put on hold - no reason! * UPDATE -> AGAIN!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17279

donaldpaul3

23-06-2005 20:33:22

My freegamingsystems was put on hold, they said my father wasn't unique. Not sure why, but we do have the same name (he is Jr I'm III). Have different addresses, didn't sign up at same location or computer. I am not sure whaty to do since he also signed up for a few other gratis sites. He completed an offer on one, but the others he hasn't done yet until we figure out the hold. What will happen to my other account where he completed an offer, and should he complete the offers for the other gratis sites he signed up for?

This is really kiling gratis rep with him and my family! It was VERY hard for me to convince him to do the sites, and after this he is bashing me and saying I am being scammed. Gratis is making a liar out of me \ I hope it all works out. I sent a support ticket, but I am getting discouraged. It is my first completed freebie site and THIS happens!

theysayjump

23-06-2005 20:37:03

it was more than likely due to you both having the same name. all you can really do is contact them and let them know of the situation.

the person i signed up for on freeipods was put on hold twice cos apparently i wasnt a unique referral (i didnt even know the guy till i joined this forum). so i wrote to them and told them/asked what was going on, and they took me off hold.

it happened again and they said it was a mistake and they put a note on my account to make sure it didnt happen again, which it didnt.

my other gratis accounts were fine though, and they werent put on hold.

so just write to them and try and find out whats going on.

uwmarchitect

23-06-2005 20:39:44

You'll get out of it okay ) I know it looks shady right now, but I actually got my 1 of my 10 referrals for freeminimacs.com denied my first time trying to get approval (it was my first freebie site too), and that made me also think I was being scammed. I just did another referral and I was good...I've never had a problem on any of their other sites.

Just keep up your hope...they won't scam you if you've been legit (which it sounds like you definitely have), so if the support ticket doesn't work, you may have to get another referral, but at least YOU aren't on hold).

Good luck...you'll be okay )

donaldpaul3

23-06-2005 20:43:25

[quoteb07cdb9144="uwmarchitect"]You'll get out of it okay ) I know it looks shady right now, but I actually got my 1 of my 10 referrals for freeminimacs.com denied my first time trying to get approval (it was my first freebie site too), and that made me also think I was being scammed. I just did another referral and I was good...I've never had a problem on any of their other sites.

Just keep up your hope...they won't scam you if you've been legit (which it sounds like you definitely have), so if the support ticket doesn't work, you may have to get another referral, but at least YOU aren't on hold).

Good luck...you'll be okay )[/quoteb07cdb9144]

Yes, I AM on hold, that is what upsets me. I didn't do anything wrong, didn't walk him through it or anything. He wouldn't even do it while I was there, he is kindof weird like that.

uwmarchitect

23-06-2005 20:45:06

Oh jeez, I'm sorry I forgot that part. Well, if you were honest in your support ticket and didn't chew them out or anything, they usually are supposed to be pretty understanding.

If all else fails, PM Jake with your situation...he's a lifesaver!

aguy

24-06-2005 01:07:28

you should be fine...

explain to them that u will send any info they need to show that you are diff people

donaldpaul3

24-06-2005 10:09:20

[quoted417637f70="aguy"]you should be fine...

explain to them that u will send any info they need to show that you are diff people[/quoted417637f70]

Yup, was all fine! After sending them a support ticket, they took me off hold and I am requesting approval again. I understand nothing works perfectly, so no hard feelings. A kind email and clear explanation goes a long way! Thanks gratis!

Also, I am getting 6 refs for freepsps, JUST IN CASE, lol.

uwmarchitect

24-06-2005 10:11:45

Congrats. Glad that worked out for you )

donaldpaul3

30-06-2005 12:01:54

Just got put on hold AGAIN but this time for freepsps.com! They greyed my father (again) and now my brother! They both signed up at their place from their computer and never even cancelled their offers. This really sucks! I guess they DQ refs now if they are related (have same last name) or maybe live near you. Also... I had my father do someone else's site, and they DQ'd him on their site too. I put in a ticket again, hopefully they come through... again ?

What sucks is... it was hard enough convincing family to do the sites, and now that they are DQ'd or whatever, they are going to give me a very hard time and not do any more gratis sites; And definately not try to get their refs. Gratis is hurting themselves as much or more than they are hurting me, cause they will lose many potential customers. I just hope this is fixed before they check their site (if they are on hold or see that they are grey), or they will never let me live it down (unless I eventually get my PSP ) )

Moral of the story, if you don't want to go on hold don't have anyone do your sites if they have the same last name. But then of course gratis loses referrals... so I don't know.

-FRUSTRATED

theysayjump

30-06-2005 14:31:05

i just got my freedesktoppc account put on hold permanently for my referral not being unique

i spent a lot of time and money getting my greens for that site (

prolific

30-06-2005 14:37:18

someone really needs to address this issue ... i had my sister sign up for me under xbox360 and she didn't even complete an offer ... she lives 2 houses away from me in her own home and gratis is getting the impression that i have multiple accounts because of this ...

ive talked to their "customer service" already and they just flat out said this account will remain on hold ... i've sent in another support ticket and if they don't explain themselves i will file a complaint with the better business bureau (wouldn't be surprised if gratis is not a member of bbb) shock

donaldpaul3

30-06-2005 20:26:50

[quote85c0cf8f2f="theysayjump"]i just got my freedesktoppc account put on hold permanently for my referral not being unique

i spent a lot of time and money getting my greens for that site ([/quote85c0cf8f2f]

Man that sucks! They aren't letting you get additional ones to make up for the "not unique" ones? Was it your fault they aren't unique, or were they family (which looks like a trigger for holds).

I am almost done with freedigitalcameras, and if I get put on hold permanently for that one which I worked my butt off to finish... I will be done with gratis - for good. And I can guarantee that my family and friends wont try to get their referrals either. They already think it is all a scam. I was really hoping to get some free stuff soon to prove that it isn't, I would love their refs.

hehehhehe

30-06-2005 20:54:28

[quote0e05c17bfc="donaldpaul3"][quote0e05c17bfc="theysayjump"]i just got my freedesktoppc account put on hold permanently for my referral not being unique

i spent a lot of time and money getting my greens for that site ([/quote0e05c17bfc]

Man that sucks! They aren't letting you get additional ones to make up for the "not unique" ones? Was it your fault they aren't unique, or were they family (which looks like a trigger for holds).
[/quote0e05c17bfc]
Yeah, what happened exactly? I thought they didn't put people on hold if two of the referrals weren't unique or something.

theysayjump

30-06-2005 21:09:49

[quote9ec4427a60="donaldpaul3"][quote9ec4427a60="theysayjump"]i just got my freedesktoppc account put on hold permanently for my referral not being unique

i spent a lot of time and money getting my greens for that site ([/quote9ec4427a60]

I am almost done with freedigitalcameras, and if I get put on hold permanently for that one which I worked my butt off to finish... I will be done with gratis - for good. And I can guarantee that my family and friends wont try to get their referrals either. They already think it is all a scam. I was really hoping to get some free stuff soon to prove that it isn't, I would love their refs.[/quote9ec4427a60]

well im only waiting for you to green for me, then i need 3 more. i contacted them and Jake but neither have gotten back to me yet.

i think it was CC40 who fucked me over. when he came back as jesus lizard, he was asking for people he was trading with, to send him their links. so i send him mine, and then he got banned, when he came back as BuildAPC, we agreed to trade....but when it came out that he was CC40, i refused to do his site.....so i think he gave Gratis my link saying i spammed him or something, but hopefully i can get it sorted out.