Patience Is A Virtue

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1976

Breniecia

20-10-2004 13:53:28

Yeah I understand the wait is bothersome terrible.
I was STV 8/12 and just shipped 10/19.
But seriously give the FedEx and Apple people a break.
Get used to waiting-it's a [b33aa635143]FREE IPOD[/b33aa635143] of course it's not gonna be here tomorrow.

gljvd

20-10-2004 14:00:59

I don't blame apple or fedex , i blame gratis . I'm 8/17 so i've been waiting less than u , but its still over 2 months now and its still annoying to see people who finished a week ago get thiers already.

As i said when the hpod fisaco happened. Its not the waiting. Its the fact that i'm stil lwaiting and there are others who came after me that are getting them. I would have been fine waiting 3 months or 4 months if they were continueing to ship in order but the fact that they basicly said fu to all of use august people and started shipping sept and october orders before us gets me pissed.

creanium

20-10-2004 14:55:54

My take on it is the FIP deal ended up being more successful than even Gratis could have imagined. At first, it worked perfectly well for them to just order maybe a hundred or so per week from eCost; but when things started getting hectic (like around mid-August), they had to find something else because eCost just could not fulfill the FIP orders. Gratis then spent a month figuring out how to best solve this problem and landed on working directly with Apple. Well that required more logistics to be ironed out and things up and running. So once everything was in place, Gratis sent Apple a huge batch of orders that needed to be filled and is now filling orders as they can.

Yes it sucks to have to wait in excess of 2 months; but really, I don't think anyone is really 'to blame' in this instance. Gratis was just a victim of their own success. Yes it would have made sense to deal directly with Apple at the beginning, but it was probably just more cost-effective to go through a retailer like eCost.

wonderwheel

20-10-2004 15:14:34

well if people want to bitch and complain let them...it's not hurting anyone. If you don't like what they say just move on to the next thread. This thing could have been handled much better on Gratis' part but they got hit hard with orders and that's business. So we wait.

Some people can do it quietly or logically and some people can't. That's life...but really telling people that are complaining not to only creates more yelling and complaining.

I'm not happy that I have to wait while other get their's but hey what can we do

zed2004

20-10-2004 16:17:52

damn straight!

xyclonez

20-10-2004 16:21:54

[quoteb7ce3746a8="creanium"]My take on it is the FIP deal ended up being more successful than even Gratis could have imagined. At first, it worked perfectly well for them to just order maybe a hundred or so per week from eCost; but when things started getting hectic (like around mid-August), they had to find something else because eCost just could not fulfill the FIP orders. Gratis then spent a month figuring out how to best solve this problem and landed on working directly with Apple. Well that required more logistics to be ironed out and things up and running. So once everything was in place, Gratis sent Apple a huge batch of orders that needed to be filled and is now filling orders as they can.

Yes it sucks to have to wait in excess of 2 months; but really, I don't think anyone is really 'to blame' in this instance. Gratis was just a victim of their own success. Yes it would have made sense to deal directly with Apple at the beginning, but it was probably just more cost-effective to go through a retailer like eCost.[/quoteb7ce3746a8]

they could have at least made the august orders high-priority