RECEIVED DAMAGED SONY 27 WEGA?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2268

tfc

25-10-2004 20:35:46

Okay now I know I am not the only one. Post your broken WEGA report here and lets help each other out.

I received a damaged WEGA today via fedex express saver. The top right corner and speaker is totally cracked.

I know I am not the only one, so here are my questions. Why is this happening to many? What can we do about it? How can I get a new one, who to contact and how? Anyone solved an issue like this before?

joeman957

25-10-2004 21:07:39

Wow there is something very fishy about that FedEx express saver shipping or whatever. I bet they drop their packages off of airplanes to save the trouble of landing or something.

lovestoshop

26-10-2004 01:09:55

[quoteff882fc97e="joeman957"]Wow there is something very fishy about that FedEx express saver shipping or whatever. I bet they drop their packages off of airplanes to save the trouble of landing or something.[/quoteff882fc97e]

LOL.. thanks for the giggle lol

MusicStats

26-10-2004 11:17:00

Yeah mine came BADLY damaged. We need to get new ones!

Let me know how it goes and if you get any info cry

ZJamaican

26-10-2004 14:19:29

My lower right corner of my wega is also crackes badly. It came via fedex.

pcmsurf

26-10-2004 14:53:51

im thinking of switching to the samsung now

tfc

26-10-2004 15:20:18

Called Sony they say the will pay for fedex back and reimburse the credit card charged (Gratis corporate card) and Sony will deal with FedEx Claim. But Sony will only sent a new TV if Gratis put in a new order. So I am not sending my TV back until I can make sure gratis will reorder it. So I contacted Gratis (if you can say that) through the stupid faq/contact form. Lets see what happens. Anyone else... ideas. Is there a person at Gratis we can speak to?

Asterix

27-10-2004 10:28:39

My Sony Wega 27 was delivered broken by some little delivery company called Electran Logistics. I have never heard of them either!

http//www.elec-tran.com

Upper left corner of the TV is cracked really bad. The crack is about 8 inches long. I will provide a picture later today. I hope that Gratis sends us new TVs as this is just wrong. Why didn't they use UPS ground?

tfc

27-10-2004 21:37:37

Talked to SONY, its Sony who makes the shipping decision not Gratis, they have different vendors for different areas, so Sony is screwing Gratis over, we just need Gratis to fight back

MusicStats

28-10-2004 12:08:12

Yea I got the same info from Sony!!

PLEASE gratis help!

By the way my TV won't even turn on, the screen is completely broken, and it has numerous cracks. Glass is even shattered on the screen. (
I don't have a digital camera or I would take pics.

Hopefully this gets worked out!

MusicStats

28-10-2004 13:51:04

OKAY HOW CAN I CONTACT GRATIS? They won't respond to my email message that i sent in the HELP/FAQ section, and they aren't answering the phone!

How can I contact them? It's almost been a week since i got my crappy broken TV...WHAT SHOULD I DO cry

InFeXiOn

28-10-2004 14:04:20

Send me your broken TVs I want them lol.

Asterix

29-10-2004 07:15:12

Dude that is not even funny. Gratis should replace the TVs as SONY will refund them the money. I feel cheated because Gratis profited and I was paid with a broken TV.

tfc

29-10-2004 09:39:31

GRATIS IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT - THEY WILL SENT US NEW TVs AFTER WE SENT THE DAMAGED ONES BACK - CALL SONY

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2421

"GratisGuy says request your return shipping label from Sony and then email Gratis Customer Support with attn GratisGuy Damaged Sony, include your Order Number and Tracking Number"

I spoke to GratisGuy (GRatis Rep) on the phone. So the deal is we call Sony customer here is the number 1 800 571 7669, and Sony will email you the tracking label and rma number to return the TV. Gratis will speak with Sony and gets us new TV's shipped and will do their best to provide us with tracking numbers as well.

THANKS GRATIS

TFC