switching 20 hpod for 40 ipod

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=208

jasonbisdead

16-09-2004 09:00:38

I know I could probably look through these forums and find an answer or more of a confirmation of my idea, but I'm going to piss off at least one person and be lazy and just start a new thread.

So I'm an 8/24, just swithched to the hpod 3 or 4 days ago, dont really think my ship date is going to be any time soon.

I want a 40gig. Couldn't I just take the unwrapped 20gig hpod to best buy (they sell the hpod online), return it for store credit, pay the extra hundred bones and get an actual APPLE 40gig? I mean if I'm going to buy a dock anyways, why not pay a few extra bucks and just get the 40 gig?

I wonder if they'll make me switch an hpod for an hpod.... that would suck... but then again, if i just return the damn thing and get store credit, I guess it won't matter.

Also, technically this won't be ripping off best buy will it? I mean if the thing was defective it would just go back to the vendor and they would get a new one, right?

Inferno69

16-09-2004 09:10:56

There was a thread on this. Go look around. Yes.

ilferetl

16-09-2004 13:08:39

yah, you'd be able to do it no problem. like inferno said, look around, there was a thread on someone who did this. granted, wasn't an hpod, but i'm sure it'd be the same deal

shifuimam

16-09-2004 13:12:02

Best Buy is WAY flexible about store credit. Just tell them it was a gift and if they say it's too expensive to exchange or some shit just tell them "my brother did it last month" or "I've done this before..." and they'll do it.

ilferetl

16-09-2004 13:13:11

yah, sound confident .. they get nervous when they think you know more than them P