How many tries does FedEx make if you're not home?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2459

jetleigh

29-10-2004 10:04:50

Is it 3? And then what happens to your package? Is there a number you can call that they leave on the note?

soldiery

29-10-2004 10:24:26

I'm not sure how many tries to deliver it they will do, but I do know that you can sign the slip that they leave at your door, and they will leave the package there the next time they deliver it. You can also sign a Signature release waiver that is on the back of that slip that will work for future deliveries

moose

29-10-2004 11:19:31

actually, they require a person to sign right then and there. i tried leaving and note with my signature, and they still left the "sorry we missed you" slip, with the "MUST SIGN IN PERSON AT DELIVERY" box circled. I tried calling fedex to schedule a pick up instead of delivery, and they gave me a number to call at Apple, saying I had to do it through them. So, called them and they said since it wasn't ordered directly from apple, they couldn't help me.

DisastirousMurmur

29-10-2004 11:19:36

3 i called before

soldiery

29-10-2004 11:31:42

[quote03eeb95bc4="moose"]actually, they require a person to sign right then and there. i tried leaving and note with my signature, and they still left the "sorry we missed you" slip, with the "MUST SIGN IN PERSON AT DELIVERY" box circled. I tried calling fedex to schedule a pick up instead of delivery, and they gave me a number to call at Apple, saying I had to do it through them. So, called them and they said since it wasn't ordered directly from apple, they couldn't help me.[/quote03eeb95bc4]

That is not true at all. I have left a note that states this exactly
"Fedex, Please leave package at door. This note authorized the waiver of my signature." I then print my first and last name, and sign it. I do that every time I get a package. Also, if they miss you the first time, they leave a sheet on your door that leaves a spot to sign for you to leave out.

UPS on the other hand, does not allow the waiver of a signature.

stuthemonkey

29-10-2004 11:37:53

UPS most certainly allows the waiver of a signature, as I have done it many times, and when I don't leave a note, they leave the form for me to sign and leave there for them to drop it off. In fact because I get so many deliveries, they just gave me a stack of the stickers they put on the door and said sign them, then just stick one out when you know something is coming, and they will fill it in for me appropriately.

soldiery

29-10-2004 11:44:32

[quoted025c95351="stuthemonkey"]UPS most certainly allows the waiver of a signature, as I have done it many times, and when I don't leave a note, they leave the form for me to sign and leave there for them to drop it off. [/quoted025c95351]

Thats good to know, thanks for clarifying that for me. Now I can leave a note for my Iriver that is coming via UPS.

iiViiIiiRiiUiiSii

29-10-2004 13:43:04

i lefta note taped to my door,

"Please leave package under wicker couch"

"Thnx! Fedex Man"

"X[u6260f0c93a]__My_SiGnature__[/u6260f0c93a]"

He left it were i told him + he ripped the note down so if any jahova witnessess came by they wouldnt be tempted to steal my iPod Mini wink

spyderfry

29-10-2004 14:04:23

[quote7a3e2be1e8="iiViiIiiRiiUiiSii"]

He left it were i told him + he ripped the note down so if any jahova witnessess came by they wouldnt be tempted to steal my iPod Mini wink[/quote7a3e2be1e8]

It's those crazy Mormons you have to worry about! wink

magik

29-10-2004 16:49:20

[quoted29470e43b="spyderfry"]

It's those crazy Mormons you have to worry about! wink[/quoted29470e43b]

LOL ! +karma!! lol