Jake, Where Art Thou?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=24783

christophjc

21-10-2005 19:55:15

Though I don't post or trade often, I'm definitely not a rookie at completing referral sites. I've completed over seven and am working on several others. I generally stay quiet on the forums and try not to complain, but I've run into a frustrating problem and am getting desperate.

About a month ago, I registered for Freepay's Nano site. I managed to find all of my necessary referrals in about two weeks, having only traded for one. About a week after submitting for approval, I signed in only to find that my account had been placed on hold. Immediately after, I signed into FiPG and found several PMs stating that I had "gone red" for people with whom I'd traded with. Confused, I signed into all of the Freepay sites I was working on at the moment, and, sure enough, my accounts were on hold. In the midst of everything I had to do in preparation for Hurricane Rita (our area was under mandatory evacuation), this matter had to be put on hold (no pun intended=)). I only had time to PM the people with whom I had traded and let them know that I had no idea why I was on hold but that I'd try to get it taken care of ASAP; I also sent in a support ticket and PMed Jake about it.

For the record, let me say that I'm not stupid enough to do things that would put my account in jeopardy. I've been doing referral sites for well over a year now; I know how these things work. Anyway, upon my return from the evacuation, I checked my PM inbox and my customer service inquiries on the Nano site. I found a reply from Jake giving a few names and asking my relationship to said people. One was me, one my mother and the other I did not know; I replied and told him just that. Meanwhile, Freepay replied and said that my account would remain on hold; I later learned that my account was put on hold for "walking people through registration", something I NEVER did. I waited about a week for Jake's reply and after receiving nothing I sent him another PM. Another week went by and I still didn't receive anything. In total, I've sent him about four PMs, all of which I know he's read because they're no longer in my outbox.

I don't want to risk getting banned, nor do I want to sound like a twit, but I'm just so frustrated (and understandably so, IMO). My frustration is not necessarily because I'm on hold (although that constitutes a good part of it), but because Jake, a FREEPAY REPRESENTATIVE, is reading my messages and refusing to reply. I understand that he probably gets numerous PMs, and that he was just doing me a favor; all I'm saying is that I think it's unfair to say he'd try to help and then completely avoid my messages. When I say I'll help somebody I feel obligated to communicate with them. Isn't that only fair?

(Jake, I'm certainly not trying to cause problems with you, but I feel I deserve a fair chance and a reply to the several PMs I sent you. [b8ae6989a5d]Please[/b8ae6989a5d] PM me when you get the chance. Thanks.)

h3x

21-10-2005 20:05:03

Read the sticky please.

You need to PM Jake if you have user-specific issues, not open a thread up..

Good luck

Blink182=Gone

21-10-2005 20:08:24

[quotebd71d61e8f="h3x"]Read the sticky please.

You need to PM Jake if you have user-specific issues, not open a thread up..

Good luck[/quotebd71d61e8f]

Well, from the sounds of it, he's already PM'd Jake multiple times.

priggy

21-10-2005 22:11:56

Jake has always replied to me quickly. If he's not responding to you it's probably because he felt gratis has a valid reason to place you on hold. I reccommend you stop bugging him and move on.

Cash4Cookies

21-10-2005 23:39:41

This seems to be happening alot, it seems like alot of legit traders have too much going on, one thing messes up and it all comes crumbling down. Jake has always been very nice and quick to answer my PMs. If you really are legit and did everything by the book I see no reason why you shouldn't persue getting answers. I really want to know how they know you "walked someone through a referral", I just dont see how they could prove that. Well, good luck man, I hope everything works out for you.

TheUKNetwork

22-10-2005 00:54:03

I've been put on hold too! Jake normally replies fast, but now he's stopped! (

Keva

22-10-2005 07:17:26

I havnt PM'd Jake yet but im still in waiting for approval even though some users which requested it after me are now processing.

mpbollywoodking

22-10-2005 08:46:46

how do you walkthrough a referral? How would Freepay know. The only way you could know is whether they sign up on you computer right? That is why relatives are risky

shortys408

22-10-2005 09:53:50

I think freepay can tell if you walked someone through by looking at the patterns. For example they have a similar email and password as you, or they complete the same offer you did. Thats just my guess.

Allen626

22-10-2005 09:58:19

They have spies trying to trade with you and ask what offer to complete. 0_o, never give help for offers D.

P.S. I made that up

KeithA

22-10-2005 09:58:46

[quote0210624c1c="shortys408"]I think freepay can tell if you walked someone through by looking at the patterns. For example they have a similar email and password as you, or they complete the same offer you did. Thats just my guess.[/quote0210624c1c]

I think that's definitely a component of it. I've seen people post about situations where their mom/aunt/brother/whomever opened an account using similar information and both parties were placed on hold.

There isn't any problem having a relative sign up under you if they're in an entirely different state and they use all their own information, is there?

mpbollywoodking

22-10-2005 12:15:12

but, there is alittle amount of offers that GUYS CAN TRY. I don't see my friends signing up for skin cream P

i hope they get subscriptions to Gamepro or Nintendo Power, especially for those free systems

but i don't want the company to assume and then without a second thought put the account on hold

Unless they have proof christophjc that u did infact did it, if so, than sorry dude P

christophjc

22-10-2005 13:42:12

Jake has replied quickly to me in the past; that's why I was so surprised that he hasn't yet replied to any of my PMs.

If, as one of you said, Freepay does have a good enough reason to put me on hold, shouldn't he have the courtesy to at least tell me that?

By the way, I never had relatives or any peers, for that matter, sign up under me; none of them believe "these things work" anyway. =)

mpbollywoodking

22-10-2005 14:59:32

i thought u said that your mother did one for you???

theysayjump

22-10-2005 15:16:29

[quotecece4959c4="mpbollywoodking"]i thought u said that your mother did one for you???[/quotecece4959c4]

He said his mother signed up. He didn't say she was one of his refs.

Anyway, pleae don't discuss the methods that Freepay use to check accounts for various reason (in this case walking people through). It only leads to people discussing ways to fraud these sites.

Have a look at the FAQ for common questions and queries.

christophjc

22-10-2005 20:56:47

For the record, my mom never signed up, either! The credit card I use, though, has her name on it; I figured that's where her name came up.

christophjc

24-10-2005 18:33:37

Wow.. apparently Jake is replying to other users' PMs regarding my Freepay accounts but not mine. JesusNerd showed me this via AIM

From Jake
To JesusNerd
Posted Mon Oct 24, 2005 1242 pm
Subject Re About a green that went gray
His accounts are on hold for a good reason.

Basically, he tried to cheat us and got caught.

Therefore, he owes you for the trade.

Sincerely,

Jake

Wonderful; I'm a cheat now. I'd like to know what he's talking about. I am getting so pissed; this is ridiculous. I like the fact that he's talking about me to other users but doesn't bother to reply to ANY of my messages.

bspence

26-10-2005 11:19:45

hmmmm.
thats odd.
Jake is pretty good about looking into things and helping people out.

Jake

26-10-2005 11:35:10

[quote2a0bc20e6b="christophjc"]Wow.. apparently Jake is replying to other users' PMs regarding my Freepay accounts but not mine. JesusNerd showed me this via AIM

Wonderful; I'm a cheat now. I'd like to know what he's talking about. I am getting so pissed; this is ridiculous. I like the fact that he's talking about me to other users but doesn't bother to reply to ANY of my messages.[/quote2a0bc20e6b]

You know what I am talking about. Your accounts are on hold for a very good reason.

The reason I told that user what I did is so that user would know the next course of action they needed to take in their situation.

The last message I received from you was on October the 14th. The message before that was on October 10th. The explanation was given. You know why you're on hold. Don't start any nonsense here, its not worth the effort because quite frankly, I am a nice guy, but I have a serious problem with people who try and intimidate me; especially when they are being dishonest.

Take responsibility for your own actions.