There's no solid consensus on these matters...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1744

jeffk

16-10-2004 19:37:30

There's no solid argument for or against switching to the Hpod. What are other people doing? I've switched back and forth several times, each time after reading something on here. I've given up. I'm leaving it at apple unless there is a SOLID amount of evidence suggesting I should switch to the Hpod.

Is it a FACT that Hpod's are no longer shipping at all and that all ipods being sent out are indeed apple?

Also, I'm a PC user who is about to switch over to mac (my powerbook G4 should be here next week) so I'm still unsure as to which ipod i should really get, if there is even a choice. That's another thing there's huge confusion over...which type of ipod should x platform user get?

on the one hand, apple's warranty sucks, and HP's is awesome. on the other hand, HP doesn't support mac users at all. How many people forsee needing help setting up their ipod? From what I hear it's just as easy as downloading iTunes, plugging the pod in and downloading songs to it from your HD. Am I missing something? Given that line of thought, if I COULD choose I'd go with an ipod with a longer warranty period (IE the Hpod) so if some bullshit happens and it stops working I can get it replaced or fixed.

of course this could all be pointless to think about, because there's rumors that hpods no longer exist to the gratis customer.

in short...

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

I have my 5 referrals, and i'm in processing. I have no idea where you all get those order status things that seems to be in everyone's profile, i'm probably not there yet. I just want to know what my best plan of attack is right now. I'd love the extended warranty if possible but i don't want to wait til 2005 to get my ipod, either.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? I'm not new here... i've read countless threads, so don't come at me like youre attacking a newbie. But everything i've read to this point has just seemed like opinion, nothing to substantiate anything...

just want to know the real deal, anyone have a real clue? help. ?

CollidgeGraduit

16-10-2004 19:39:20

In short, it's been answered A LOT on this forum.

NO HPS ARE SHIPPING ANYMORE.

DarkTemplar194

16-10-2004 19:39:46

i don't think it matters which one you 'choose' on the freeiPods.com "order status" thing , as you'll probably end up gettting an apple ipod anyways. i'm not sure though./

mtbaird5687

16-10-2004 22:30:32

how do you change to an apple when STV?

ThisSunAlsoRises

17-10-2004 03:11:35

you can't. you'll just get an apple.