton ran for re-election in 1996 (look it up).[/quote638eefb6c3]

That's because people are working extra jobs to support their families. If you are not, congratulate yourself. I don't buy into this "I created 1.6 million jobs" bullshit. The IT industry is being sent overseas in mass numbers. In my home State of Ohio, 247,000 people lost their jobs THIS YEAR alone. Agencies, and schools are closing due to lack of funding. The jobs that "Bush created" are LOW PAYING jobs. Working two or three of them you might make what you did when you were laid off. Thanks Bush.

Bush is bankrupting this country like one of his many business failures.

Will he have the Saudi's help us out like they did his oil business? That probably wouldn't go over well, being that 15 of the 19 terrorists of the September 11th attack were Saudi's. Are we supposed to ignore that his family is friends with the Bin Ladens? "How's your kid the terrorist doing? - Pass the rice!".

-Ray

ario

03-11-2004 15:35:09

[quote8bb7a61e30="Mr Sofa Sets"]I honestly don't even understand how he won Florida. I've lived down here my whole life, and I can tell you that the results of this election are NOT acccurate. Everyone I know, and everone my friends know support Kerry. The ratio that I've seen down here is about 101 Kerry. This has got to be a fixed election. There can be NO other explaination. The entire world wants Bush out of office and somehow he gets re-elected. I don't think so...Something is not right.[/quote8bb7a61e30]

Can you tell me what county you're in? I'd like to look on CNN and see what the percentage for each candidate was in your county. I agree with you that this election seems incredibly suspicious.

Ray_Haque

03-11-2004 16:14:38

http//graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news" alt=""/img/nov02/jbush110502.jpg[/imgcaadcb2e56]

I'm Jeb Bush, and I approve of my brother. Since when did votes matter?

Relect my brother, or I will relect him for you!

-Jeb

ario

03-11-2004 16:16:40

Pish posh! This is democracy! We have no need to challenge votes, for it's not possible they would simply... [i1cd3eb7f58]steal[/i1cd3eb7f58] an election?... Would they? No, certainly they didn't do that publicly in 2000 or anything.

tyketto

03-11-2004 19:19:42

Here's my got to piss off some people political post

Today is a grand day. I can go to bed tonight knowing my family remains safe for four more years.... awesome.

People who continue to say Bush only gave a tax cut to the rich have no idea what they are talking about and apparently deserve to work in a low wage job because they can't do basic math.

Oh man, stop the presses. Some guy on a forum and all his liberal Democrat friends supported Kerry. How the hell could a huge state like Florida go for Bush when this guy and his friends supported Kerry? That is quite simply the funniest thing I've read all day.... and it shows the logic of someone who would VOTE for someone like Kerry.

Shifuiman, you rule. Fox News all the way. I flipped over to CNN when the momentum started to switch, and those people on there looked like they were ready to cry. It was hysterical.

And the person who said the Constitution doesn't contain "separation of church and state" you are correct. It doesn't. See, if you take a liberal view of the Constitution you can make it say anything you want. The will of the people means nothing... oh, and tolerance includes everything BUT Christians, didn't you know that?

This election showed one major thing Morality does matter and it's why the Democratic party got walloped last night. (Hey Daschle's gone! Let's party!)

Reaganomics worked. How do you think the 90s happened? By Clinton sitting there doing nothing for 8 years?

And yes, those who supported Kerry are in the MINORITY. Bush won overwhelming. Not even the much taunted Bubba could get over 50 percent of the popular vote. Bush got more votes than any president in history. So yes, the country gave Bush a resounding vote of approval. Over 50 percent is phenomenal. See all those red states on the election map? He won 30 states. That's a big deal.

I'll gladly be the gloating asshole Republican because after being told over and over and over again how the country was so divided and Bush had no chance, look what happened.... Liberals can try to spin and spin and spin but in the end, the American people gave them all a big middle finger (Hey Michael Moore here's one from me.) and put them in their place.

tyketto

03-11-2004 19:24:38

Oh wait, wait. I just read about the "youth of the country" up above. If the youth was so concerned about the deficit why didn't you get your lazy asses out there and vote?

And once again, Clinton didn't even make half the country happy. He was in the 40s. Bush made 51 percent happy. 51 PERCENT.

Oldfashionedhussy

03-11-2004 20:13:33

yeah, what a real "wallop". a whole 3 percent. 3.5 million people is the size of less than half of my city's population.
granted, it's a big city- but please. enough with the "WE WHOOPED YOUR ASSES" comments. He barely won.

srkishy

03-11-2004 21:21:41

Why didn't the youth vote? Cause they can't for crying out loud, wow.

CoMpFrEaK

03-11-2004 22:13:02

[quote0450c2c800="srkishy"]Why didn't the youth vote? Cause they can't for crying out loud, wow.[/quote0450c2c800]

many youth don't find a need to vote, but times are changing as schools are now emphasizing on politics.

factcheck.org anyone?

its listened in the amendments that church and state must be separated, thats why there's this whole debate of the pledge of allegiance, cause it mentions "under God" but i find this allegation absurd.

xDarKnighTx

04-11-2004 00:11:09

[quote5820d3b019="BulkHedd"][quote5820d3b019]and has been going against the founding principle of our nation of separation of church and state[/quote5820d3b019]

Can you show me where in the Constitution we are guaranteed a separation between church and state?[/quote5820d3b019]
Wow, no wonder Bush won. These idiots don't even know what the First Amendment in our US Constitution is. How the hell did you get through American History when you were in school? Are you people that ignorant?

This quote was ruled by the US Supreme Court in 1947
"The 'establishment of religion' clause of the First Amendment means at least this Neither a state nor the Federal Government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another. Neither can force nor influence a person to go to or to remain away from church against his will or force him to profess a belief or disbelief in any religion. No person can be punished for entertaining or professing religious beliefs or disbeliefs, for church attendance or non-attendance. No tax in any amount, large or small, can be levied to support any religious activities or institutions, whatever they may be called, or whatever from they may adopt to teach or practice religion. Neither a state nor the Federal Government can, openly or secretly, participate in the affairs of any religious organizations or groups and vice versa. In the words of Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between Church and State'."

[quote5820d3b019="BulkHedd"][quote5820d3b019] If a guy can't even eat a pretzel without going into a near death experience or read a book right side up, he really should not to be elected head of state[/quote5820d3b019]

Ok, first of all the book WAS right side up. I saw in interview with a teacher who was in the room and she confirmed this. Now, I guess you have never, ever in your life choked on any food at all?[/quote5820d3b019]
That sentence was meant for sarcasm, idiot. Everyone knows that most of those pictures were photoshopped. But it still does not deny the fact that Bush is stupid to begin with.

And for all those who mentioned about morals, how can you justify sending your children into the dumbest war in history to be moral? Or cutting out fundings for stem cell research?

PoleMan14

04-11-2004 00:20:25

[quote3c961ce993="xDarKnighTx"]Wow, no wonder Bush won. These idiots don't even know what the First Amendment in our US Constitution is. How the hell did you get through American History when you were in school? Are you people that ignorant?

This quote was ruled by the US Supreme Court in 1947
"The 'establishment of religion' clause of the First Amendment means at least this Neither a state nor the Federal Government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another. Neither can force nor influence a person to go to or to remain away from church against his will or force him to profess a belief or disbelief in any religion. No person can be punished for entertaining or professing religious beliefs or disbeliefs, for church attendance or non-attendance. No tax in any amount, large or small, can be levied to support any religious activities or institutions, whatever they may be called, or whatever from they may adopt to teach or practice religion. Neither a state nor the Federal Government can, openly or secretly, participate in the affairs of any religious organizations or groups and vice versa. In the words of Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between Church and State'."[/quote3c961ce993]

ahhhh hahahaha.....too funny. This is also funny http//chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm

l0th

04-11-2004 01:09:12

[quote80320388b7]you salivate over Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings everytime they come up on the screen to tell you how much Republicans suck ass[/quote80320388b7]

lol. I don't even know who these people are. Did it ever come to your mind that some people get their info from anything else than US TV channels? lol again.

In any case, I don't need anyone to tell me, on TV or anywhere else, how much [b80320388b7]most[/b80320388b7] Republicans suck ass (or whatever they feel like sucking). Very often, I just need 5 min. of an argued chat about anything that's remotely serious with them.

Ray_Haque

04-11-2004 05:23:25

Reagonomics worked for REAGON. That was my point. That was 20 fucking years ago. It's time to make a new plan.

Don't dog Clinton. Clinton reduced the deficit. Do you expect Bush to pull that off? No. You don't. Clinton DID sit on his ass for years, behind a desk. That's where Bush belongs. But then. Bush doesn't know how to balance this country's checkbook. Has he ever run a successful business in his life? Why would America be any different.

It's not going to make me feel any better to tell all of you Bush supporters "I told you so" when our country is in worse shape a year from now. You should go peel those stickers off your bumper now and prepare for the reality check.

-Ray

jadem

04-11-2004 06:17:35

[quote1be1534eae="srkishy"]well obviously it doesn't matter by how much. But are you really happy with a president that just makes barely half of the country happy? Although, thats not including the youth of the country, who I'm pretty sure are pissed off about the deficit that country has that we're gonna have to end up paying with OUR taxes eventually.[/quote1be1534eae]

Less than 10% of America's of-age youth voted. How can they be pissed off about something they obviously didn't care enough about to vote? Now, that's not saying that if YOU are of that age, that you don't care. I am in that age group, and I care. But we are of that 10% that do.

BulkHedd

04-11-2004 09:05:57

[quote17990a3773]Wow, no wonder Bush won. These idiots don't even know what the First Amendment in our US Constitution is. How the hell did you get through American History when you were in school? Are you people that ignorant? [/quote17990a3773]

Ok, so you are telling me that I don't know what's in the First Amendment by quoting something the Supreme Court said? My point was that the Constitution, as written, does NOT guarantee separation of church and state. People have interpreted it as that, but it's not what it says

"Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition
the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sounds to me like it says Congress shall make no law, either for or against, religion. That's it. The second amendment also says that we have the right to bear arms, but some people don't think we should be able to. Or at least they want to control what kind of arms.

Cosmo576

04-11-2004 13:40:42

http//webpages.charter.net/cosmo576/bush1.jpg[" alt=""/img6e8837fcac]

srkishy

04-11-2004 18:24:57

You know what I found funny? How still NO ONE has supported bush by saying what GOOD he as done, only attempting to prove that all these bad things he's done aren't bad. Taxes for example. Yes tax cuts effected everyone, but the rich the most, as they're making much more money, a small percentage is a big difference. If you don't think that rich people should help the country just a bit more cause they have the money, then thats just fucking greedy, but oh well.

CaseTheAce

04-11-2004 19:53:42

GO BUSH....KERRY SUCKS!