ordered 8/29 - still not shipped

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2122

ackack

23-10-2004 13:14:32

is this abnormal?

my friend who ordered his the day before mine got it a few weeks ago, and mine hasnt even shipped yet...
cry

gage006

23-10-2004 13:16:30

perfectly normal. read some other posts, this has been said a million times. gratis is slowly catching up and right now things are semi-random. some of us have waited over 2 months for ours to finally ship.

DefinitelyNotLeonard

23-10-2004 13:33:15

I really can't understand why Gratis doesn't have more than one vendor at their disposal. I know they switched from eCost or something to Apple a couple of months ago (I think), but why the hell didn't they just add another source rather than replace the one they had altogether? If one is too slow, take half of your orders to another place.

Maybe somebody will be able to provide a good explanation as to why they aren't able to do that, because right now the way their doing it just doesn't make much business sense to me.
And I know... I'm complaining about a company that is sending me an iPod free of charge. But they are a business, and they do make money off of our referrals. If they were able to improve on this, they'd be doing even better than they already are, I'm sure.

rocadelpunk

23-10-2004 13:47:49

i dunno what you're talking about..

with ecost, bearly anybody was getting an ipod..for months.

the only reason people are getting ipods now is because gratis switched to the 'source' aka apple.

People have been getting ipods left and right.

granted, they may have been a little over their heads saying in 2 weeks every backorder would be taken care of. But plenty of people have been getting theirs and I'm sure there are hundreds of people who don't post on various ipod forums who've gotten theirs.

shrug