iPod shipment went out today!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1935

calvinj23

19-10-2004 15:57:55

So, my iPod is finally on the way! looks like it left Shanghai at 1130PM their time.

My status still read's STV so it'll probably be changing sometime today / tonight.

all you other 9/15's might wanna give FedEX a call and see if you've went shipped as well.

EDIT

Here's a screenshot

http//www.albanyentertainment.com/shipped.jpg[" alt=""/imgb6aa85fcfd]

DisastirousMurmur

19-10-2004 16:00:07

calling

DisastirousMurmur

19-10-2004 16:02:20

'( they said nothing shipped to my address

calvinj23

19-10-2004 16:05:09

i was just making my daily call to them, asking if any packages were coming to my address. women checked said "yup, ive got 2 package's coming your way. ones from texas (im guessing its the new GTA that I just ordered), others from china" i then asked for the tracking # and said thanks. screencaps above.

roxah

19-10-2004 16:06:30

yea me to mines comming, on the part " at local fedex facility" then location , says china, its confusing it says LOCAL FACILITY, but says china, is it still in china waiting to fly over to the states,or did it leave already and arriving at the states?

Carina

19-10-2004 16:07:13

I'm on the same shipment (exact same times) and I've been tracking other shipments coming into my zip code (thought they might be mine at the time, but called and they weren't). This shipment now says it's already at the destination, which it obviously isn't and didn't happen to the ones that made it here. It did happen to the ones that were returned, though. So I'm a bit worried this one will be going back as well. I really hope I'm wrong.

keeleysam

19-10-2004 16:25:49

[quotea5e1e607d2="Carina"]I'm on the same shipment (exact same times) and I've been tracking other shipments coming into my zip code (thought they might be mine at the time, but called and they weren't). This shipment now says it's already at the destination, which it obviously isn't and didn't happen to the ones that made it here. It did happen to the ones that were returned, though. So I'm a bit worried this one will be going back as well. I really hope I'm wrong.[/quotea5e1e607d2]
same thing for the one that i am next to sure is mine. with ALL of these people on the same shipment, they HAVE to be ours.

l0th

19-10-2004 16:28:30

[quote0fe0173cbc]its confusing it says LOCAL FACILITY, but says china[/quote0fe0173cbc]
hum... how to explain this...

see, if you're in Shangai (China) and if you're talking about the FedEx facility around the corner, it's kind of local from your point of view. In the same way, a FedEx facility in CA or NY will appear to you as far far away.

Now, when the package comes to the U.S. and arrives in Alaska, to the people in Alaska, it seems that the package is in a local facility, although to you and to the guy in Shangai it seems far far away.

Now, the package comes to the FedEx facility the closest to your home. Then this is a local facility from your point of view and you can forget everything I've just said because it doesn't look like it will be of any use to you in any kind of future, close or remote.

TaterSalad

19-10-2004 16:31:47

[quote03a4e0cbbb="DisastirousMurmur"]'( they said nothing shipped to my address[/quote03a4e0cbbb]

Me neither (

tetro

19-10-2004 16:37:47

nothing for me

Carina

19-10-2004 16:42:17

Well, this is what it looks like when it is delivered. After it's left the origin it goes to "in transit", none of this "at local FedEx facility" stuff while in China. But that is what happens when it gets sent back.

Oct 11, 2004 
 1028 AM
Delivered  
ATLANTA, GA 

952 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
LITHIA SPRINGS, GA 

Oct 9, 2004 
 701 AM
At dest sort facility  
HAPEVILLE, GA 

400 AM
In transit
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 
Departed location 

1237 AM
Int'l shipment release  
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 

Oct 8, 2004 
 435 PM
In transit
ANCHORAGE, AK 

231 PM
In transit  
ANCHORAGE, AK
Departed location 

123 PM
Left origin  
SHANGHAI CN 

105 PM
Picked up  
SHANGHAI CN 
Future delivery requested  

934 AM
Package data transmitted to FedEx; package not in FedEx possession  

MusicMan

19-10-2004 16:48:36

Just called and spoke to a representative, and they claimed that mine was also shipped out today from Apple, and should be arriving at my doorstep next Monday.

I'm psyched!!

ksg

19-10-2004 16:50:45

Yup, mine's shipped too! (Mine was one of those ".CHOP"url==http://=http:///url delivered in China ones, but now I have a new tracking #)

Phbs83

19-10-2004 17:08:06

Me too, however it's still too good to be true) I called them, and the lady said that it was really coming to my name and address. However, I still haven't received any news from either Gratis or Apple regarding this order. But on the other hand there isn`t another shipped ipod going to my town, so I really hope it is mine.

About the tracking statuses - don`t worry too much about them, FedEx has a somewhat unclear statuses. Local FedEx facility might mean literally everywhere, as someone pointed out earlier. It just depends on where you are. And you really shouldn`t assume that "local" means YOUR local. It's just the way their system is set up.