Gratis may run into more supply issues

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2124

tyketto

23-10-2004 13:36:33

From AppleInsider.com
Apple Computer chief executive Steve Jobs said last week that even though his company is pumping out more iPods than ever, demand might outstrip supply this holiday season.
"We've taken our best guess, and we're building a lot, but the demand may be even larger," said Jobs, perched on a wooden stool during the grand opening of the company's mini store in Stanford, Calif.
"So if you want to be sure to get an iPod this holiday season, I'd get one soon."
Apple is betting on its best holiday quarter yet. After moving over 2 million iPods during its previous quarter, the company appears on pace to nearly double that figure during the current quarter.
Analysts agree. Earlier reports claim that the company, along with its new distribution partner, Hewlett-Packard, are planning to ship about 1 million iPods per month starting this October.
An ample supply of iPods come December, coupled with aggressive promotional campaigns, could further escalate sales and drive the company beyond the $3 billion quarterly revenue mark for the first time in its corporate history.
Apple is widely expected to add to its music offerings next Tuesday during a special music related event at the California Theatre in San Jose, Calif.

DisastirousMurmur

23-10-2004 13:40:11

i better get mine soon, im 9/15 and tired of seeing ppl get theirs before me

iiViiIiiRiiUiiSii

23-10-2004 13:41:23

wow i had no clue iPods were selling like hotcakes o
I hope i get my iPod Mini soon!

tyketto

23-10-2004 13:46:45

I think that Apple just doesn't know how much the things will sell this year, especially considering their growth last quarter. Even with 1 million per month, there's a chance they still won't have enough. That's just wild...

iiViiIiiRiiUiiSii

23-10-2004 13:48:04

Well 1mill a month, december is 2months away. thats still only 2mill though...poopy apple.

DisastirousMurmur

23-10-2004 13:57:12

it will double the sales in december, with all the christmas shopping and all

iiViiIiiRiiUiiSii

23-10-2004 14:03:02

[RaiseMiddleFingerTowardsSteveJobs] [/RaiseMiddleFingerTowardsSteveJobs]

tetro

23-10-2004 15:52:45

Of course he'd say something like "buy it soon" when speaking in terms of people buying a product from his own company.

keeleysam

23-10-2004 15:53:37

[quote02975be3b1="iiViiIiiRiiUiiSii"][RaiseMiddleFingerTowardsSteveJobs] [/RaiseMiddleFingerTowardsSteveJobs][/quote02975be3b1]
[RaiseMiddleFingerTowardsiiViiIiiRiiUiiSii][/RaiseMiddleFingerTowardsiiViiIiiRiiUiiSii]

JettaGuy10984

23-10-2004 18:45:32

I can't believe they are going to sell that many for Christmas. I'd bet there's almost no way in the world that most of those are first-time iPod owners. It's probably most of the people who have the 3G or older and just have to have the newest thing.