eFax Plus woes?!?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21950

xlife

14-09-2005 17:59:15

Hey all, I was trying to complete freedesktoppcs.com and a bulk of my referrals chose to do the eFax plus free trial. However, nearly all of them were charged a 29.50 fee almost immediatley. This is a serious problem as I assured my friends that Freepay was legtimate, and that they were not out to get there money. This action shows the exact opposite, and makes me look like a liar, while detrimenting our college-aged checking accounts. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does it have anything to do with the links provided by freepay? I've done eFax in the past and have not had this issue, but it seems everyone that has done it for me since starting this site (2 days ago) is getting charged this insane fee, which I don't even think is the price of the service at the end of the trial.

Collateral

14-09-2005 18:00:59

I did eFax on Monday and was not charged a thing.

tracemhunter

14-09-2005 18:09:21

i like your avatar collateral. from boat trip right?

Zanadoo

14-09-2005 20:24:56

I'd say have your friends call eFax up and I'm sure they can get their money back. If not then have them send a support ticket to freepay and hopefully they can sort it all out.

xlife

14-09-2005 21:01:02

ya, we've been calling most of the day. they make you jump through crazy hoops to get the money back. The problem I have is that it obviously never should have happened this way. And I'm just waiting to encounter a friend who suffered an overdraft due to this error. I was simply wondered if anyone else had experienced similar problems, and if it there was a problem with the link from freepay's freedesktoppc.com site.

On a side note, anyone know how long it takes for approval on freedesktoppc? assuming these credits i've been waiting on go through today (the last 2) i should be done tom.

xlife

14-09-2005 21:02:24

oh yeah, also...I'm afraid Freepay will revoke my refs credits, as efax cancelled quite a few of them upon asking for a refund, rather than switching them to the 30 day trial. I argued with them for so long, but I don't expect my friends to even want to stay on with a company that screwed them. If Freepay revokes their credits for this bililng error, I'm sure I won't be able to get the same people to complete any offers in the future =/

VGM

15-09-2005 01:41:08

my friend was also charged...i'm still recommending efax but now i dunno.

RoBsTaMaCk

16-09-2005 10:54:46

If you guys actually read the details in the popup that appears when you click on the link to Efax, you'd see what the requirements are. It's a 30 day free trial and in order to receive credit you must stay on after the 30 days and become [b6f52dbbf22]a paying subscriber[/b6f52dbbf22].

Technically, they should not have charged you the money for signing up. However, you're supposed to stay on after the 30 days and become a paying member so they bill you for the second month (which is the first month for which you'd be paying) figuring that you're doing it to receive credit at FreeIpods.

Yes, it's shady they did that. However, they are probably forced to do that because you guys consistently sign up for their service, go green, and then cancel.

manOFice

16-09-2005 13:52:12

I never was charged for this...

xlife

16-09-2005 16:28:01

[quote22b0f78d19="RoBsTaMaCk"]If you guys actually read the details in the popup that appears when you click on the link to Efax, you'd see what the requirements are. It's a 30 day free trial and in order to receive credit you must stay on after the 30 days and become [b22b0f78d19]a paying subscriber[/b22b0f78d19].

Technically, they should not have charged you the money for signing up. However, you're supposed to stay on after the 30 days and become a paying member so they bill you for the second month (which is the first month for which you'd be paying) figuring that you're doing it to receive credit at FreeIpods.

Yes, it's shady they did that. However, they are probably forced to do that because you guys consistently sign up for their service, go green, and then cancel.[/quote22b0f78d19]

Thanks for your [b22b0f78d19]completely unrelated input[/b22b0f78d19]. The fact that my refs would be required to stay on beyond the 30 days to receive credit has nothing to do with the fact that they were charged nearly a month in advance of when they were told they would be. It's not legal, which is why eFax Plus has been forced to comply with our requests for refunds. Additionally, the monthly fee for eFax plus isn't even $25.90, it's 12.95/month. My complaint about Freepay revoking credit is based on the fact that eFax cancelled trial accounts in order to issue refunds, typically before my friends even got a chance to test the service (which is the point of the 30 day TRIAL). Should they have decided to stay, the 12.95 is obviously more reasonable than paying twice that each month. That being said, there is no justification for a company misleading a user in regard to charges on a credit card. Moreover, the fact that they offer a [b22b0f78d19]free trial[/b22b0f78d19] is their choice. They don't expect every user that offers a trial to become a paying member, only a small percentage do. I am not at all new to free sites, and am well aware of the stipulations of the eFax Plus offer. Please know your facts before you reply to threads with inaccurate, condescending statements.

dudelovesFinch1035

16-09-2005 17:04:03

There was 2 efaxes,on that time.