Two legitimate referrals not approved! Questions...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=20621

Rednax

27-08-2005 17:14:00

Hello all,

I've been browsing these forums for several months and am friends with a9eoz.

I recently requested approval for my freeipods.com account, after obtaining the 5 required referrals by word of mouth. I then found two of my referrals disqualified, yet I know they are 100% legitmate and followed the rules correctly. The only possible reason for DQ I can think of is logging into my account on the same computer to check if they were credited causing some sort of IP conflict.

The first is a close friend of mine who signed up for Consumer Info, and even told me she decided to subscribe to the service for an extra month.

The second informed me that she completed the Napster offer, and experimented with it for the trial period.

Both of these referrals were disqualified, so I proceeded to submit an "appeal" via the freeipod support system 10 days ago. The ticket is still open awaiting a response.

I'd like to rectify this issue, maybe Jake could help me out? Finding those 5 people exhausted my potential referrals and with those two gone I am basically out of luck...

Or maybe I have not waited long enough for a response and they are investigating the account?

email r3dn4x [at] gmail.com

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Xander

geej86

27-08-2005 19:15:36

[quotecc13d0a593="Rednax"]The only possible reason for DQ I can think of is logging into my account on the same computer to check if they were credited causing some sort of IP conflict. [/quotecc13d0a593]

i can see this being red-flagged. If you were able to use your friends computer to check your status than you could easily have walked them through the whole process which is against freepays t.o.s.

Rednax

30-08-2005 01:58:28

I know that is against their TOS, so I purposely left them to do the sign-up process to avoid problems.

RonnyMAC

30-08-2005 05:51:35

I don't understand how me checking my account on one of my referrals computers proves that I "walked" them through their sign up because it doesn't.

I don't even really see what the big deal is if someone did walk their referral through the process of signing up because maybe they just want to be sure that they signed up correctly to the offer if they do not have good experience on the net. I don't argue with Freepay though so I made mine do it themselves.

emailjwr

30-08-2005 06:32:48

[quotee550559a95="RonnyMAC"]
I don't even really see what the big deal is if someone did walk their referral through the process of signing up because maybe they just want to be sure that they signed up correctly to the offer if they do not have good experience on the net. [/quotee550559a95]

he makes a good point ... especially with all the cookie problems, sketchy offers, and random DQ's it only makes sense for the referrer to give his/her referral lots of tips, it's mutually beneficial (helps the referral on his/her way, and ensures that the referrer gets his ipod) ... i think the 'walking through' jargon is just in there to make freepay look better to the advertisers, and get them higher referral fees from the advertisers

spiderjak

30-08-2005 08:10:26

The freebie sites make big money by being able to DQ people for small things. Expect that. I've had 3 dq's so far, and had to go into processing three times. It sucks, but its worth it if it pays off.

Vector

30-08-2005 08:46:43

what did you expect? this is gratis