has anyone actually spoken to gratis. (august/early sept)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1851

hemingway2

18-10-2004 14:56:22

i've been lurking here for quite some time, and searched a bit.
read all the theories, and hypotheses.

the real question is. for us august/early sept folk, has anyone asked gratis what is up.

cheers.
k

ps - anyone else 8/28

mapStuart

18-10-2004 16:15:28

I asked this morning if they'd mind clarifying the situation. I've emailed them twice before and they responded within 2 hours, but I haven't heard anything yet today. STV 8/24.

hemingway2

19-10-2004 10:21:17

[quote9025efa36d="mapStuart"]I asked this morning if they'd mind clarifying the situation. I've emailed them twice before and they responded within 2 hours, but I haven't heard anything yet today. STV 8/24.[/quote9025efa36d]

any news
(and how are you contacting them?)

JamesM4321

19-10-2004 10:24:58

I was told through a PM on here from Harry that mine was shipped already (this was a few days ago). I'm an 8/24....though that changed on their site....

He said I was shipped, but no confirmation from Fedex cust service, InSite, or the online tracking. I'm also not listed as shipped.

mapStuart

19-10-2004 10:26:06

Still haven't heard anything from Gratis...

wonderwheel

19-10-2004 10:41:17

I think one thing that would comfort me is if I knew that there was an order placed on my behalf. If i knew that apple had an order for me I wouldn't even worry about when I got it

mapStuart

19-10-2004 10:53:49

me too. Here's a portion of the email I sent Gratis yesterday

"So, I was hoping maybe you could shed some light on the situation to alleviate some worries people seem to have. With the October and September orders shipping before us August orders, we've been left to speculate on what possibly has happened. The two most prevalent theories are that you guys placed a bulk order with Apple but that there wasn't necessarily an order to it in terms of STV dates which is why the dates that are shipping have no rhyme or reason - or that some of us August orders are somehow still backordered with Ecost that you can't cancel and so we're just left to wait until Ecost can fulfill them.

Is there anyway you can tell me what is the truth so I can spread the word to my August breathren on the freeipodguide forum? I know it would probably put a lot of minds at ease. Thanks for any help you can give."

Still no reply 1 day later - I'll keep you posted.

hemingway2

19-10-2004 11:44:58

whats the email address you're sending to ?

wonderwheel

19-10-2004 13:11:40

[quotebe2847699f="mapStuart"]me too. Here's a portion of the email I sent Gratis yesterday

"So, I was hoping maybe you could shed some light on the situation to alleviate some worries people seem to have. With the October and September orders shipping before us August orders, we've been left to speculate on what possibly has happened. The two most prevalent theories are that you guys placed a bulk order with Apple but that there wasn't necessarily an order to it in terms of STV dates which is why the dates that are shipping have no rhyme or reason - or that some of us August orders are somehow still backordered with Ecost that you can't cancel and so we're just left to wait until Ecost can fulfill them.

Is there anyway you can tell me what is the truth so I can spread the word to my August breathren on the freeipodguide forum? I know it would probably put a lot of minds at ease. Thanks for any help you can give."

Still no reply 1 day later - I'll keep you posted.[/quotebe2847699f]

thanks please keep us posted

mapStuart

19-10-2004 13:12:43

[quote3624e2184d="hemingway2"]whats the email address you're sending to ?[/quote3624e2184d]I don't really want to post it because I don't want it being inundated with requests (although it might already be, hence why I'm getting no response now).

hemingway2

19-10-2004 15:38:29

no worries