Good news regarding returned orders. UPDATED

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1842

J_west

18-10-2004 13:55:12

I spoke with a Apple representive and got the scoop. Apparently, the LRT system did not log the Ipods that were sent out of the warehouse. This resulted in the inventory showing more iPods then they had. It was necessary to recall all orders and get them rescanned properly. All orders were re-sent and a new FedX tracking number will be available today. The orders will arrive one to two days later. So, jump for joy, we will get our iPods.

D D D

+Karma is appreciated. Thanks.

I spoke with a Apple representive and was given a good impression that the iPods that appeared to be returned and delivered back to China, were in fact, delivered to a customs weigh station. The rep said usually the items are just sent directly to Alaska then to a shipping HUB in Tenn, but in this case they were sent to customs in China.

She looked up my order and was going to escalate it for further review. I was given a order number and the rep's extension so I can contact her in 24 hours to see where the iPod is in route. I was told if in fact the iPod was returned, they would put a tracker on it and/or reorder one and just send it to me.

They were really cool and nice and in no way did I feel I was being given the company line. So there is hope that all will correct itself in the next 24 to 48 hours. Cross your fingers and wiggle your toes.

J_west

Can I get a little + Karma please?

tk

18-10-2004 13:58:59

[quote3a2f2dfbfe="J_west"]I spoke with a Apple representive and was given a good impression that the iPods that appeared to be returned and delivered back to China, were in fact, delivered to a customs weigh station. The rep said usually the items are just sent directly to Alaska then to a shipping HUB in Tenn, but in this case they were sent to customs in China.

She looked up my order and was going to escalate it for further review. I was given a order number and the rep's extension so I can contact her in 24 hours to see where the iPod is in route. I was told if in fact the iPod was returned, they would put a tracker on it and/or reorder one and just send it to me.

They were really cool and nice and in no way did I feel I was being given the company line. So there is hope that all will correct itself in the next 24 to 48 hours. Cross your fingers and wiggle your toes.

J_west

Can I get a little + Karma please?[/quote3a2f2dfbfe]

That would make a little sense. Such as why ones going to Canada weren't "sent back". Though it still seems strange that they would be reported as delivered, and even view the address they were going to. I'll go with that and just keep hoping and checking.

tyketto

18-10-2004 14:10:29

Sounds like a weird fluke. Not that you want to hear that, but that's what it seems like right now. If it was an issue with Gratis, they'd tell you it was for nonpayment I'm sure.

tk

18-10-2004 14:12:51

[quote8146b4e35b="tyketto"]Sounds like a weird fluke. Not that you want to hear that, but that's what it seems like right now. If it was an issue with Gratis, they'd tell you it was for nonpayment I'm sure.[/quote8146b4e35b]
I was very confident it wasn't issues with gratis, as there were also 40gb and iPod mini's that went out with the same thing happening. I am just speaking for the orders that shipped today, not the ones they already got over here and went back.

tyketto

18-10-2004 14:15:12

Yeah, I think some other people were worried it was a Gratis thing... you are right though, tk, it seems odd. Well, we'll just have to see.

Breniecia

18-10-2004 14:23:32

Awesome!