question about fed ex tracking...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1732

BlingKing

16-10-2004 14:15:58

I put in my zip code (houston) and the ref number M9282LL/A. I get his guy who evidently ordered an iPod and it came from Shanghai. When mine ships ,and I put in the tracking #, will it track my shipment? Or just keep showing his?

xyclonez

16-10-2004 14:19:09

u were tracking by reference #, thats why his came up. When you put your tracking # it will come up with ur details.

BlingKing

16-10-2004 14:52:04

thx. 1 more question. How do i get a tracking number? Do i have to wait until its actually shipped? And once its shipped what is the reason for tracking it if it will come in like 2 days anyway?

That was more that 1 question... lol

xyclonez

16-10-2004 15:02:05

[quote3d3b5a0979="BlingKing"]thx. 1 more question. How do i get a tracking number? Do i have to wait until its actually shipped? And once its shipped what is the reason for tracking it if it will come in like 2 days anyway?

That was more that 1 question... lol[/quote3d3b5a0979]

u can do a reference search and tracking # is just good to know where ur ipod is and when it might come.. etc

mapStuart

16-10-2004 15:02:56

yes, you can't get a tracking number until its shipped. People like to know when it might delivered so they can take the necessary steps to make sure the package is received (note on the door, etc).

If you tracked by reference and it gave you this other guy's tracking number, then look to see the date his shipped. Add 16 to that date (so you get outside the +-15 days of his shipment) and you'll be able to track for any future shipments that go out to your zipcode without getting "unique match not found", etc.

hacktek

18-10-2004 15:09:42

Yay! I finally get not found when i track by reference, instead of some old tracking info D Bah, i think not found's better than that but not better than unique match not found (