Can you believe it? Placed on hold because of a ex- tenant.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1810

J_west

18-10-2004 02:56:51

One of my referrals was waiting for approval for their FIP and Blamo!, they were placed on hold. Of course they wrote Gratis only to find out the person who previously lived in his apartment had signed up for FIP and had moved. My referral told Gratis that was a previous renter and he never knew the person, but Gratis wasn't hearing it. I feel really bad because my friend is a good guy and really wants the IPOD.

All I could tell him was to try to write again and see what happens. I wish there was another way to help this guy.

Any ideas?

l0th

18-10-2004 03:27:09

well, you could always tell him that some people completed the deal in august and still don't have their ipod yet. Or you could tell him that they come with "freeipods.com" engraved on the back (okay, this isn't true anymore, but do you want him to feel better?). Or you could tell him that the rio karma and the iriver hd players are way better than the ipod anyway.

If that doesn't work, you could find out the name of the previous tenant and go beat the shit out of him together.

You could also tell your friend to sign up using his old mailing address and then he could imagine another person who's just moved in his old place mourning because he can't get a free ipod either.

If that doesn't work either, oh well, you could try to write to gratis again.

ThisSunAlsoRises

18-10-2004 23:22:30

you could email them a scanned copy of the declaration of his ownership of his apartment or whatever... so it shows when he moved in...