The best way to expedite your iPod shipment?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2106

MusicMan

22-10-2004 21:36:41

Publicity. If you can extend credibility to Gratis and the service they provide, then I'm willing to bet that bears a heavy factor in getting your iPod. Since there doesn't seem to be any logic to their shipping strategy, I'm guessing its something deeper.

Think about it...this company relies on positive word-of-mouth to get their name out there, and convice the market to participate in their business process. They'd be all the more wiser to reward those who can maintain their reputation...

creanium

22-10-2004 23:16:17

Umm ... well once they've sent the orders to Apple, it's pretty much in Apple's hands as to how to ship them. As far as Gratis is concerned, it really is a first-come, first-served basis in that they send your order to Apple once they process your order. Granted they do it in batches, but it's not like they hold your order because you didn't "spread the word" enough.

DefinitelyNotLeonard

22-10-2004 23:22:35

Yeah um... I don't think someone from Gratis is going to see a post on a message board or something and say "Oh well that person is doing a good job endorsing us! Let's find out who he is and speed up his order!". Especially seeing as how there are links to their service... everywhere.

Now if you're someone from TechTV or anybody that has such a large audience where endorsing a product or service is going to get special treatment from the company, I kind of doubt a free iPod would matter so much to you...

magik

22-10-2004 23:43:36

yea, shut up dude. stupid thread.

l0th

23-10-2004 08:58:08

I think right now the best way of expediting the ipod shipment is to get in a short and fast moving conga line for the new mp3players4free deal wink