ShopAndGetPaid Offer

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21223

doylnea

06-09-2005 11:39:46

I'm considering signing up for the offer but can't find any contact information for the company. The phone number associated with their DNS rings to a "This call cannot be completed as dialed" recording. Has anyone done this offer and have contact information for them?

Jake, do you have any information about this company?

Jake

06-09-2005 11:52:20

I am waiting for an answer regarding this. My colleague should be providing me with some contact information for the company shortly.

doylnea

06-09-2005 12:00:56

[quote2f3c3b3a35="Jake"]I am waiting for an answer regarding this. My colleague should be providing me with some contact information for the company shortly.[/quote2f3c3b3a35]

Thank you. As far as I could find, there wasn't a phone number or email address provided before I submitted the form. Perhaps the email from the Sponsor would provide contact information?

mcpunkin

09-09-2005 11:53:28

I don't know if it's a scam or not, I signed up for the offer to green for someone and I wasn't given access to anything. Their customer service number is 800-358-0906, it rings for 10 minutes or so and then says they are closed. The billing is through orderwebpro.

bruman

09-09-2005 11:56:49

i dont trust this offer..

i did it yesterday and just used the 800-358-0906 to cancel today. I havent gone green yet but i didnt want to get slammed with the $197.00 if i didnt cancel.

Basically the site is a scam. As soon as you order.. you are given a link to a .pdfurl==http://=http:///url file with a whole bunch of links. That is what you ordered. Just a pdf file w/ links. Thats all it is.. and if you want to continue past the 3 day trial you'll be charged $197.00 to continue to look at the pdf file

bruman

09-09-2005 12:12:48

just did another offer.. the 'bodyshape by hydroderm' offer.

i hope i'll go green soon.. i wanna order my ipod nano asap.. i already have 5 greens already

rkjohnson2

12-09-2005 10:40:40

Has anyone managed to get a hold of this comany? I'm currently listening to the elevator music while on hold (which I've been on for about 5 minutes). Also, the email address doesn't seem to work, nor does it bounce. I requested delivery receipt and read receipt; neither of which I received. I really hope I don't get hit with the 190$ charge for this joke of an offer.

ok, after waiting on hold for a while got the message that the office was closed and to please call back during office hours. 140pm EST on a Monday isn't office hours?

Anyone?

Jake

12-09-2005 11:08:42

If anyone has an issue with this, please PM me directly with your account information and your complaints about the service. I will then forward your complaints to my contact who is in charge of this offer and make sure that your concerns are addressed.

bruman

12-09-2005 11:37:29

i just got credit for this offer.. but on the wrong site.

I just pm'd ya jake.. hopefully you can fix this!

manOFice

12-09-2005 11:45:21

Hmm....don't really like the way this offer is being out there...i might have to skip it unless everyone starts to say they got credit

aaaaaakash

12-09-2005 21:27:24

newbie here,
i told one of my referrals to try this offer, and now i just discovered this thread. Im very skeptical about it now, i guess ill give it till morning or so to see if it greens, and then have them cancel either way.

any1 have any updates on this?...
thank you,
this forum is very helpful.

-aakash

madman77123

13-09-2005 16:07:14

hello,
I did this offer on Saturday, and I got an email telling me the phone number and email to contact them. I tried calling them but they said their offices are closed. So yesterday I just snet them an email with all my account info and today I got an email saying I am cancelled. I got credit yesterday by the way.

tpham2006

13-09-2005 16:09:01

Hmm I too did this offer yesturday. After hearing about the $197 charge, I immediately emailed them asking to cancel my membership. Tried to call them but they said their office is close, please call back during business hour.

Let's see how it turn out..

bond4284

13-09-2005 17:11:49

well i did it on friday morning. tried calling unsuccessfully all weekend, so i sent them an email sunday night. i just got a response 2 hours ago....

Thank you for contact out ShopandGetPaid online customer assistance. We have looked into your account and have found a 3-day trial that was ordered. When you signed up for our three day trial you agreed to our terms and conditions were it stated if you did not call and cancel within the three days you would be charged for your lifetime membership of 197 dollars. Now this membership comes with a 90 day money back guarentee that if you dont find a job or are turned down you will be eligable for a refund. If you have any questions you may contact customer service at 1-800-358-0906

i replied saying that i contacted my credit card already. these scumbags. if i have any problems with them, i'll contact the proper authorities.

drum attacks

13-09-2005 18:49:51

[quote3ebc1c5e60="madman77123"]hello,
I did this offer on Saturday, and I got an email telling me the phone number and email to contact them. I tried calling them but they said their offices are closed. So yesterday I just snet them an email with all my account info and today I got an email saying I am cancelled. I got credit yesterday by the way.[/quote3ebc1c5e60]

Where you hit with the $197 charge?

tpham2006

13-09-2005 19:11:43

[quote7c486269d0="bond4284"]well i did it on friday morning. tried calling unsuccessfully all weekend, so i sent them an email sunday night. i just got a response 2 hours ago....

Thank you for contact out ShopandGetPaid online customer assistance. We have looked into your account and have found a 3-day trial that was ordered. When you signed up for our three day trial you agreed to our terms and conditions were it stated if you did not call and cancel within the three days you would be charged for your lifetime membership of 197 dollars. Now this membership comes with a 90 day money back guarentee that if you dont find a job or are turned down you will be eligable for a refund. If you have any questions you may contact customer service at 1-800-358-0906

i replied saying that i contacted my credit card already. these scumbags. if i have any problems with them, i'll contact the proper authorities.[/quote7c486269d0]

Oh crap, I'm calling all day tomorrow until I get through to cancel my subscription

bruman

13-09-2005 19:20:53

i called and cancelled a while back.. i think on my 2nd day of the trial. he told me i would receive a confirmation e-mail but i didnt..

i better be cancelled though

tpham2006

13-09-2005 19:50:40

[quote10d215ce62]On 9/13/05, email==sales@shopandgetpaid.comsales@shopandgetpaid.com=sales@shopandgetpaid.comsales@shopandgetpaid.com/email <sales@shopandgetpaid.com> wrote
you have been canceled[/quote10d215ce62]

woohoo, I'll call and check tomorrow just to make sure.

drum attacks

13-09-2005 20:29:38

Have any of you besides madman77123 gone green? How long did it take?

manOFice

14-09-2005 07:32:31

wow, i'm def. staying away from this offer, even tho peepz are greening, its not worth $197 charge by mistake or something...

aaaaaakash

14-09-2005 07:42:04

hello again,
my ref. turned green today. But I would still reccomend ppl staying away from this, as the company seemed really shady. She contacted Jake and he gave her the right ppl to contact to get it cancelled. Thank you Jake.

aakash

lililioh btw, in case any1 is wondering, she turned green 1 day after the cancellation.

mcpunkin

14-09-2005 10:43:46

I originally signed up last wednesday. I greened on Friday. Due to the fact that I was unable to contact them, I was billed the 197.00 on Saturday. I emailed Jake's contact and he's refunding it for me.

tpham2006

14-09-2005 10:51:16

I got my green for my own ipodnanos

RoBsTaMaCk

14-09-2005 16:05:13

Here's the deal on the this company, peeps. I was scared about this to
I signed up and saw I had to cancel in three days. Well, after signing up you get a confirmation email and a pdf opens. If you don't save the PDF, there is no way to access it again unless its in your browser history. Their website looks completely scammish. So today, day 2, I was ringing their 800 number off the hook. I waited on hold for like 10-15 minutes then an automated message comes on saying, "thanks for calling customer service but we're currently closed" And this was at 1000amEST or so. So I emailed the address that was in the welcome message with a copy of my welcome message and stating I wanted to quit. I kept calling every hour and even at 1pmEST I was on hold for 15 minutes and then the 'we're not here' message. later in the day, around 2-3pm, I got a message back stating that they cancelled my account. So basically, if u don't like it and want to cancel, u have to email the email address in the welcome letter.

tpham2006

14-09-2005 20:03:26

I got my credit for this offer this morning D

RoBsTaMaCk

15-09-2005 07:33:50

I thought I'd mention this as well concerning this offer once you sign up, they point you to a PDF. After that, there is no way to access this 'information' that they are offering ever again. If you go back to their website, there is no place to sign in and absolutely no contact information. I don't really understand what this subscription is that you sign up for because there is nothing else on there and really no mention of what the subscription actually gets you.

chosn1

27-09-2005 12:24:49

Ok so I also signed up for this offer on Sept 12. I looked over their pdf and non existant website and lets face it - this site is a HUGE ripoff. So i decieded to cancel the third and final day of the offer( I always give offers a chance because, hey, they are paying for my free stuff). So now its the 27th, its been 15 days and still no green. So I contacted freepay with a manual green request and included my confirmation email. I then get a generic reply from freepay about not genuinely being interested in the offer. I'm frustrated and have submitted another request to freepay. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas????

kyks17

05-10-2005 23:04:56

i signed up 2 days ago and called and got the 15 mins of hold only to get the "we're closed call back when we're open" aka the time during which i called was when they said to call. so i emailed them 12 hours ago saying i wanted to cancel...no word from them yet.

Twiggyboy

08-10-2005 10:18:48

I also got nailed with this offer. I signed up, and ended up getting nothing so far. I called a few times only getting the Sorry we are closed message. I did get the cancel request in through the email and no response. I have yet to see a green nor have I seen a charge from them.
Now I dont see the offer on the site any more. DOes this mean I wasted my time completly?