Anyone else pissed about the way gratis is shipping ?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1916

gljvd

19-10-2004 13:05:23

I'm very pissed off with this company. I know there are others waiting longer than i am (though not by much 8/17) But this is bull . People who ordered in sept or even October should not be getting their products before those in august . Now i know some of the childish members are going to come in and say its free so stop complaining. But the simple fact is its not free. I fulfilled my requirements that cost me money as I actually used the AOL music net service for 2 months (just canceled it) .

Not only that but people who are waiting to sign up under me for flat screens or the PC are thinking this is a scam as I am not getting the product .

Gratis is a horrible company in regards to how they operate . They really need to get their act together because if they are this unprofessional at this aspect of their business i would not want to deal with them in other aspects and i feel sorry for those who do have to deal with them .

crow216

19-10-2004 13:07:22

im not pissed 10/13 stv and im getting something coming to my zip ) lol

DisastirousMurmur

19-10-2004 13:16:02

im not really pissed i just cant wait till i gwet shipped

Cosmo576

19-10-2004 13:18:02

[quote8d52f72968="gljvd"]I'm very pissed off with this company. I know there are others waiting longer than i am (though not by much 8/17) But this is bull . People who ordered in sept or even October should not be getting their products before those in august . Now i know some of the childish members are going to come in and say its free so stop complaining. But the simple fact is its not free. I fulfilled my requirements that cost me money as I actually used the AOL music net service for 2 months (just canceled it) .

Not only that but people who are waiting to sign up under me for flat screens or the PC are thinking this is a scam as I am not getting the product .

Gratis is a horrible company in regards to how they operate . They really need to get their act together because if they are this unprofessional at this aspect of their business i would not want to deal with them in other aspects and i feel sorry for those who do have to deal with them .[/quote8d52f72968]

Never heard so much bitching about not receiving their "free" item fast enough. Gratis is offering a quality product for free and the only thing you have to do is complete an offer, some of those offers cost you very little to nothing compared to the ipod they are going to send you valued around $300. And you complain cause you have to wait for it. Amazing.

CollidgeGraduit

19-10-2004 13:18:39

Meh, nothing can be accomplished by complaining about it. All we can do is sit back and hope our iPods ship soon.

tk

19-10-2004 13:24:21

[quote9af5400e6a="gljvd"]I'm very pissed off with this company. I know there are others waiting longer than i am (though not by much 8/17) But this is bull . People who ordered in sept or even October should not be getting their products before those in august . Now i know some of the childish members are going to come in and say its free so stop complaining. But the simple fact is its not free. I fulfilled my requirements that cost me money as I actually used the AOL music net service for 2 months (just canceled it) .

Gratis is a horrible company in regards to how they operate . They really need to get their act together because if they are this unprofessional at this aspect of their business i would not want to deal with them in other aspects and i feel sorry for those who do have to deal with them .[/quote9af5400e6a]

If you don't like their company, don't use it.

gljvd

19-10-2004 13:25:34

[quotefff67bd798]Never heard so much bitching about not receiving their "free" item fast enough. Gratis is offering a quality product for free and the only thing you have to do is complete an offer, some of those offers cost you very little to nothing compared to the ipod they are going to send you valued around $300. And you complain cause you have to wait for it. Amazing.[/quotefff67bd798] No you twit the reason I'm complaining is because the money they recieved from my sign up , offer completion and referals was recived by them way before anyone from october or sept and they are using that to pay for those peoples ipods instead of those who should be getting thier ipods.

I figured someone like you would reply .

tyketto

19-10-2004 13:27:50

Free or not, they really messed up by not shipping in the order people completed the requirements. If people who just finished are shipping and those from August and September are not, Gratis is in the wrong.
It's just common sense to keep their customers happy. This way is just pissing people off.

Cyrus328is

19-10-2004 13:31:45

I agree with gljvd and understand his frustration. For all those saying its free, etc, I am sure if you wait for more than 2 months and see guys who just waited for a week being shipped, you'll be damn pissed.

But, Gratis is going through a learning curve here. I guess the situation with ipods is because of both backorders and mistakes on gratis's side. They have been reasonably good with ffs and desktop pcs in sending out fifo. I am sure once all the Aug and Sep orders ship out, the number of complaints will die down.

My 2 cents

Cyrus

wonderwheel

19-10-2004 13:42:50

I can wait. ha, actually I have to and I don't really mind but I think if gratis had a little more customer support and gave straight forward answers people wouldn't have to be mad.

Like if I knew for a 100% fact that my order has been sent to apple and that it will be shipped out eventually I can wait a while...as of right now though I know nothing and can't expect anything...but deep down inside I know they are going to ship but I would just like assurance

l0th

19-10-2004 13:43:21

Yeah, I'm totally pissed I'm a 10/13 stv and I've now been waiting for almost 10 days lol

No seriously, I'm so glad it didn't turn out to be a scam that I don't really care about the shipping order. I just think october stv who got shipped should be careful not hurt the feelings and nerves of august and september stv who are still waiting though.

And so let us all pray for our ipods, for the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few are chosen.

joeman957

19-10-2004 14:44:12

Yeah I agree, it's not about this stupid shit being free anymore, it's about a first come first serve basis. They need to follow that. So to all the people that keep saying 'stop complaining, it's free', maybe you should stfu, stop complaining, and let people say what they think.

tk

19-10-2004 14:51:07

[quote697263b960="joeman957"]Yeah I agree, it's not about this stupid shit being free anymore, it's about a first come first serve basis. They need to follow that. So to all the people that keep saying 'stop complaining, it's free', maybe you should stfu, stop complaining, and let people say what they think.[/quote697263b960]

You don't like their business, what exactly are you going to do about it? They aren't doing anything illegal so you can't take any legal course of action. Your only option is to not support their business, so don't. Complaining isn't going to get anything done for you.

TenceRiker

19-10-2004 14:57:34

I'd be pissed if I was an August or Sept. person. Its not really fair to them that Gratis is screwing up and not shipping them thier shit when they completed thier end of the bargain. Hell if you can document it right I'd get every1 together who is STV in august/septmeber and send a mass email to Gratis. At least they might get the point.

tetro

19-10-2004 14:59:36

It looks like there's no definite plan on how gratis is shipping. What's another month right?

jasonbisdead

19-10-2004 15:07:38

[quote6998377a65="Cosmo576"][quote6998377a65="gljvd"]I'm very pissed off with this company. I know there are others waiting longer than i am (though not by much 8/17) But this is bull . People who ordered in sept or even October should not be getting their products before those in august . Now i know some of the childish members are going to come in and say its free so stop complaining. But the simple fact is its not free. I fulfilled my requirements that cost me money as I actually used the AOL music net service for 2 months (just canceled it) .

Gratis is a horrible company in regards to how they operate . They really need to get their act together because if they are this unprofessional at this aspect of their business i would not want to deal with them in other aspects and i feel sorry for those who do have to deal with them .[/quote6998377a65]

Never heard so much bitching about not receiving their "free" item fast enough. Gratis is offering a quality product for free and the only thing you have to do is complete an offer, some of those offers cost you very little to nothing compared to the ipod they are going to send you valued around $300. And you complain cause you have to wait for it. Amazing.[/quote6998377a65]

man are you even waiting on a product? have you sat back and waited patiently and watched people brag about their items shipping knowing full well that you ordered your item almost a full 2 months before them? If you have, and you're still saying what you're saying, you're a weird dude and I don't get you, but whatever. But chances are, you're someone on the outside looking in and you have no experience with this bullshit to really speak of

So do us a favor. Get back in your cage and if someone wants to hear your mouth we'll rattle your fuckin' chains.

hemingway2

19-10-2004 15:33:47

[quote689c5bd460="TenceRiker"]I'd be pissed if I was an August or Sept. person. Its not really fair to them that Gratis is screwing up and not shipping them thier shit when they completed thier end of the bargain. Hell if you can document it right I'd get every1 together who is STV in august/septmeber and send a mass email to Gratis. At least they might get the point.[/quote689c5bd460]

ill gladly set that up if anyone else is into it.

tk

19-10-2004 15:37:21

[quote9293932b03="jasonbisdead"]man are you even waiting on a product? have you sat back and waited patiently and watched people brag about their items shipping knowing full well that you ordered your item almost a full 2 months before them? If you have, and you're still saying what you're saying, you're a weird dude and I don't get you, but whatever. But chances are, you're someone on the outside looking in and you have no experience with this bullshit to really speak of

So do us a favor. Get back in your cage and if someone wants to hear your mouth we'll rattle your fuckin' chains.[/quote9293932b03]

What is the difference between about else here getting up and bitching about gratis (which will acomplish absolutely nothing), and him saying that they shouldn't complain (which will also do nothing)?

I understand that people are getting frustrated as to people shipping and not shiping and all sorts of good stuff. But you seem to want this thread to turn into a big circle jerk about how you don't like gratis. It gets nothing acomplished.

roxah

19-10-2004 15:42:24

im a 10/6 and got shipped, i feel for you, even that little 10 day wait felt like a life time, now imagine almost 3 months!

jasonbisdead

19-10-2004 15:43:46

At a circle jerk, we would all eventually blow our loads. Maybe you're right, we're just bitchin' about blue balls. WTF?

If you'll take take notice, the subject of the thread IS "Anyone else pissed about the way gratis is shipping"? If you don't want to read a bitch thread, why are you reading this shite?

DOH!

tk

19-10-2004 16:07:34

[quotef37b488649="jasonbisdead"]At a circle jerk, we would all eventually blow our loads. Maybe you're right, we're just bitchin' about blue balls. WTF?

If you'll take take notice, the subject of the thread IS "Anyone else pissed about the way gratis is shipping"? If you don't want to read a bitch thread, why are you reading this shite?

DOH![/quotef37b488649]

I don't think you understood. When I said it was just a big circle jerk, I meant that you would all just post here about how you don't like gratis, and somehow it would make all of you feel better about it. It was a metaphor, sorry if I went over your head.

This thread is useless, it does nothing at all. It isn't even something worthwhile to talk about. Its like a bunch of college students who get together and bitch about how the country sucks and then don't vote. The only difference is, you don't have the option to vote when it comes to this.

(That thing about voting was a simile, just in case you didn't catch that. I wasn't actually talking about you being a bunch of college students bitching about the country, but rather that you could compare youselves to them.)

gage006

19-10-2004 16:10:14

gratis fxcked up but since they've switched to apple they're definately getting back on track. you sure you haven't shipped yet? i was ip3 the same day..

jasonbisdead

19-10-2004 18:33:26

Dude, did anyone rattle your chains? Seriously.

Next time we have a metaphorical circle jerk, I'll let you know. I've got a fresh one waiting for you.

Now, Fuck off.

EatChex89

19-10-2004 18:38:44

i'm not pissed, i got my flatscreen within 1month of processing

joeman957

19-10-2004 18:57:11

what flatscreen did you get? my 15" samsung was shipped 2 weeks ago and still its not here.. although it might be soon.

EatChex89

19-10-2004 19:00:35

i got the 17" samsung

tk

19-10-2004 19:12:23

[quote581ae3feb3="jasonbisdead"]Dude, did anyone rattle your chains? Seriously.

Next time we have a metaphorical circle jerk, I'll let you know. I've got a fresh one waiting for you.

Now, Fuck off.[/quote581ae3feb3]

You seem to have what some people like to call a "superiority complex". You think that you are better than a lot of people here for no reason at all. You are using this as a very childish escape mechanism to avoid the subject at hand. Rather than responding directly to what I said or simply ignoring the situation, you are replying with something completely off subject. Pushing me aside and trying to give yourself a feeling of superiority is not going to do anything.

yiluncn

19-10-2004 19:33:07

I will get my ipod tomorrow when they are delivering it to my house.

BUT, I don't like the way they did it, because they did NOT follow the first come first serve basic which they promosed previously.

DScala

19-10-2004 19:35:52

You're pissed?

Do something about it. Well, what I mean is, do something about it that might actually make a difference.

Cause bitching doesn't do much, y'know?

DyedBlue

19-10-2004 19:47:06

tk, you are basically doing nothing but getting the thread off topic. The question of whether the thread is valid or not seems to be more a of a question for mods to decide than you, and it would appear this thread isn't locked.
Saying this thread is worthless is worthless. Many people who have been waiting a long time should have gotten their ipods already. What do you think they are going to talk about? Misery loves company, at least talking with other people who are going through the same thing can help them feel better. You seek to deny them this comfort? Boo at thee.

yiluncn

19-10-2004 20:14:25

[quote809d125a13="DScala"]You're pissed?

Do something about it. Well, what I mean is, do something about it that might actually make a difference.

Cause bitching doesn't do much, y'know?[/quote809d125a13]

I already sent them 5 e-mails regarding the unorderly shippments since 9/20.
What else can you do? go to their company, knock on the door and go protesting on the street??

People who have waited for 2 months are pissed off by them, not the ones who ordered 2 weeks ago and shipped already. They just want to complain about their feelings. Totally Understandable.

pshave you received yours?

Guardian

19-10-2004 20:24:48

you should go to Ecost and protest there P

tk

19-10-2004 20:53:02

[quoted62a0271aa="DyedBlue"]tk, you are basically doing nothing but getting the thread off topic. The question of whether the thread is valid or not seems to be more a of a question for mods to decide than you, and it would appear this thread isn't locked.
Saying this thread is worthless is worthless. Many people who have been waiting a long time should have gotten their ipods already. What do you think they are going to talk about? Misery loves company, at least talking with other people who are going through the same thing can help them feel better. You seek to deny them this comfort? Boo at thee.[/quoted62a0271aa]
My original intent was only to state my opinion on the matter, thereafter I was only replying to anything directed at me. Just because this thread is able to exist (mods didn't lock it), doesn't mean that it is worth being here. I can cover my bed in smashed bananas if I want to, but that doesn't mean its worth it.

The general gist of threads like this is that gratis is a terrible company, and the conduct busniess poorly. Sitting here bitching about it does absolutely nothing but bring people together to bitch about it. There is no reason to be hostile towards people with a different opinion.

DyedBlue

19-10-2004 20:59:46

Your opinion then is that Gratis is conducting business awesomely? Or good-ish? Because if it is then you never said so.

The only opinion you've said is "shut up" which I think is a good enough reason to be a bit hostile.

HOSTILE'D

tk

19-10-2004 21:18:05

[quote6c62881260="DyedBlue"]Your opinion then is that Gratis is conducting business awesomely? Or good-ish? Because if it is then you never said so.

The only opinion you've said is "shut up" which I think is a good enough reason to be a bit hostile.[/quote6c62881260]

I never said gratis was conducting business well, though I don't think they are doing as poorly as some people say. It is my personal opinion that all the orders are in Apple's hands at this point, and they are just sending them out. I don't have any way of confirming that, but its just what I'm thinking. If you would truely like to know my opinion, I have already stated it a few times in this thread. You can go read it.

I never said shut up. If you can find where I did, I would like to see it.

DyedBlue

19-10-2004 21:41:33

I was summing up your opinion. A "general gist" as you might say. You are right, you didn't say "shut up." You said

[quote041de3faa9="tk"]

This thread is useless, it does nothing at all. It isn't even something worthwhile to talk about. Its like a bunch of college students who get together and bitch about how the country sucks and then don't vote. The only difference is, you don't have the option to vote when it comes to this.

(That thing about voting was a simile, just in case you didn't catch that. I wasn't actually talking about you being a bunch of college students bitching about the country, but rather that you could compare youselves to them.)[/quote041de3faa9]

I know you never said gratis was conducting business well, I actually just said you didn't.

You don't think they are doing as poorly as some people say? I don't think I've read anyone quantifying the amount of badness aside from "It's pissing me off."

Most people probably think that the orders are in Apple's hands, however, the lack of a way to confirm this is really what's grating on people. What makes Gratis's business conduct poor is their lack of communication, at least, I think so.

The worth of this thread is the support of those in waiting.

xyclonez

19-10-2004 22:18:03

Gratis should have made the august orders high priority at Apple and then the rest should have gone in order.

gljvd

19-10-2004 22:46:09

I went through their site crap and sent them this
[quote8a5fb71118]I was wondering whats going on with my order. I am stv on 8/17 and have not gotten my ipod yet. However at freeipodguide.com in the forums users from october are getting their ipods. I"m starting to get very fustrated. I've been signed up since your faq said the wait on the 20 gig ipods were 2 weeks. I"m at over 2 months wait and I'm very very fustrated . Can u please let me know when I"m going to ship or why these other people are getting their orders before I am.
[/quote8a5fb71118]

Hopefully i wil lget a response for all of us who are getting dicked over

hemingway2

19-10-2004 23:15:33

[quote878223ebf6="gljvd"]I went through their site crap and sent them this
[quote878223ebf6]I was wondering whats going on with my order. I am stv on 8/17 and have not gotten my ipod yet. However at freeipodguide.com in the forums users from october are getting their ipods. I"m starting to get very fustrated. I've been signed up since your faq said the wait on the 20 gig ipods were 2 weeks. I"m at over 2 months wait and I'm very very fustrated . Can u please let me know when I"m going to ship or why these other people are getting their orders before I am.
[/quote878223ebf6]

Hopefully i wil lget a response for all of us who are getting dicked over[/quote878223ebf6]

where are you finding a contact form

gljvd

20-10-2004 00:30:03

Okay go the the faq page . Then my issue is about an order placed . Then go to my order was shipped over 15 days ago.

Its the only way i could find to contact them.

Puzzled

20-10-2004 07:40:55

There is no way to discuss any of this with Gratis apologists. We all know that the August people were screwed and the apologists don't give a rats ass. First they argued that it's free and it's alright to wait a month. Then it's alright to wait two months. But don't you dare even bash on their beloved company if new orders are being shipped even though yours is 2 - 2+ months backordered. They'll still be telling your to STFU because it's free even though the backorder will slip to 3-4 months. It's a raw deal.

Kriz

20-10-2004 08:29:00

There's two sides of the coin, here folks.

And whaddya know, as usual, I'm right smack dab in the middle.

I still think Gratis will come through, but I AM pissed that some are being shipped before me.

gljvd

20-10-2004 12:05:12

I got a typical screw u response from gratis

[quote0665d87ab6]On 10/20/2004 123724 PM customer service wrote
Your order has been sent to our vendor and they will fill the order and ship it out to you.[/quote0665d87ab6]

THey really need to get thier act together , esp since they are listed with the bbb . They can get a very very bad rating from just the august people alone.

I'm going to go leave feedback with the bbb.

fredward

20-10-2004 21:35:52

Let me put it this way. One of my referrals got his iPod before I did.

joeman957

20-10-2004 21:51:52

has it ever occurred to gratis to make a fucking news page? that would be nice, and it wouldnt take too much effort either.

hemingway2

21-10-2004 08:08:39

"Anyone else pissed about the way gratis is shipping ?"

yes.