I Got put on Hold!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17657

RyGuy16

29-06-2005 09:17:43

So I have been waiting since 6/16 to get approved on freeipods and wake up to find that my account has been placed on hold. I am so upset. ( I think I may know why so I sent a support ticket but hopefully we can get everything figured out. I had made an account a long time ago but never used it and the account I am using now I actually made from my girlfriends computer but used mine. But I had told Gratis before I reached my requirements and they said it'd be alright. I just want to get my ipod. Does this mean they will still ship my shuffle? It is processing right now so that'd suck if they won't send it til this is figured out. I just can't wait for a response or something from Gratis. This sucks.

Flavius

29-06-2005 14:44:46

That sucks! Get ready to hurry up and wait. The last time I contacted Gratis it took them over 10 days to respond.

tonydanza92

29-06-2005 15:09:27

when you ask them questions like that beforehand you need to make sure to have a copy of your email to them and theirs back saying it's ok.

if they have already said it was ok usually they'll take you off hold right away

PrObLy

29-06-2005 16:31:19

I have had a much different experience than Flavius had with Gratis' support. Each time I have contacted Gratis they have responded within 24 hours (providing it was a weekday). Although, sometimes they appeared to be the generic "copy/paste" type responses.

You can always shoot a PM over to Jake, I know he's very thorough and quick with responses.

Good luck.

prolific

29-06-2005 17:01:40

gratis is a shady company ... they put my xbox360 account on hold and gave no reason whatsoever as to why it was put on hold ... i know ive done nothing wrong .. this is how they make money by picking and choosing to put certain accounts on hold so they dont have to give out the gifts

Nick811

29-06-2005 20:54:28

[quote3a0c53ed66="prolific"]gratis is a shady company ... they put my xbox360 account on hold and gave no reason whatsoever as to why it was put on hold ... i know ive done nothing wrong .. this is how they make money by picking and choosing to put certain accounts on hold so they dont have to give out the gifts[/quote3a0c53ed66]

umm thats more OC gratis is prob the most legit of them all they never scam and if your level with them and be mellow they will help you out i mean come on its not like your paying them for your free gift...

Flavius

29-06-2005 20:56:28

[quote2032a1557b="PrObLy"]I have had a much different experience than Flavius had with Gratis' support. Each time I have contacted Gratis they have responded within 24 hours (providing it was a weekday). Although, sometimes they appeared to be the generic "copy/paste" type responses.

You can always shoot a PM over to Jake, I know he's very thorough and quick with responses.

Good luck.[/quote2032a1557b]

Yeah, I always got the auto response too. I've had much better luck talking to Jake via PM. He usually gets back to me within 24 hrs.

RyGuy16

30-06-2005 02:41:36

[quote8e32c6a632="tonydanza92"]when you ask them questions like that beforehand you need to make sure to have a copy of your email to them and theirs back saying it's ok.

if they have already said it was ok usually they'll take you off hold right away[/quote8e32c6a632]

Well i had sent a support ticket so all the questions are on my account still with the responses.

donaldpaul3

30-06-2005 12:25:21

[quote6efd429bfc="Nick811"][quote6efd429bfc="prolific"]gratis is a shady company ... they put my xbox360 account on hold and gave no reason whatsoever as to why it was put on hold ... i know ive done nothing wrong .. this is how they make money by picking and choosing to put certain accounts on hold so they dont have to give out the gifts[/quote6efd429bfc]

umm thats more OC gratis is prob the most legit of them all they never scam and if your level with them and be mellow they will help you out i mean come on its not like your paying them for your free gift...[/quote6efd429bfc]

Well, technically we are paying them. We pay for an offer and find people who pay for the offer, and the offers pay them. If a=b and b=c then a=c. Without us they would make $0. And if they put accounts on hold for no reason, have poor customer service, or generally piss everyone off they will end up like OC and no one will want to do their sites.

But Gratis is the most legit out of all sites, and I hope to finish all of them. Problem is they make it very hard by putting me on hold everytime I request approval ?

Phbs83

30-06-2005 12:35:28

Oh, another "Gratis bashing" thread forming )

Saying Gratis is not legit, is ridiculous, and we all know why...

donald - technically you're not paying them nothing ) You're doing an offer you're interested in doing, and Gratis is providing you with such offers. If the "time and energy I have used to get the free stuff..." etc. is worth more, then why did you do it at all?

If you play by the rules (Gratis' TOS - you [b66fba49fc7]did[/b66fba49fc7] read them, didn't you?) you won't have a problem. If you don't follow them - well you know what happens next twisted

donaldpaul3

30-06-2005 12:43:06

[quotea8c7069374="Phbs83"]Oh, another "Gratis bashing" thread forming )

Saying Gratis is not legit, is ridiculous, and we all know why...

donald - technically you're not paying them nothing ) You're doing an offer you're interested in doing, and Gratis is providing you with such offers. If the "time and energy I have used to get the free stuff..." etc. is worth more, then why did you do it at all?

If you play by the rules (Gratis' TOS - you [ba8c7069374]did[/ba8c7069374] read them, didn't you?) you won't have a problem. If you don't follow them - well you know what happens next twisted[/quotea8c7069374]

If you say so )

And yes, I read the rules and followed them. And no, this is not a gratis bashing thread, I don't think anyone said gratis is not legit. Lets not over react, OK!

Phbs83

30-06-2005 12:46:58

Prolific's post says it )

Anyway, good luck to all in persuading Gratis CS to put you off hold

prolific

30-06-2005 14:29:27

i never said gratis wasn't legit ... i said they are a little bit shady ... ive gotten a xbox and ps2 from them so i know that they do give out the stuff ...

but, the way they handle their customer service makes it very difficult to deal with them ... i try to talk to them through their website submit form and they either give automated responses or just flat out say "Your account will remain on hold" ...

also you know you aren't dealing with an approachable company when they have no phone #'s to contact their customer service and instead have a text messege form on their website which they take their sweet time to reply to once in a blue moon or give out automated responses.

Phbs83

30-06-2005 15:02:28

Not all the companies have to list a phone number for CS inquiries.
Imagine how busy they will be if they had to answer all the inquiries by phone. That wouldn't actually make it easier to contact them, and just waiting on the phone for someone to pick up is even more annoying

Anyway, I couldn't find a contact phone for say eBay as well )

P.S. PS2 & Xbox both from Gratis ?

jeff6523

30-06-2005 16:01:20

[quoteefd37a2013="Phbs83"]
Imagine how busy they will be if they had to answer all the inquiries by phone. [/quoteefd37a2013]

lol no kidding. but hey, thats customer service. imagine how busy dell is on their phones. but thats what its for; to resolve problems. (dont turn this into a thread about outsourcing to india)

its supposed to be hard to get your "prize" (i use the term lightly). think of all teh people that were unfairly put on hold but gave up. gratis probably saves hundreds of thousands of dollars by making it difficult to challenge this.

prolific

30-06-2005 17:57:41

[quoteb403688b50="Phbs83"]Not all the companies have to list a phone number for CS inquiries.
Imagine how busy they will be if they had to answer all the inquiries by phone. That wouldn't actually make it easier to contact them, and just waiting on the phone for someone to pick up is even more annoying

Anyway, I couldn't find a contact phone for say eBay as well )

P.S. PS2 & Xbox both from Gratis ?[/quoteb403688b50]

got the ps2 and xbox from freevideogames.com

anyway here are the phone #s to contact ebay

1-800-322-9266
1-888-749-3229

730 AM - 530 PM, PST

Phbs83

01-07-2005 06:55:59

My fault - I couldn't find them, but I didn't search for the numbers very carefully.

It's not dificult to challenge this - if you are right, you'll be taken off hold. You have to be persistent, know what you're talking about, have proof, and avoid something along the lines "you scammed me" etc.