GM card questions

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2230

poojagupta

25-10-2004 13:14:39

Hi everybody, I'm a new user at freeipods.com. Today I went to complete my offer, but to my dismay the Infone offer was not available anymore. roll I could have sworn it was available yesterday night. Anyway, so I proceed to sign up for the GM credit card. I am still in college, so I put $1 in my income box and they rejected my application because of the debt to income ratio. So I thought about it and retried the application with a little more income and they said they will consider my application.

Now my questions are
1) will freeipods.com put my account on hold because I tried to apply for the card twice?
2) When do I actually get credited for the offer - after I get approved in GM's systems or when I activate the card? How long does that take?
3) I didn't get rejected for the card but didn't get approved either. What are my chances of getting approved? I do not have a job (still in college), but all my bills have been paid on time by my parents.
4) I'm going to ask my friends to apply for this offer also. So how much income should they put down to get approved? Above whatever they owe, or above what their credit limits are for other cards?

Hopefully, I will get approved and not be put on hold =) I will see you guys around.

zemaj

25-10-2004 14:49:31

I'll try

1) Possibly, but not necessarily. Maybe since you reapplied that's the one that will count. It's not like you're signing up for it and getting credit for it twice. But who knows.

2) You don't need to activate to get credit. I think after my friend was approved it took him about 1.5 weeks to get credit.

3) Hahaha who knows!? I'm not sure how that company chooses who they accept.

4) They should put down the income that they currently have! So, in other words, don't lie about your income. I'm sure that's illegal somehow. And could get you in trouble (like getting a high limit and screwing yourself over or something). I don't know if they ever verify but I'm assuming you have to put in your employer information.

Also, offers come and go. If your friends have credit cards already they could try infone (it always comes back you just have to check alot) or the book one or something. Sure, they'll be out like $10 at most but they'll also get a free iPod eventually. And they'll be doing the right thing by supporting the sponsors.

-james

poojagupta

26-10-2004 00:14:22

thanks for the help. does anyone else know the answer to part (a)?